Men Accused of Stealing Scrap Metal From Kings Island

BoddaH1994

Much less, how did said individuals get away with stealing that much scrap metal. Its not like you can just walk off with large chunks of metal. Not to mention, that June through October is a pretty large time frame. Where were they taking said items from anyway?

Scrap & precious metal dealers have to account for items purchased from people off the street.

This is a law (at least in PA) that was put into effect some time ago to trace possible thefts. I'm sure Ohio has the same type of law.

My guess is, these two yahoos used their actual ID when the scrap was sold believing that KI would not find out for quite some time.

This law also is to prevent dealers from knowingly purchasing stolen metal as they have to open their books to the authorites when requested.

Some info of a recent case that happened locally:

http://www.wicu12.co...00489&type=News

Ugh. Thieves rub me the wrong way. Could be because I was robbed earlier this year. Anywho, copper thieves have knocked our power and phone out for days. One dude fried himself a few miles from my house. Was his life worth it for the copper?

And did these fools think they'd get away with such brazen acts at Kings Island? I mean really.

*sigh* I'm thankful I was raised to be respectful of others belongings.

Ugh. Thieves rub me the wrong way. Could be because I was robbed earlier this year. Anywho, copper thieves have knocked our power and phone out for days. One dude fried himself a few miles from my house. Was his life worth it for the copper?

A guy here in Erie fell from form the roof while stealing copper of a closed Burger King and broke his leg.

Needless to say, with the evidence piled against him, he did not have a leg to stand on.

A guy here in Erie fell from form the roof while stealing copper of a closed Burger King and broke his leg.

Needless to say, with the evidence piled against him, he did not have a leg to stand on.

You said LEG, meaning one leg, so he did have a leg to stand on because only one was broken. ;)

You said LEG, meaning one leg, so he did have a leg to stand on because only one was broken. ;)

Hey! Quit ruining my bad joke! :D

My dad has done maintenance for many of the Indy area Wendy's for a few years now, and a lot of work involves being on the roof late at night/early morning. And one night he was startled by three officers down in the parking lot, weapons drawn, shouting at him through a bull horn to stand up with his hands in the air....It's a huge problem, and fast food joints are an easy target, there is tons of copper in the a/c units, and the coolers and freezers, and they just sit there unattended through the night...

Theft is running rampant almost everywhere, sadly. People are having the catalytic converters stolen from their exhaust systems. A little while back a man in Louisville blew up a gas station while stealing gas. One of the storage tanks burst, trapping him and his truck in the collapsed parking lot.

^ Karma? Not that the punishment fits the crime but still...

I hate thieves... and I'll physically detain them if I see it. I caught some fool looking in a neighbor's window with a towel wrapped around his hand. Not in my neighborhood buddy!

I'll bet you a whopper that he ends up trying to sue BK for not preventing him from accessing the roof.