Adventure Point @ Indiana Beach

there is always the free lot that you walk across a suspension bridge silly.

I think I read their page wrong, it states 3rd park area, not parking area. I thought they were expanding into the parking lot.

I am still not sure where this new attraction will be? The Steel Hawg Midway?

I am assuming the entrance plaza they speak of is the one next to Steel Hawg?

From the website (particularly the season pass page) it looks like this area will be an upcharge attraction. Regular season passes are on sale for $59.95 and the Adventure Pass - which includes the new Adventure Point Attractions is $99.95.

From the website (particularly the season pass page) it looks like this area will be an upcharge attraction. Regular season passes are on sale for $59.95 and the Adventure Pass - which includes the new Adventure Point Attractions is $99.95.

I see what you are saying. The question is if the zip line, high ropes, and rock climb worth the $40.00.

https://webhost.corecashless.com/indianabeach/ticketsales/?p=is12t4ym

Unfortunately, I don't see this attraction brining in a lot of new business to the park.

^Agreed. It seems more like a fairly cheap (as far as installation cost goes) way for the park to make a little more money off of those who are already there as opposed to something that will really draw large amounts of new visitors.. If that money is then reinvested into all these refurbishment projects they have been touting then that's fine with me.

Maybe it is not to bring in a lot on new customers, but to get more $ out of their already visiting customers. I know some of the Zip Line attractions at various parks are operated and maintained by a third party entity. http://www.dollywood...097-SkyZip.aspx

Hum, I did not know this was a popular attraction at other parks. Thanks for sharing!

^Agreed. It seems more like a fairly cheap (as far as installation cost goes) way for the park to make a little more money off of those who are already there as opposed to something that will really draw large amounts of new visitors.. If that money is then reinvested into all these refurbishment projects they have been touting then that's fine with me.

Yes, I would love them to invest money into the existing rides and spruce up the place. When Morgan RV first purchased the place and painted the kiddie rides and water slides I was very excited that they were going to continue over the next several season and really get it looking good again. So far that has not happened. Hopefully they can get things looking new and not run down.

Well, I have one of these in my backyard for my kids and it's not very fun for them. So I'd love to see how this will turn out.

I think placement is going to be a big factor on ridership. It does look cool and will probably try it if not a big up charge.

Indiana Beach mentioned this is a part of a multi-year, multi-million dollar project to expand the park. I'm assuming Steel Hawg was the first part, and Adventure Point is the second phase? There will still be alot of room, I really would love to see a bigger coaster or some type of major thrill ride. I really miss Indiana Beach, such an amazing park!

Indiana Beach mentioned this is a part of a multi-year, multi-million dollar project to expand the park. I'm assuming Steel Hawg was the first part, and Adventure Point is the second phase? There will still be alot of room, I really would love to see a bigger coaster or some type of major thrill ride. I really miss Indiana Beach, such an amazing park!

I could be wrong, but I would assume that Steel Hawg is not part of the project. It was being built before Morgan RV bought the park. This will be the third season for SH.

everything there is an upcharge. unless you get a wrist band for the day; or a season pass. i went for my first visit last year & fell in love with the place. it reminds me of a lost time of simplicitey that you dont see anymore, ANYWHERE. most places go with the thought of "whats big & new that will drive in the crowds to spend money in our parks?" as compaired to "how can we improve what we have to keep our regulars wanting to come back season after season?".

• 1 month later...

acording to IB Fascination facebook page: Park News: Adventure Point is in the main park on the south end. We are moving the Music Express and Waterswings to the Boardwalk between The Steel Hawg and Hoosier Hurricane. The Falling Star is moving to the north end by the Double Shot to accomodate these exciting new attractions!

acording to IB Fascination facebook page: Park News: Adventure Point is in the main park on the south end. We are moving the Music Express and Waterswings to the Boardwalk between The Steel Hawg and Hoosier Hurricane. The Falling Star is moving to the north end by the Double Shot to accomodate these exciting new attractions!

That is really interesting, I can not belevie they are moving rides around to make room for this. IB is going to look a lot different this year!