Personal Belongings On Roller Coasters at KI

KILateNighter

Leave the cellphone at home or in the car!

Terp aka Luddite on some things...and who is always amazed at how much paraphernalia people bring to parks (and then rent lockers to store!)

I am 15 I get dropped off, and leaving it at home my mom would mad if she couldn't get a hold of me she's afriad I will fall out of a coaster or get kidnapped (like anybody wouldn't notice any of those two)!

And look like a dork while walking around the park :)

My best advice is definitely cargo shorts.

while you do have a point, you go to a park for fun anyway; why not look silly in the prosses???

-this coming from a man of weird taste.cool.gif

9621_510606500204_188300094_30422734_5998697_n.jpg

EDIT: found a shot with my modified shorts.

SANY1462.jpg

Terp aka Luddite on some things...and who is always amazed at how much paraphernalia people bring to parks (and then rent lockers to store!)

I am 15 I get dropped off, and leaving it at home my mom would mad if she couldn't get a hold of me she's afriad I will fall out of a coaster or get kidnapped (like anybody wouldn't notice any of those two)!

If you fall out of a coaster I don't think she would be able to get a hold of you anyway.

Depending on whether we are going to Boomerang Bay that day, I either wear:

1) Swimsuit (board shorts) with deep pockets

2) Cargo shorts with deep pockets

I leave my wallet in the car. I leave my keys in the car. In a Ziploc bag in my pocket, I carry cellphone, spare key for car, cash. (Ziploc bag is in case we do a water ride to protect contents.) Streamlined.

Yes because if you fall out of a roller coaster, you will be able to call your mom.

As other people have said, cargo shorts are the way to go.

I have several pairs of shorts that for several reasons I find more comfortable than the cargo shorts I have. Unfortunately those shorts didn't have zippered pockets. So what I did was put iron-on velcro on the inside edge of the pockets of those shorts, and that worked very successfully for me all season last year!

And back in my day, we didn't have cell phones. So when our parents dropped us off at the park, they gave us a time to meet them at the pick up area... and if we didn't meet them at the designated time, there was hell to pay!

• Like 1

Yeah, the only time I ever had an issue at all, was opening season of DB, when the restraint stapled me after the 2nd drop, and ended up pushing the V Cast button on my touchscreen phone and bought some goofy Black Eyed Peas song without my knowledge! LOL The only time I can see a cell in the pocket of a pair of jeans or jeanshorts being a potential loss item is if its something HUGE like the Droid X.

This topic amuses me for many reasons.

When shopping for skirts, I always look for that 'perfect coaster skirt'. My family members shop with that in mind too :lol:

I try to buy things with zipper pockets. My usual park skirt has seen better days, so, I have plans on modifying one with iron-on velcro in the pockets. My husband usually wears cargo pants, but I do need my phone. I keep a baggy with me at all times too, in case it rains or I decide to get wet.

Velcro and plastic. The answer to all of life's problems.B)