Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

It's times like these where I must ask one simple question:

Where's the Dippin' Dots Guy when you need him?

Found him! ;)

ummmm.... anyone remember the SOB ad the spoofed the blair witch project?!?! running through the woods? this second video is somewhat along those lines........

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.c...bed/RWe7uNsn5nk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is TOO funny! :lol:

The Dippin Dots guy told me we are getting a 600ft wooden flyer that jumps track at 318.11 feet in the air. It hits 250 mph using the longest LIM run ever.

See what i did with the reveal dateph34r.gif

OH WOW!!!! That's going to be Awesome! I can't wait to ride it! How did you find out before Friday?

The Dippin Dots guy told me we are getting a 600ft wooden flyer that jumps track at 318.11 feet in the air. It hits 250 mph using the longest LIM run ever.

OH WOW!!!! That's going to be Awesome! I can't wait to ride it! How did you find out before Friday?

IMAO!!!! he is joking. You cant do that with any coaster, unless you want to kill some people.

IMAO!!!! he is joking. You cant do that with any coaster, unless you want to kill some people.

Wait..... He was joking??? I'm lost now... Kings Island isn't getting a 600ft wooden coaster?

^ Yes. He is joking about the 600' coaster.

But the "wooden flyer that jumps track at 318.11 feet in the air" IS true.

Really? That's crazy! I don't think I will be able to ride a coaster that jumps the track. Will you ride it?

"Turn the clock back on thrill" could as well refer to older types of rides. Such as; a simple wooden coaster, mine train, looping coaster, etc. Or, as everybody else has explained millions of times, it means it will be themed to something from the past.

A Bigger Version Of The Flying Eagles?? Oh, YEAH !!

I got nothing else to do so I will go over the clues.

Scales or reptile skin

Bones

A Map

A shipping container

Trees with ribbons

Mud

a Goose

odd teaser video...

(off topic, but it would be so aweosme if KI had a zip line course in the woods, like Dollywood. It would be a fee for guests, but if you have a gold pass it should be free. )

I'm still trying to figure out what all of this means. I have been thinking hard and have no idea. when some people started talking about a new movie in Action Theater I was getting excited and thinking "FINALLY!!! SOMETHING BESIDES SPONGE BOB!" but now, the clues seem to be trailing away from that. Guess we will all find out in 3 days

I'm sure I'm thinking too much into it, but did anyone notice that the picture of the red trailer is also focused at Diamondback. The way the picture is taken, it is assumed the photographer wanted DB to be in the shot. So I guess another B&M Coaster, maybe a stand up or maybe a coaster like X-Raptor from B&M X-Raptor.

I'm sure I'm thinking too much into it, but did anyone notice that the picture of the red trailer is also focused at Diamondback. The way the picture is taken, it is assumed the photographer wanted DB to be in the shot. So I guess another B&M Coaster, maybe a stand up or maybe a coaster like X-Raptor from B&M X-Raptor.

I think a B&M Dive Coaster would go great in that spot, but they are a little expensive.

Based off the clues, I think its going to be a new area behind Racer. Since guests will be able to get a look at the construction from Racer and WindSeeker, I think this is for 2012. It will probably feature multiple attractions, but they probably won't all open in 2012. Fingers crossed for a coaster in 2012, and then other rides and attractions in the next few years to come.

I think a B&M Dive Coaster would go great in that spot, but they are a little expensive.

And the reason I don't see us getting a Dive Machine is all in the marketing - "New in 2011 - a brand new coaster that's the same height as Diamondback, but not quite as long, and goes the same speed and its 10 degrees steeper." The fact of the matter is, even the largest Dive Machines share nearly identical statistics with Diamondback, and one of the things that sets Dive Machines apart traditionally is the splashdown... Diamondback already has it.

I'd die of happiness if a Dive Machine did come. I'm just saying that the marketing force might not be there.

It's like if Cedar Point had Diamondback and Magnum. Both are incredibly different coasters experientially, but it's hard to market it to the general public without the similarities being all that stand out. At least, that's the way I would see it.

Working in it's favor, Dive Machines really aren't that expensive. Griffon - the largest one on Earth - was $15,000,000. That's about two-thirds the cost of Diamondback. Granted, the ride would appear to use much less steel, but still. I'd definitely say it's worth that cost from a rider standpoint.