2011 Plans

So I been thinking about my 2011 options.

There's Kings Island of course.

One I know I want to try for sure is return to Cedar Point. More than likely might join gigacoaster2k on a trip, I can probably use the positive companionship. Me and dad are thinking of a trip later in the season to CP with big Linda, there's a very special family friend living up in the area that became fairly close to my grandpa I'm sure would love to see the car again.

The Camper Village Legend :P

(a picture of Linda I finally found at CP with Maggie in the background)

I'm deciding whether or not my July trip should be SeaWorld again or go out to Las Vegas to see the Mirage dolphin exhibit and get a ride on Manhattan Express. One thing I hate about SW in July is the horrendous humidity, so I may just save it for the winter when I stay with my great aunt. Anyone here been on Manhattan Express? I heard its a bit shaky, either way I'm gonna try it at least once, but could use opinions from others that been on it so I have an idea on what to expect. We driven through Las Vegas before but never actually stayed there.

If I end up going to LV I'll still have my SeaWorld in the winter months :P

my plans are always changing. on april 27th i will be @ screampark for a hauntcon event cool.gif, ki opens on 30th, hw & ib open on may 7th (so im doing hw on 7th & ib on 8th), i "might" be swingin down to sfog this year. i have a handfull of side events that im attending, 3 @ ib & 1 @ hw. maybe do a handfull of visits to ki with numerous to hw & ib. not sure where my haunt talents will take me this year, cause if i dont get to work ki's haunt then i have @ least 3 other options under my belt to chose from. not to mention i also have to save money & make plans for somthin in my neck of the woods for 2013. boy am i gonna be busy this year.

Well aside from my many trips to Kings Island this year, I plan on making another trip down to Holiday World as the park really impressed me last year. I also intend to make another trip to, of course, Cedar Point in the early days of August. Since I now have an automobile that can make the trip without the risk of breaking down I plan on being at KI more this year than ever. Summer 2011 is looking very bright for KIC's Drop Tower Fan!

If gas prices stay around $3.00 to $3.50 per gallon, i.e., as long as they don't continue skyrocketing, it's hopefully going to be a really good summer for me. KI is obviously in the works, and my Holiday World pass has been renewed. If all goes well, I hope to also make it to Cedar Point, Waldameer, Kennywood, Beech Bend, Camden Park, and Conneaut Lake Park. We'll see how well I like sitting in my car (which is notorious for providing the sorest rear ends after three to four hours) for five hours, though.

I will be going to parks. Parks close to home and not so close to home...wherever the former may be....maybe. Is the CR over yet?

Terp, speakin code to those who know and gibberish to those who don't (suspension of offers, sigh...continued generally...Can't we all just get along over there in Foggy Bottom?)

My plans consist of the following:

A very much anticipated first ever trip to Kings Dominion, Carowinds, and Dollywood on April 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

A nearly as much anticipated return to my adopted home park of Worlds of Fun for their Opening Day on April 16th, and my first ride(s) on Prowler

Opening Day at Holiday World on May 7th, and FINALLY getting first ride(s) on the Timberliners

Cedar Point Opening Day on May 14th

CoasterMania at Cedar Point on June 3rd/4th, and my first ever ride on Top Thrill Dragster during Friday night ERT

HoliWood Nights the afternoon/evening of June 4th

GOCCs Mid-Summer Scream in August(?) at Waldameer

GOCC's Fall Affair in September at Holiday World

A trip back to Adventureland in Altoona, Iowa sometime during the Summer.... a park I have not been to since 1997

A first ever visit to SF Great America in Gurnee, IL

NUMEROUS repeat trips throughout the season to Holiday World and Cedar Point, and maybe a few return trips to WoF and Dollywood as time permits

EDIT:Oops, almost forgot at least 2 or 3 trips to Coney

Linda looks good, treat her well, does she have third row seats? Not very many clam shell wagons left in America. Watching the gate open is the coolest. I wouldn't trade my station wagon for any SUV on earth.

Yeah it does, never been used apparently. Grandpa always kept it folded down using that area for his tool boxes. The front and back seats still have their plastic coverings (yes from the time it was still in factory). Back window rolls up and I only just learned the tail gate does come down recently :P

She's in great shape, we pulled her out of the garage the other day and surprise surprise 2 offers to buy her to turn her into a potential derby car >.> lol no thanks.

My plans... let's see here. KI trips about every two weeks like last year, for starters. I'm in the early stages of planning a four- to five-day trip to Cedar Point in mid- to late June, which would be my first time there. Depending on my budget, I might make my first trip to Holiday World; that could be in July or August, or if I can come up with it, I might fork over the money for a coaster club membership and hit Holiwood Nights instead. I may also hit Stricker's Grove on one of their fall dates. That's about it, I think.

Linda looks good, treat her well, does she have third row seats? Not very many clam shell wagons left in America. Watching the gate open is the coolest. I wouldn't trade my station wagon for any SUV on earth.

Yeah it does, never been used apparently. Grandpa always kept it folded down using that area for his tool boxes. The front and back seats still have their plastic coverings (yes from the time it was still in factory). Back window rolls up and I only just learned the tail gate does come down recently :P

She's in great shape, we pulled her out of the garage the other day and surprise surprise 2 offers to buy her to turn her into a potential derby car >.> lol no thanks.

They are very popular with the derby crown, sadly.

They are very popular with the derby crown, sadly.

Yeah I've noticed. Tough derby car that probably sit and yawn with a newer car trying to ram it. Also make a strong tow vehicle to haul derby cars with. This one won't be going to a derby tho, ha to them. XD

Anyone here been on Manhattan Express? I heard its a bit shaky, either way I'm gonna try it at least once, but could use opinions from others that been on it so I have an idea on what to expect.

Everything that you've heard about the roughness and shakiness is true. Once you get past the first drop and top of the second hill do your best and ride as defensively as possible. You may want to see if there are any deals out there because if I recall correctly one ride was north of $10.

I was thinking back to my plans back in 2010 and I got done everything that I wanted to get done except Universal and IOA, Lake Compounce (due to weather) and Lake Winnie. I'd really like to hit those parks this year. The remaining hit list (new parks only) would probably look something like this:

Six Flags Over Texas

Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Sea World San Antonio

The Bay Area parks (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, California's Great America and Gilroy Gardens)

Michigan's Adventure

Darien Lake

Yeah I was already made aware of it not being a free ride. But like give it a shot for the sake of credit :P thank you for the advice! How would the roughness compare to something like Vortex? I've only seen a handful of (not real clear) pictures of its restraints as well its cameo on CSI (which didn't show much of them) is bout all I ever seen of it.

Yeah I was already made aware of it not being a free ride. But like give it a shot for the sake of credit :P thank you for the advice! How would the roughness compare to something like Vortex? I've only seen a handful of (not real clear) pictures of its restraints as well its cameo on CSI (which didn't show much of them) is bout all I ever seen of it.

It's been since 2006 since I rode Manhattan Express (or whatever they're calling it these days), and perhaps it's changed since but this picture should give you a clear idea as to what you're dealing with:

http://www.rcdb.com/139.htm?p=6196

I'd much rather ride Vortex over and over than ever step foot on Manhattan Express again. Do you know how you can anticipate those not-so-nice transition areas on Vortex and brace accordingly? You simply can't do that on Manhattan Express. As I mentioned the first and second drops are no problem, but as soon as you start coming into that loop everything goes downhill. You absolutely need to ride as defensively as possible from that point of the ride forward. There are two things that will prevent you from trying to ride defensively, however...(1) the over-the-shoulder part of the restraint comes very close to your face and (2) that portion of the restraint is quite hard. My advice would be to find a seat in the middle of the train in the first row of a car (should be row 5 if I remember correctly), keep your head relaxed and make sure that you try and keep it centered between the restraints as best you can.