Beast Walkback

Jasper

I was reading on the Park Executives section of the site and I read about Ruth Voss and at the bottom it said that the park still continues the tradition of a Beast walkback, is this true? I have never seen a walk back group in the morning going towards The Beast, if there is one I just must have missed it.

Nope. As far as I'm aware, the park has discontinued Beast walkbacks since (I think) '08. I emailed Don Helbig about this a couple years ago; I'll see if I can dig up the message and post it here. (The bit you found was probably just a remnant the park forgot about.)

EDIT: As I recall, the message essentially said that Beast ERT for gold passholders pretty much replaced the Voss walkback. But like I said, I'll keep looking for that email.

I do not think it really does need a walk back. The ride usually has little or no wait. It was a very nice tradition, one that the park carried on in many years in her name. The walk back was essentially discontinued once The Beast became part of the ERT when Diamondback opened. Remember, that prior to 2001, there was no gold pass, and the only ERT sessions that pass holders or enthusiasts could get was at a coaster event. And the walk back was NOT exclusive ride time. It simply was a walk back to the entrance of the ride, to be the first ones in line for the ride.

That is correct that with the opening of Diamondback, the ACE walkback instead became the coaster club/gold pass ERT on Diamondback and Beast. Another interesting thing to note is that the walkback was not for passholders, but members of coaster clubs (though there were many times that the membership cards were not checked). Though there were times during the walkback if the ride crew was ready there was a chance to have a ride or two before the general public arrived. And also if Beast was not going to open on time, I do remember having the walkback go to Son of Beast, Face/Off and Tomb Raider during its first year of operation.