Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

There's that game where you add images together to make words and phrases. So for sure we have a red ribbon tied to a tree + a muddy puddle + a goose + tire tracks = Intamin Aquatrax of course. Nah I've got many thoughts and I've shared a more detailed one previously. So here's a bit more what if's... It is believed that ptc is the reason we no longer have backwards operation on The Racer. There are at least two G trains on property that haven't been used recently and if there is a major refurb on SOB new trains would likely be part of it. So just perhaps turning back the thrill could mean putting the g trains on one side of The Racer and returning it to backwards operation. This would of course only explain the slogan of the teaser. But hey speculation is fun when there isn't long to wait.

There's that game where you add images together to make words and phrases. So for sure we have a red ribbon tied to a tree + a muddy puddle + a goose + tire tracks = Intamin Aquatrax of course. Nah I've got many thoughts and I've shared a more detailed one previously. So here's a bit more what if's... It is believed that ptc is the reason we no longer have backwards operation on The Racer. There are at least two G trains on property that haven't been used recently and if there is a major refurb on SOB new trains would likely be part of it. So just perhaps turning back the thrill could mean putting the g trains on one side of The Racer and returning it to backwards operation. This would of course only explain the slogan of the teaser. But hey speculation is fun when there isn't long to wait.

I did previously post something relating to this...including something about Mr. Helbig talking about "turning back the thrills"...a couple years ago

There is one clue in particular that I think has been swept under the rug is the date, March 18. The exact same date as the announcement that Son of Beast was NOT operating exactly a year ago. Is this just a coincidence? I don't think so.

And as for the shipping container in the north parking lot: what if it is a hint in and of itself? What if Don put the shipping container image on the banner on purpose, knowing that there is a shipping container in the parking lot with, not WindSeeker, but equipment for another ride inside? So many possiblys.

I personally think the big news is either an announcement for a new ride in 2012, or a new movie in Action Theater.

http://www.visitking...k/mud/index.cfm

Have you seen those photos? I'd have to guess it will probably be a new ride.

EDIT: Disregard this post. I didn't take the time to read through every page in the topic.

To me, the website update seems to indicate what I had been suspecting - we are being sent on a wild goose chase.

And no, I don't mean to imply that that might be the theme of a new wild mouse coaster.

116995282.bBYAQibm.jpg

The red paneled background appears to me to be the side of any number of the red shipping containers (as others have mentioned) from our own Backlot Stunt Coaster. Honestly, that would probably be a good thing - the effects don't work, the liscences that made the ride so involved have expired, and the audio is gone. But I just can't see Cedar Fair doing that. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." And of course, the de facto second half of that sentence, "...And just because it don't work don't mean it's broke."

While a re-theme for Backlot would be reasonable, it seems unlikely. And besides, I think those Kings Dominioneers (whose Stunt Track is located in their Congo area) would be much more excited for a re-theme - the fan base there has been asking for a safari re-theme for years.

But then again, it would be pretty unethical to go on a cheetah hunt.

But yeah, I'm calling goose chase on this one. Too many clues that are so unrelated. Maybe when the real attraction is announced, it'll all make sense. I just can't even fathom how we could have so many clues, and yet still be unaware if this ride is indoors, outdoors, a re-theme of an existing ride, a walk-through, an animatronics exhibit, a family roller coaster, dinosaur themed, mud-themed, etc. unless at least some of the clues are nothing more than red herrings.

To me, the website update seems to indicate what I had been suspecting - we are being sent on a wild goose chase.

And no, I don't mean to imply that that might be the theme of a new wild mouse coaster.

116995282.bBYAQibm.jpg

The red paneled background appears to me to be the side of any number of the red shipping containers (as others have mentioned) from our own Backlot Stunt Coaster. Honestly, that would probably be a good thing - the effects don't work, the liscences that made the ride so involved have expired, and the audio is gone. But I just can't see Cedar Fair doing that. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." And of course, the de facto second half of that sentence, "...And just because it don't work don't mean it's broke."

While a re-theme for Backlot would be reasonable, it seems unlikely. And besides, I think those Kings Dominioneers (whose Stunt Track is located in their Congo area) would be much more excited for a re-theme - the fan base there has been asking for a safari re-theme for years.

But then again, it would be pretty unethical to go on a cheetah hunt.

But yeah, I'm calling goose chase on this one. Too many clues that are so unrelated. Maybe when the real attraction is announced, it'll all make sense. I just can't even fathom how we could have so many clues, and yet still be unaware if this ride is indoors, outdoors, a re-theme of an existing ride, a walk-through, an animatronics exhibit, a family roller coaster, dinosaur themed, mud-themed, etc. unless at least some of the clues are nothing more than red herrings.

A wild goose chase makes more sense than anything else I've read.

--Beatle,once again feeling apologetic to the people who are longing for a kiddie attraction

I have an idea.

What is the "Shipping" container is resembling bringing the "Son of Beast" back into the park. As we know, That ride cost them $20M, Its not going to stand there forever, they are going to reopen it, of knock it down Before they make any new big ride.

(My first post on the site)

Welcome to KIC CoasterNerd1996. I am not understanding your post. Can you look at that second sentence and rephrase?

Are you thinking the container has parts to fix SOB?

No I was thinking it was representing Bringing the Son of Beast back into the park because it was been gone for a while.

Sorry if my post was confusing, I guess I should read it more carefully.

Im pretty sure Dinos are involved some how! THe Goose picture, dinos are directly related to birds, gooses are birds correct? That and I was watching Jurrasic Park, and I looked up the font for Jurrasic Park and alot of the letters match up. However, most don't...so I think I just contrdicted my self...Oh well.

Guys, I've been reading through the last couple of pages and it seems like some of you are forgetting about some things.

The first being that Don said that whatever this new attraction is will be set in a "Fantastic outdoor setting". Not to mention the fact that the planning area we see is clearly outdoors and trees are apparently being marked. This, to me, says they're not promoting an Action Theater Revamp.

Also, the above facts also seem to indicate that this has nothing to do with SOB.

And the other thing is the speculation involving dinosaurs. It clearly involves dinosaurs, or at least something from Prehistoria. If you look in the right side of the mud on the homepage banner, you will see the scales that stick up and run down the back and tail of a dinosaur. They're upside down but they're there.

Just my two cents B)

For those thinking this has to do with a SOB rehab..

Why would they need to remove a tree?

I personally feel it has NOTHING to do with SOB.

The tree in general could represent wood (with SOB being a wooden coaster), or the removing of a tree could represent removing a tree to use that wood for a SOB rehab.

Edit:

I think everyone needs to take a closer look at the home page picture rotation.

What are you seeing that I, along with others, are not?

For those thinking this has to do with a SOB rehab..

Why would they need to remove a tree?

I personally feel it has NOTHING to do with SOB.

The tree in general could represent wood (with SOB being a wooden coaster), or the removing of a tree could represent removing a tree to use that wood for a SOB rehab.

Edit:

I think everyone needs to take a closer look at the home page picture rotation.

What are you seeing that I, along with others, are not?

I agree with you first statement.

Ok, I've yet to comment on this Rather Lengthy Subject, But I'm going to throw in my 2 cents..

Although it echos what alot of people have said on here already, Im Going to have to go with a SOB Rehab. My reasoning is as follows....

1. KI Has a $20 Million dollar structure that has been sitting, basically, abandoned and Unused for the better part of 2 years. They've wiped every reference of it off everything. I remember countless times being there last year and people asking me what that huge roller coaster was over by Delirium. Theres alot of people who dont even know what Son of Beast was/is. Which leads me to..

2. This would make it the perfect time to retheme/reimagine/reinvent this sleeping giant for a whole new throng of people to discover..

3. The Texas Giant approach could be applied to this Caster which would make it smooth as silk and more thrilling than it ever was.

4. The Copyrighted name "Stratosaur". which was originally thought to be used for WindSeeker, could be utilized and used in the renaming process for SOB. Stratosaur would be an Awesome name for a Dino themed, super tall wooden roller coaster. Which would go right along with the Teasers and Tidbits of Information on the Website..

...These are just my opinions. But it seems like a Structure the size of Son of Beast sitting Dormant for basically 2 years and all but forgotten (Or so it seems..) by park management would seem like a perfect fit to me. Maybe I'm Way off here, and Im sure Terpy will come on here and Set me straight.. :) But Im just thinking out loud here. The shear fact that KI Management have had NOTHING to say about one of the Largest structures in the World has me convinced...

Andy......Who calls it like he sees it..

Ok, I've yet to comment on this Rather Lengthy Subject, But I'm going to throw in my 2 cents..

Although it echos what alot of people have said on here already, Im Going to have to go with a SOB Rehab. My reasoning is as follows....

1. KI Has a $20 Million dollar structure that has been sitting, basically, abandoned and Unused for the better part of 2 years. They've wiped every reference of it off everything. I remember countless times being there last year and people asking me what that huge roller coaster was over by Delirium. Theres alot of people who dont even know what Son of Beast was/is. Which leads me to..

2. This would make it the perfect time to retheme/reimagine/reinvent this sleeping giant for a whole new throng of people to discover..

3. The Texas Giant approach could be applied to this Caster which would make it smooth as silk and more thrilling than it ever was.

4. The Copyrighted name "Stratosaur". which was originally thought to be used for WindSeeker, could be utilized and used in the renaming process for SOB. Stratosaur would be an Awesome name for a Dino themed, super tall wooden roller coaster. Which would go right along with the Teasers and Tidbits of Information on the Website..

...These are just my opinions. But it seems like a Structure the size of Son of Beast sitting Dormant for basically 2 years and all but forgotten (Or so it seems..) by park management would seem like a perfect fit to me. Maybe I'm Way off here, and Im sure Terpy will come on here and Set me straight.. :) But Im just thinking out loud here. The shear fact that KI Management have had NOTHING to say about one of the Largest structures in the World has me convinced...

Andy......Who calls it like he sees it..

I Completely agree with you. They would not just let a $20M structure sit there and rot.

Benread23, Not only do I agree with your view on SOB rehab. I also agree with previous post about SOB layout being boring, I think that if you see aerial shots of SOB then I could see how they could lengthen the coaster and wrap near the proposed new park area. A longer ride with maybe even a 400* second or third drop existing of a steel dino like skeleton. Not only a wood steel hybrid but a steel portion to include a loop and tight turns then back to the wood portion. Evolution ..... Son of Beast is growing up.