The ERT Poll

McSalsa

OK, this poll was inspired by all the raging debate over in the "2011 Gold Pass includes WindSeeker and Vortex" topic:

http://www.KICentral...25

It got me thinking: what 4 rides, if I could choose any 4, would I want open for ERT if I had a gold or platinum pass? And thus this poll. While it is multiple choice, please, ONLY CHOOSE FOUR.

Also, you don't need to, but I would consider the average wait times for rides. What would be the point of Flight Deck ERT, for example, as it usually only has a 5-15 minute wait? If you want to ignore this though, feel free to do so.

Please, keep this clean and friendly...if you're going to start fights and arguments here, for everyone's sake, click back.

Enjoy the poll. Or at least, attempt to.

NOTE: I only listed "major" rides and attractions, since having small family flatrides would not stand a chance compared to giant flats and roller coasters, however, Planet Snoopy and the Coney Mall flats are listed as "groups" of rides to be open for ERT. Racer only counts as 1. Planet Snoopy is a "combo", all rides & attractions there would open 1-hour early. It would be nice for the kids, wouldn't it? Son of Beast is closed and thus is NOT an option here.

MY PICKS:

I actually went against my favorite ride in the park, The Beast, and choose the X-Base coasters instead. Firehawk and Flight of Fear always have such long lines, why not open them an hour early and get them done with first? Even after the update, I still leave Beast out since it's lines won't be crazy and it's better later in the day, so my next 2 picks are...Diamondback (it does have kinda long lines at times and is VERY popular) and WindSeeker (NEW).

UPDATE:

Added a "random" option for those who might get tired of riding the same ride during ERT. This would be the park choosing a different major ride/attraction every day, possibly rotating.You may pick one "constant" and a random, which would mean for example:

Diamondback open for ERT every day, with a random ride joining it: Diamondback & Beast 1 day, the next Diamondback & WindSeeker, Diamondback & Vortex on Day 3...etc etc...

2ND UPDATE:

I'll be nice and let you open up to 4 rides for ERT now, even though KI only appears to wish to run 2...

i voted WindSeeker and The Racer.

The Racer is what sparked the second golden age of roller coasters, why not showcase it to who ever feels like getting to the park early, plus it has two sides.

WindSeeker will give you a great view of the park from a unique angle, unless you're deathly afraid of heights or swings, i think it will be a great ride for anyone over 48 52 inches.;)

I voted for Firehawk and Drop Tower. I rarely make it to KI any more, living pretty far away now. But even when I do, I often don't ride Firehawk because of the crazy long lines. And Drop Tower is one of my favorite rides there, but I normally only get one ride on it because of the lines there as well.

I voted for a group of 4 rides:

Diamondback: Very re-ridable and tends to have longer lines

Flight of Fear: One of my favorites in the park and also tends to have longer lines (the idea of multiple laps in the front makes me wish it were open early)

The Beast: My favorite ride.

WindSeeker: It's all shiny and new and will most likely have long lines this season at least.

Sorry to break away from the 2 ride system....

I voted for a group of 4 rides:

Diamondback: Very re-ridable and tends to have longer lines

Flight of Fear: One of my favorites in the park and also tends to have longer lines (the idea of multiple laps in the front makes me wish it were open early)

The Beast: My favorite ride.

WindSeeker: It's all shiny and new and will most likely have long lines this season at least.

Sorry to break away from the 2 ride system....

OK, new plan: even though KI only runs 2-ride ERT, in this poll, I'll expand ERT to 4 rides. But no more than 4. Less than 4? OK...but why would you want that?

Here's My 4 and Why.

1) Backlot Stunt Coaster-Can have a long line some days, and I just really like this ride.

2) Firehawk- always has a long line, and a great ride.

3) Beast-Great Morning ride.

4)Diamondback- Amazing ride in general, and great morning rides.

Rides I might of put before these under circumstances

Vortex-Really Fast line anyway

FOF-Only line I don't mind waiting in.

The Racer-Short Line

Flight Deck-Short Line

We need an option for "Do you feel this discussion is just beating a dead horse?" Cause I'd vote that one.

That should be an option for every poll when enthusiasts are involved...

;)

Did your browser back button stop working? :D I'm actually surprised McSalsa didn't attach his normal disclaimer to this poll.

We need an option for "Do you feel this discussion is just beating a dead horse?" Cause I'd vote that one.

That should be an option for every poll when enthusiasts are involved...

;)

Did your browser back button stop working? :D I'm actually surprised McSalsa didn't attach his normal disclaimer to this poll.

Umm...actually, I did:

Please, keep this clean and friendly...if you're going to start fights and arguments here, for everyone's sake, click back.

Enjoy the poll. Or at least, attempt to.

Yep.

Dane? There is a Dane? :)

You beat me to the punch!

I will say that Dane's opinions must carry more weight with the park than most of ours...not because he is a mod...but judging by how often he visits this site he probably isn't considered an enthusiast. (Cue snare drum.) :D

(This is why am glad that Robbie is still constantly here.)

It was a joke. Relax.

Ain't that the truth.

Some members (myself included) really need to take a step back sometimes and understand all (or most ;) ) of these discussions are centered around a park we have fun at.

Being so serious about issues we have minimal knowledge of and have equal or less influence takes the pleasure away of why we are here.

"Hey Madison Ave! Lighten up!" -If you can tell me who/ what this quote is from, you get the browntggrr prize of the day!