The ERT Poll

McSalsa

Passes only honored on any operating day at Kings Island, Mason, Ohio in the 1980's. Certain rides may not be available for ERT as they may not yet have been constructed. Sitings of Mr. Kinzel in the park during your visit should not be anticipated, given the time of your visit. Taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the winner. Not valid in New Jersey.

I'm still not convinced that KI is going to stop ERT on DB and Beast

I'm with you on that. We'll see. It's still two months until opening day, and I've been around the park enough to know that things are always subject to change.

We need an option for "Do you feel this discussion is just beating a dead horse?" Cause I'd vote that one.

That should be an option for every poll when enthusiasts are involved...

Ain't that the truth!

As far as this poll goes, and since we're picking 4 rides, in my ideal world ERT would include:

Diamondback - because it's still relatively new and is so easy to re-ride

Beast - because it's a classic and provides a nice contrast to Diamondback

WindSeeker - because it's the new ride this year and will potentially have long lines

Firehawk - because this line almost always tends to be long during the day and adding extra time could help alleviate some of that

I'd go with Diamondback, The Beast, WindSeeker, and Firehawk.

Diamondback, because it's very re-rideable, fun, and the park's signature steel coaster.

The Beast, because it's probably the park's most iconic ride and can have long lines on certain days.

Firehawk, because it always has long lines.

WindSeeker, because it's the new ride.

If the spacing out of the rides is a problem, replace WindSeeker with Flight of Fear and open X-Base on some days and open Rivertown other days.

One of the things I love about having beast for ert (or first ride of the day for that matter) is that it runs/feels different in the morning compared to later in the day, especially if there is a drastic change in temp from early morning to late afternoon. I guess its noticeable on many rides, but especially on beast. Anyone else agree?

• 4 weeks later...

Beast, Diamondback, WindSeeker and Planet Snoopy.

The first three are obvious - the park's two biggest coasters and the new ride.

Planet Snoopy because it gives families and those who aren't big on coasters/thrill rides a place to play, without them having to be there on a specific day (like they did this past season).

My 4 choices were, Drop Tower (Obviously), Firehawk due to the extremely long lines, Flight of Fear being next to Firehawk and I love the ride, and Diamondback because on a good ERT morning you can get up to about 5 rides in if not more.

I voted DB and Beast.

Because those 2 were the ones I was assured would be open for ERT in 2011 by KI's customer service reps and KI's website when we renewed our gold passes during 2010 Haunt!!

Please call (513) 754 5700 during regular business hours. Push 0 to get to a human. Politely let them know how much you want them to deliver on what they promised last year while selling us 2011 gold/platinum passes.

That's right, I'm going to beat this horse with the biggest stick I can find as often as I can. Thanks McSalsa for starting this thread.

To all the Haters: "Feel free to hate on me"- Katt Williams

• 2 weeks later...