Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

Did I miss another post about this?

I checked KI's website today and the lead banner said:

Something big is coming

Your history

Seems to have the "look" of a dinosaur or paleo dig or beginning of man.... hmmmm...

Let the speculation begin!

• Like 1

So... relates to that image from Coney Mall and the footprint in the snow KI teased with? Let the speculation begin.

Just a guess, but it may be something as simple as one of those animatronic dinosaur walk-throughs.

• Like 1

Did I miss another post about this?

I checked KI's website today and the lead banner said:

Something big is coming

Your history

Seems to have the "look" of a dinosaur or paleo dig or beginning of man.... hmmmm...

Let the speculation begin!

I am not seeing anything on the website now?

They seem to have taken it down already... But someone seems to be working on the website right now. The first time I clicked all that came up in the banner area was the picture of Don Helbig looking at the new map with no other banners, I clicked refresh and there was a banner for WindSeeker and the picture of Mr. Helbig looking at the map, clicked refresh again shortly after that and the website was back to normal... Strange...

They seem to have taken it down already... But someone seems to be working on the website right now. The first time I clicked all that came up in the banner area was the picture of Don Helbig looking at the new map with no other banners, I clicked refresh and there was a banner for WindSeeker and the picture of Mr. Helbig looking at the map, clicked refresh again shortly after that and the website was back to normal... Strange...

I experienced the same exact thing as you! Shaggy might have stumbled on to something that was not ready to be seen yet.

EDIT: Now there is a Math and Science Day Banner.

Wonder if the date has any significance? So let me be the first to say last year there was an announcement on March 18th that something BIG wasn't going to be running for the entire 2010 season. This is also a ride some people would like to see "be history."

Wonder if the date has any significance? So let me be the first to say last year there was an announcement on March 18th that something BIG wasn't going to be running for the entire 2010 season. This is also a ride some people would like to see "be history."

And I guess that it has nothing to do with SOB.

Given the following four things:

- A pic on facebook of a "footprint"

- A pic on Facebook of a topgraphy map for the land behind Racer

- A quickly removed teaser on the KI website touting something big with a background featuring mud that evolved into a reptilian skin.

- The recent pic of Don Helbig reviewing the 2011 park map, but obscuring the part of the park in question.

I'd guess it's for a special attraction going in behind Racer. I don't think it's a coaster. I've never known a park to pre-announce a coaster prior to some sort of land clearing/construction beginning. I could be wrong, but typically obvious visual construction is what forces Marketing's announcement.

Shaggy

I've never known a park to pre-announce a coaster prior to some sort of land clearing/construction beginning. I could be wrong, but typically obvious visual construction is what forces Marketing's announcement.

Shaggy

Seaworld San Diego just announced their new coaster before any land clearing began. As far as I know, no work has begun yet on their new project, but I could be wrong.

Should be interesting to see what develops from the "clues" we have seen recently.

I've never known a park to pre-announce a coaster prior to some sort of land clearing/construction beginning. I could be wrong, but typically obvious visual construction is what forces Marketing's announcement.

Shaggy

Seaworld San Diego just announced their new coaster before any land clearing began. As far as I know, no work has begun yet on their new project, but I could be wrong.

Should be interesting to see what develops from the "clues" we have seen recently.

WindSeeker was also announced before land clearing!

Anything will be nice but I think if it was something big, why would they want to announce that before the opening of WindSeeker. I mean it would seem that they would want to promote the new ride right now and if it was big KI usually likes to have a big live audience in attendance. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Shaggy

WindSeeker was also announced before land clearing!

WindSeeker isn't a coaster... ;-)

Anything will be nice but I think if it was something big, why would they want to announce that before the opening of WindSeeker. I mean it would seem that they would want to promote the new ride right now and if it was big KI usually likes to have a big live audience in attendance. I guess we will find out soon enough.

You would think. You've made a very common error though... you've applied logic to a situation where logic was never consulted to begin with:lol:. Kinzel was talkin up the 2011 project before Shoot the Rapids even opened.

They're creating a lot of buzz about this so I think it is something major.

You would think. You've made a very common error though... you've applied logic to a situation where logic was never consulted to begin with:lol:. Kinzel was talkin up the 2011 project before Shoot the Rapids even opened.

They're creating a lot of buzz about this so I think it is something major.

I am a little confused by your post. That "They" are KIC'ers. It is obviously not on the site anymore, so it is possible it may have been in full error by the website guys. Who knows at this point? No one who can say anyway!

Take a step back and really think about this:

What motivation would KI have to promote something, from all appearances, seems to be rather big and new, just for another modification announcement for SoB?

The last thing KI needs is to promote this venture only to get the proverbial egg on their face and tie it in with SoB.

The ride is dead and the park needs to move on. With any luck, the only tie in with SoB this announcement has is it's deconstruction.

Stratosoar is still out there too....

EDIT:

In July, Cedar Fair filed a trademark name application for a new ride called “Stratosoar.”

http://cpguide.drewborg.com/tag/stratosoar/