Personal Belongings On Roller Coasters at KI

KILateNighter

When shopping for skirts, I always look for that 'perfect coaster skirt'.

So is the 'perfect coaster skirt' short? That could be an intresting sight on some coasters!

B)

:lol: Knee-length, but yeah, I've had a few *ahem* 'wardrobe malfunctions'. That's when I began wearing short leggings underneath, lol

I always wear cargo shorts or cargo pants, with 2 ziploc bags. One has my wallet, Car Key, (the rest of my keys stay in the car,) and gets my phone when on a water ride and on DB. The other ziploc bag is in a separate cargo pocket and has a small piece of microfiber cloth to clean my glasses. This bag also gets my glasses when on a water ride. I keep them separate so they do not get scratched by the items in the other ziploc bag.

Leave everything in the car! Use a long clip that attaches to a belt loop, attach your keys to the one closest to your side pocket, and put your keys in. That's the only thing I take into parks except for maybe a 20 dollar bill which I keep in a zippered pocket.

I keep a flat key to the car in my wallet. If your wanting to go minimal, take your car key off the ring and leave the rest in the car. Then undo your shoe lace a bit and loop the lace through the key then back through the shoe before tying your shoe.

I keep a flat key to the car in my wallet. If your wanting to go minimal, take your car key off the ring and leave the rest in the car. Then undo your shoe lace a bit and loop the lace through the key then back through the shoe before tying your shoe.

This works great with a swimsuit too... but not my smart key:D

I'm in the "leave everything you can in the car" group.

I wear track and trail clothing to parks. Most outfitters have pants made of awesome microfibers that wick moisture and stay very cool. I have pants that have a clip on a mini bungee sewn into the pocket... love em. I started wearing hiking shorts last year and love it. They're just swimsuit material, a little heavier and they have very secure pockets... like Velcro across the whole top. I bet even Dick's or Gander mountain would have this kinda stuff.

My challenge this year is trying to find swim trunks in my size without those #$%* rivets! I love me some waterslides, and I'm in need of some new trunks this year. The trunks I've had for years I can still wear, they just are really faded since I've had them since before GatorGirl was born.

If by waterpark opening you can not find some swim trunks without the rivets keep in mind that the Boomerang Bay gift shop sells them without the rivets. Yes they are a bit more but at least you know they will work plus at the beginning of the season you get the first pick of the lot.Good Luck

For all the cargo pants/shorts fans here, do you find that your phone and such are flopping around wildly when on a ride such as Diamondback or Vortex? It seems to me that the phone would bang on the restraint on DB, but maybe I'm wrong.

I've had my pocket contents jammed rather uncomfortably into my groin by a DB ride op that stapled me into the seat, badly enough that I requested an unlock so I could reset. Since that lesson I always make sure the cellphone is laying flat against my leg and put my hand flat over it before stapling to be sure of a little wiggle room. There isn't enough wiggle room to worry about something coming out, even in the unlikely event that the pocket flap was open.

For all the cargo pants/shorts fans here, do you find that your phone and such are flopping around wildly when on a ride such as Diamondback or Vortex? It seems to me that the phone would bang on the restraint on DB, but maybe I'm wrong.

One of my favorite things about DB's seats is if you have cargo pants with secure side pockets, you can slide your items up to either of your hips and there's a big enough gap between the side and bottom of the seat for your items to fit perfectly. If you pack too heavy for that idea, they have these boxes with really LOUD lids that you can leave your stuff in while you ride.

Any suggestions on where to look for cargo shorts with zippered pockets? I checked my local Walmart and Kmart today, and all they have is ones with small squares of velcro that don't cover the whole width of the pocket. I'd like to stay as inexpensive as possible. Sewing zippers onto a pair of shorts myself is not an option; I don't have any sewing equipment or a clue as to how to use it, and I don't know anybody that can do it for me.

I just purchased a couple of pairs of cargo shorts from Kohls today (exact shorts can be found in the link). While the main pockets have the 2 velcro pieces, above the right pocket is a nice deep zippered pocket that will find my iphone and keys in it for coaster rides.

I just purchased a couple of pairs of cargo shorts from Kohls today (exact shorts can be found in the link). While the main pockets have the 2 velcro pieces, above the right pocket is a nice deep zippered pocket that will find my iphone and keys in it for coaster rides.

Thanks, but I'm on a tight budget, and the $40 price tag on those is a little out of my price range. I was hoping to get something for less than $20 or $25.

(Though I don't have, and will never have, a Kohl's charge card; one credit card is more than enough for me.)

I understand this thought process, but will tell you that I do have the Kohls charge card and it is the ONLY store card I have. I ended up paying $16.80 for these shorts (I had the 30% discount this time and it is on top of the sale price). In addition, since I picked up a few things for the kids also, I got $10 back in "Kohls Cash"

I know I sound like an ad for Kohls here, but I hate to pay more when there really isn't a downside - so long as you can be disciplined enough to pay off the charges in full each month.

Thanks, but I'm sticking to the one credit card I have now. I'd rather pay a little more now to avoid the chance of losing track of multiple cards and getting buried under a pile of debt like my parents did. If there's one piece of good advice they gave me, it was "don't get more than one credit card." More cards = more perceived freedom to spend (OK, that balance is high, but this one's low, so I'll charge it to this one), and being a spender, that's the last thing I need; it's difficult enough for me to control my spending with one card in my wallet without adding a second one.

I have to recommend Sam's Club for great deals on Cargo Shorts. Every year I buy surplus cargo shorts from Izod, Levi, or Pugg there for like 12.99! At that price, if a zipper breaks after a year, or I blow a seem I can just sew them back up and wear them around the house!

I need to get all those rounded up for Disney World in a week come to think of it!

I have to recommend Sam's Club for great deals on Cargo Shorts. Every year I buy surplus cargo shorts from Izod, Levi, or Pugg there for like 12.99! At that price, if a zipper breaks after a year, or I blow a seem I can just sew them back up and wear them around the house!

I need to get all those rounded up for Disney World in a week come to think of it!

Absolutely, I was at Sam's club yesterday here in Indy and they had a lot of them to offer. I usually get several pairs there every year for coaster trips!

I've had my pocket contents jammed rather uncomfortably into my groin by a DB ride op that stapled me into the seat, badly enough that I requested an unlock so I could reset. Since that lesson I always make sure the cellphone is laying flat against my leg and put my hand flat over it before stapling to be sure of a little wiggle room. There isn't enough wiggle room to worry about something coming out, even in the unlikely event that the pocket flap was open.

I wasn't really worried about the phone flying out, rather I was concerned about it slamming against the restraint and breaking my phone to bits.