Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

I have been following the construction of WindSeeker fairly closely and i went through all the pics i could find... There are none that i can locate with those sections (i am still looking) But i was thinking it was the line for WindSeeker (maybe they wanted to avoid the Diamondback line that wrapped around the tower) then the "Teaser" happened and im at a loss!!

Just browsing through this topic I really have no idea what to expect. The idea of it saying turn back the clock on THRILL, and expect something BIG makes me think that this could really be something of epic proportions. I cannot wait to see what happens Friday.

One thing that excites me is that this font/style

img_1-5.jpg

Reminds me of this:

LCS-Entrance-1974.jpg

going back to this idea (reincarnation of wildlife habitat), after "worlds largest" what don says is bleeped out. maybe he's saying "land mammal."

that sure reminds me of elephant hide behind "something big is coming to Kings Island"

In case it helps people let go of King Kobra, Cedar Fair officially canceled the trademark last May. May 29th, to be exact.

Also, no new trademarks have been registered as of today, with "stratasoar", the name of the swing rides before the company pulled out, being the last one registered.

Has anyone noticed that Great Wolf Lodge is no longer listed anywhere on Kings Island's web site? Also, in recent GWL adverts, they have not mentioned Kings Island, even as a reference point?

This may or may not be related to anything in this announcement, but I just found it kind of interesting that it APPEARS that KI and GWL have broken relations.

Guest rcfreak339

Why would they even try to bring Safari back?

If it failed the first time, why would it work the 2nd time?

It was there for along time... I dont see that as failing maybe it was just costing to much at that time,,,, But I do agree about a new thrill ride maybe its something even bigger something that is a combation. I do hope a new zone will be added or a exspaion but yeah only friday will telll!! I mean why not guess at what it is and pass sometime.. So when we are wrong or maybe right we can be like :ohhhh duhh". :P

Why would they even try to bring Safari back?

If it failed the first time, why would it work the 2nd time?

improvements, the first loop on a roller coaster was a failure, but that didn't stop them from trying a second time.

who knows, maybe Cedar Fair has been studying six flags great adventure to see how their safari is so successful and was trying to think of parks they own that could do well with it and thought, oh Kings Island used to have a safari type ride, maybe we could reopen it.

i'm not dead set on any of the ideas right now, like maglados said, "why not guess at what it is and pass some time," and at this time, this is what makes the most sense to me.

Animatronic safari... lol Nah. I mean animatronics arn't really that great... I think people would much rather have real. Unless its a ride or dinosaurs. I'm not saying that idea is bad or anything. It could be a animatronic walk threw in the out doors... Key word I picked up in the teaser video was "out door setting" so yeah.

I don't care what they get, as long as it's a ride. We have enough thrills, don't you guys agree? Diamondback, The Beast, Flight of Fear, Firehawk....are all VERY thrilling rides. If we got a fun, family ride, I'd be OK with that.

^Like you said. I agree with you!