Are you going to KI opening day?

KILateNighter

Similar to the other Opening Day one this discusses if you are or are not going to be there opening day, and for how long.

This gives people an idea of how long people like to go and if they are going.

So, Have fun!

I voted whole day 13 hours (I am going to be tired)

EDIT: Added a 10th option I don't know yet!

Not sure yet - depends upon what time kids soccer and t-ball games are (assuming it ever stops raining long enough to dry out the fields).

With 4 hrs of driving there and back I like to make sure I spend as much time as possible to get the most out of my travel efforts.

Gotta respect the effort you (and others) put into getting to KI for a day. For me, with 15 minutes of driving there and back ... I feel lucky.

I will be there at opening, but I will NOT be participating in ERT, because they are NOT offering ERT on rides that I like! And I would have stayed ALL day, but since they took

away my ERT, I am taking away their income! I would have to buy food and drink at the park, and I have no intentions of buying ANYTHING at Kings Island this year! I will

probably stay til about noon, depending on how many rides I CAN get in on Diamondback. If its only one or two per hour, I will leave no later then noon. If I can get a few more

than that, I will stay as long as possible. Since they've chosen to open so dang late this year, I doubt it will be a dead day, unless it rains or something. Typically, opening days

are light crowds, but thats been when they opened earlier in April. They are opening with Music in the parks right out of the chute, so it will probably be a little more crowded

and if its anything like Cedar Point was last year, expect a lot of rides to break down! With any luck, maybe WindSeeker and/or Vortex will break down before the park opens,

and they will HAVE to open Diamondback and Beast as replacements! One can only hope! :)

I will be there at opening, but I will NOT be participating in ERT, because they are NOT offering ERT on rides that I like!

One of which you've never ridden, so how do you have an opinion on it already?

And I would have stayed ALL day, but since they took away my ERT, I am taking away their income! I would have to buy food and drink at the park, and I have no intentions of buying ANYTHING at Kings Island this year!

On opening day I'll buy two tickets at the buffet. One for my American self and one to make up for the meal you would've purchased. I won't need two tickets, so I'll give one away to the first family with young kids I see. This way your boycott and points are moot and I helped a nice parkgoing family save some cash - well technically you did.

I will probably stay til about noon, depending on how many rides I CAN get in on Diamondback. If its only one or two per hour, I will leave no later then noon. If I can get a few more than that, I will stay as long as possible. Since they've chosen to open so dang late this year, I doubt it will be a dead day, unless it rains or something. Typically, opening days

are light crowds, but thats been when they opened earlier in April. They are opening with Music in the parks right out of the chute, so it will probably be a little more crowded

and if its anything like Cedar Point was last year, expect a lot of rides to break down!

Golly jeepers. Why did you ever visit the park before it had Diamondback? I just glanced briefly at the operating calendars for this year and last, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only a few days less that they're open this year and didn't they add more of staying open till midnight on some nights? I bet you'll still have plenty of "dead days" where you can do nothing but ride Diamondback.

With any luck, maybe WindSeeker and/or Vortex will break down before the park opens,

Why wish misfortune on a park that so many people love?

You take the Acer "right of entitlement" stereotypes to new levels.

I will be there at opening, but I will NOT be participating in ERT, because they are NOT offering ERT on rides that I like!

One of which you've never ridden, so how do you have an opinion on it?

And I would have stayed ALL day, but since they took away my ERT, I am taking away their income! I would have to buy food and drink at the park, and I have no intentions of buying ANYTHING at Kings Island this year!

On opening day I'll buy two tickets at the buffet. One for my American self and one to make up for the meal you would've purchased. I won't need two tickets, so I'll give one away to the first family with young kids I see. This way your boycott and points are moot and I helped a nice parkgoing family save some cash - well technically you did.

I will probably stay til about noon, depending on how many rides I CAN get in on Diamondback. If its only one or two per hour, I will leave no later then noon. If I can get a few more than that, I will stay as long as possible. Since they've chosen to open so dang late this year, I doubt it will be a dead day, unless it rains or something. Typically, opening days

and if its anything like Cedar Point was last year, expect a lot of rides to break down!

Golly jeepers. Why did you ever visit the park before it had Diamondback? I just glanced briefly at the operating calendars for this year and last, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only a few days less that they're open this year and didn't they add more of staying open till midnight on some nights? I bet you'll still have plenty of "dead days" where you can do nothing but ride Diamondback.

With any luck, maybe WindSeeker and/or Vortex will break down before the park opens,

Actually, I have ridden one like it in Florida, and I was NOT impressed. In fact, when I got off, I actually got down on my knees and kissed the ground.

And before Diamondback, I rode Son of Beast and backwards Racer, both of which have been taken away from us. Another senseless act.

And for your question of misfortune:

Well, I feel that when they take something away that I count on, that that just isn't fair. So, maybe it wouldn't be fair if they opened a park with their feature ride broken down.

I'm just saying, I believe the majority who attend the ERT's would much rather ride an airtime roller coaster, than some boring spinning in the air ride, that probably has the thrill

of putting a hair dryer to your face!

One of which you've never ridden, so how do you have an opinion on it?

Actually, I have ridden one like it in Florida, and I was NOT impressed. In fact, when I got off, I actually got down on my knees and kissed the ground.

And before Diamondback, I rode Son of Beast and backwards Racer, both of which have been taken away from us. Another senseless act.

And for your question of misfortune:

Well, I feel that when they take something away that I count on, that that just isn't fair. So, maybe it wouldn't be fair if they opened a park with their feature ride broken down.

I'm just saying, I believe the majority who attend the ERT's would much rather ride an airtime roller coaster, than some boring spinning in the air ride, that probably has the thrill

of putting a hair dryer to your face!

WindSeeker is a prototype ride, and nobody knows if the ride experience is really that similar to a Starflyer. That's like saying Demon Drop and Drop Zone are the same ride....

Racer was turned around due to regulations from the state of Ohio or manufacturer reccomendations. Are you gonna boycott them too??

You've never been on WindSeeker so you don't know if it's thrilling, and you certainly can't speak for the majority of the public on what they would want for ERT.

Maybe you just shouldn't go to the park at all, the atmosphere would probably be overall more pleasant without downers like you whining and complaining.

I will be there at opening, but I will NOT be participating in ERT, because they are NOT offering ERT on rides that I like! And I would have stayed ALL day, but since they took

away my ERT, I am taking away their income!

And what did you do before ERT existed?

...and Waldameer! Yes, Waldameer (I love that little place!). And Conneaut...if only it was what it once was...

But...

But....

Most of all...

by far....

KNOEBEL'S GROVE AMUSEMENT RESORT!

CLP is on the right track. I only hope it continues in that direction.

And of coarse Waldameer, where else would the Erie school kids enjoy the last days of the school year? :)