New Park Map Teaser

KILateNighter

Maybe they will include it and just put "CLOSED FOR SEASON" over it on the map, just for the fact that it probably caused some guest confusion last year, when it could clearly be seen in person, but was nowhere to be found on the map.

Or, if Son of Beast happened to get the Texas Giant treatment, then they could put on the map, "Look for a new and improved ride experience on Son of Beast in 2012". Not saying this is likely, but it is a possibility.

Maybe they will include it and just put "CLOSED FOR SEASON" over it on the map, just for the fact that it probably caused some guest confusion last year, when it could clearly be seen in person, but was nowhere to be found on the map.

Or, if Son of Beast happened to get the Texas Giant treatment, then they could put on the map, "Look for a new and improved ride experience on Son of Beast in 2012". Not saying this is likely, but it is a possibility.

If they have no plans to open SOB this season I don't see it being on the map, even if they have plans for a renovation. IndyGuy has been wrong many times before and probably will be again, so I guess we will just have to wait and see how this plays out.

I have a feeling that if Don Helbig scratched the right side of his head in an interview, we would, within three days, reach the obvious conclusion that we are getting the worlds first B&M Hyper Invert with 12 inversions that will be the main attraction of an X-Base expansion, featuring 3 new flat rides, high-capacity gravy buffets, and the world's first Giga-Bathrooms! :P

Ok, I had a lot of fun writing that, but you get the point I'm making :P Maybe a folded map is just a folded map....

Guest TombraiderTy

Well, from the "far" distance, this new park map actually looks pretty good. Though they have seemed to carry-over the Eiffel Tower tower from the old map...it looks almost exactly the same from this picture. And as a side-note, the old map ran from 1999 to 2010...unless it was introduced earlier. But even if that's true, 11 years...perhaps it was time for a change.

As for what he is covering up- I am pretty confident that is on purpose...

From 1999 to 2010 would be twelve years...as the first, 1999, is the first, not the zeroeth, 2000 would be the second and so on, making 2010 the twelfth year...

Terp, repeating a lesson he has often recited here...

1998 was actually the first year. Just to throw that out there :P

...we are getting the worlds first B&M Hyper Invert with 12 inversions that will be the main attraction of an X-Base expansion, featuring 3 new flat rides, high-capacity gravy buffets, and the world's first Giga-Bathrooms! :P

I'm sending this into Screamscape.

Transcript of the conversation right before the picture was taken:

Web Guy, " Hey Don, can I get a shot of you looking at the park map"

Don, "Sure"

Web Guy, (Click) "Thanks"

Don, "No problem"

Web Guy, " You know you shouldn't put your cup of free park water by your computer. Also the 80's called.....they want their phone back!"

Don, "Get out of my office!"

Transcript of the conversation right before the picture was taken:

Web Guy, " Hey Don, can I get a shot of you looking at the park map"

Don, "Sure"

Web Guy, (Click) "Thanks"

Don, "No problem"

Web Guy, " You know you shouldn't put your cup of free park water by your computer. Also the 80's called.....they want their phone back!"

Don, "Get out of my office!"

Now that is funny!:lol:

Well here is what I think....

1.) They are going to add a new section or ride over in that area.

2.) They are going to open the Son of The Beast back up.

3.) Sadly dismatle the son of The Beast. ( doubt it actually )

4.) They are going to put a TBA or Coming soon to that area.

5.) Or this is a prototype of the map and havent finished it. ( maybe thats why we are lacking trees!)

Quick question. Whats THE Son of The Beast?

5.) Or this is a prototype of the map and havent finished it. ( maybe thats why we are lacking trees!)

SHhh ITS a secert ride that King Island might open to the public.... .SHHHHHH Its a SECERT!

SHhh ITS a secert ride that King Island might open to the public.... .SHHHHHH Its a SECERT!

I thought it was that coaster being built in Canada.

Don's to do list:

1) Go to work

2) Planning on how to make KIC talk

3) Pose for pictures

4) Post Pictures

5) Tease "information"/media on something that KIC doesn't know about

6) At home: Reads KIC and laughs quietly to himself! :)

Either way, the 2011 map will have something on it that none of us expected. Now what I'm wondering when will the map be posted? I thought I saw something but it may have just been my imagination. Do you think it'll be posted after the 18th?

Don's to do list:

1) Go to work

3) Pose for pictures

4) Post Pictures

Either way, the 2011 map will have something on it that none of us expected. Now what I'm wondering when will the map be posted? I thought I saw something but it may have just been my imagination. Do you think it'll be posted after the 18th?

Im thinking beginning to middle of april. Proably before the 18th is what im thinking.

Don's to do list:

1) Go to work

3) Pose for pictures

4) Post Pictures

Im thinking beginning to middle of april. Proably before the 18th is what im thinking.

I think Diamondback was asking if before 3.18.11