New Park Map Teaser

KILateNighter

They could at least trees around the perimeter of the park. I'm not expecting them to add them *in* the park and have them obscure Coney Mall and International Street like they do in reality, but the map just looks strange with the rides around the edge located in an open void.

Also, the WindSeeker area isn't even accurate (notice the huge gap between the bathroom and WindSeeker and the location of the former Action Theater exit in relation to WindSeeker.

By the way, why does Drop Tower still have the spiral Drop Zone logo in front of it from the PKI map?

Awful - how can they Put that garbage in front of us and not Realize that It will cause many people to visit Less this summer. For a park that Once had an Outstanding map with nice red Lines showing exact layouts of coasters, this Supposed map is just not acceptable.

Please tell me that this is Only for the math and Science brochure and is not the True map.

Can you please explain to me how the quality (or lack thereof) of the park map will impact attendence? I am afraid I don't understand the connection.

The lack of loop on Invertigo. And parts of the map in general...

I am 99% sure that the old PKI map was used as a guide. Note the blank banners on Front Gate, the spiral sign by Drop Zone, the grass instead of pavement behind Skyline in Coney Mall, and some other similarities that are "errors".

Awful - how can they Put that garbage in front of us and not Realize that It will cause many people to visit Less this summer. For a park that Once had an Outstanding map with nice red Lines showing exact layouts of coasters, this Supposed map is just not acceptable.

Please tell me that this is Only for the math and Science brochure and is not the True map.

This just made me laugh for a good 5 minutes. :) Sorry but a park map IS NOT going to effect attendance.

And this is why we are friends. Anyone who does not know KIfan1980 will not know that he is being sarcastic. (or at least I think.. :) )

I am 99% sure that the old PKI map was used as a guide. Note the blank banners on Front Gate, the spiral sign by Drop Zone, the grass instead of pavement behind Skyline in Coney Mall, and some other similarities that are "errors".

And who else will care or be bothered by it?

Only people on this website.

Guests are going to grab one, look at it, say "oh that ride looks neat," then find the general direction on how to walk to it.

Then they'll stuff it in their pocket or throw it away.

People come to the park for its various attractions, not the map.

Guest PizzaBaby027

I don't think this is a finished map, I mean there aren't any names on any rides, no guide, no safety tips or anything. I think this may be a rough draft for the real one but they still need to add alot!!

Also if this was the finished map or even the real one then why isn't it on the website!? Also there are no people or anything at ALL!

Guest PizzaBaby027

I don't think this is a finished map, I mean there aren't any names on any rides, no guide, no safety tips or anything. I think this may be a rough draft for the real one but they still need to add alot!!

To all who assert that ours is a rough draft and will eventually get trees, people, landscaping, etc... See exhibit A.

For better or worse, this is the style of these maps... They do not have trees. Some have three-pronged bushes (Just ask CedarPointer!). Because they are exaggerated and cartoony, there are some areas that appear very sparse (see Action Zone on our map) while others looks cluttered. That's the nature of these maps.

I don't hate it. I much, much, much prefer the older Citigraph style. But I'm not naive enough to think that anyone outside of this website gives a crap what the map looks like, unlike some people here...

And as for the park's Twitter comment about "it's a map of the attractions, not each individual tree..." Well first of all, what professional behavior. Certainly, that's something that Disney or Universal or Dollywood would tweet to a visitor, right? I'd sooner expect a flying pig to defecate on my car than to see such a comment ever come from Holiday World or Legoland or even Six Flags. I'm a little ashamed and embarrassed that someone representing the park chose to be snarky or smart via a very public forum. It's unprofessional. The questions and comments of the enthusiast community may be irritating, but as a public relations manager, you either ignore the comment or respond courteously. Very sad, indeed...

And okay, the map is for the attractions... Wouldn't you say that the The Beast, or Flight Deck, or Adventure Express is misrepresented by appearing in a field? For a park that has always been so highly thought of for its use of natural landscaping, this is just sort of a surprise. Sure, the map is about the attractions. But I think many of the attractions depend on the natural foliage to operate to the best of their abilities. That's something that this map does not express... So yeah, it's great to know where The Beast is. But does that map even hint at the experience you'll get while riding it?

Again, I'd hardly go to war over it. I'm just sticking up for a valid point. It's just a thought!

Guest PizzaBaby027

Well it is a map, its time for a new style, a new generation I suppose, its time to be apart of the family. LOL. I kinda like the new map, needs more detail, and it will be hard to look at for awhile but I'll adjust.

I like it more for the fact that you can see a lot more. With the amount of detail on the old map, details were a little harder to find. The one thing I don't like is how they got rid of the colored paths that distinguished themed areas.

Agreed. Sometimes it seemed like the colored areas of the map were the only things left to even tell visitors there were themed areas. I think with the exception of X-Base and Coney Mall, all other areas lost their large, logo signs at one point or another (Remember the Paramount Action Zone sign? The Rivertown signs?) If you look at the labeled, download-able Kings Dominion map, you can see that the areas are labeled by little colored boxes, but the labels are jumbled in with the dozens upon dozens of ride names and complex pathways, making it difficult (to say the least) to differentiate them.

At the very least, our park is a lot simpler as far as pathways, with more open plazas and less little alleys, so that makes labeling the areas a little more easy to visualize. And because our park appears a bit smaller, there is much more detail in our than theirs... (Look at Dominion's Backlot Stunt Coaster for example... It might as well be a waterslide).

But I will miss the distinguished themed areas on the map.

I also understand that a "nice" map is not that important in the big picture...but I have always believed in the old "Take care of the small things and the gig things will take care of themselves". Sometimes it's the little things that leave a lasting impression. My nephew who is 6 always grabs a map to look at when we go to a park...and I am sure that it will be part of his memories of visiting the parks when he gets older. (Does his opinion count...or is he considered an enthusiast at age 6?)

The questions and comments of the enthusiast community may be irritating, but as a public relations manager, you either ignore the comment or respond courteously. Very sad, indeed...

Amen. If you don't want to put up with the "idiots" don't take the job.

I like the map, sure it isn't perfect, but the rides ( for the most part) are more accurate than they were on the paramount style map. For those of you complaining about Adventure Express's layout not being right, and you hate the new map etc... Look at Adventure Express on the old map! It's just as badly drawn! Then you have Vortex on the old map where the train is going the WRONG DIRECTION on the tracks!

I like the map, sure it isn't perfect, but the rides ( for the most part) are more accurate than they were on the paramount style map. For those of you complaining about Adventure Express's layout not being right, and you hate the new map etc... Look at Adventure Express on the old map! It's just as badly drawn! Then you have Vortex on the old map where the train is going the WRONG DIRECTION on the tracks!

Or on the new map, where (if you're going by the concept videos), WindSeeker is spinning the wrong way. :)

GYK, who is at least happy that only the water park has a giant fence around it and not the whole park... And is actually thinking he wouldn't mind some three-pronged bushes as opposed to the vast emptiness around and between Flight Deck, Adventure Express, The Beast, Diamondback...

But a map is a map is a map, right......? Now enjoy your leisurely ride through the grasslands on the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad!

I think they ran out of three-pronged bushes. Some prankster must have removed the copy and paste options from the artist's Photoshop program. ;)

Maybe this does mean they'll finally sell souvenir size maps like Cedar Point does? I hope so. I want one. :)

(if anyone can find my three-pronged bushes on the CP map, they win 5,000 internets)

And this is why we are friends. Anyone who does not know KIfan1980 will not know that he is being sarcastic. (or at least I think.. :) )

Yes, I was being a smart alec and poking fun at some of our KIC tendency to overreact. Look carefully at my capitalization and you'll find the hidden message for the day.

Ahhhhh at last... The Snapper is back! haha

I will be curious to see how Wind Seeker and the new Dinosaurs Alive looks on the map. I have always liked Kings Islands maps and I like how Cedar Fair makes the rides look more fun.

Can't wait until the actual park map comes out..

Wouldn't that be amazing if the SCOOTERS were back on the map??? :)

Wishful thinking.....

I don't understand those who are saying this is not the "actual park map..." Am I missing something?

mapua.jpg

P.S.:

(if anyone can find my three-pronged bushes on the CP map, they win 5,000 internets)

Hand 'em over, my friend!

picture1oa.png

LOL they have Eurobungee on the new map instead of Eurobobbles.

And you can't say the map is TOTALLY treeless. There are three little palm trees in Boomerang Bay, and a certain Kite Eating Tree in Planet Snoopy ;)