Ohio River Expected to Flood

CoastersRZ

And another casualty of the flood, the Appalachian Festival, scheduled for May 6th, 7th and 8th at Coney Island has now been canceled as well. This was typically the first weekend that the rides were open and served as dry run days for the rides employees. This is the first time in my ten seasons at Coney, that the Appalachian Festival has been canceled due to flooding.

How was a video in today`s paper?

If you mean it was on Cincinnati.com, then yes, I saw that yesterday, as well as about a month ago.

The good news is that the river level forecasts are finally dropping the river below flood stage early Saturday morning before really falling off on Monday. Hopefully Cirque du Soleil can have a successful run with the remainder of their limited run here (They are at Coney through May 15th).

• 3 weeks later...

Yep. And speaking of the flood cleanup, WLWT Channel 5 has a video and a story up on their website right now.

http://www.wlwt.com/entertainment/27954736/detail.html

The person vacuuming the pool out, as well as the person at the very end on the golf cart just happens to be my brother, who is one of the pool managers this year.