Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

I'm sure I'm thinking too much into it, but did anyone notice that the picture of the red trailer is also focused at Diamondback. The way the picture is taken, it is assumed the photographer wanted DB to be in the shot. So I guess another B&M Coaster, maybe a stand up or maybe a coaster like X-Raptor from B&M X-Raptor.

I think a B&M Dive Coaster would go great in that spot, but they are a little expensive.

And the reason I don't see us getting a Dive Machine is all in the marketing - "New in 2011 - a brand new coaster that's the same height as Diamondback, but not quite as long, and goes the same speed and its 10 degrees steeper." The fact of the matter is, even the largest Dive Machines share nearly identical statistics with Diamondback, and one of the things that sets Dive Machines apart traditionally is the splashdown... Diamondback already has it.

I'd die of happiness if a Dive Machine did come. I'm just saying that the marketing force might not be there.

It's like if Cedar Point had Diamondback and Magnum. Both are incredibly different coasters experientially, but it's hard to market it to the general public without the similarities being all that stand out. At least, that's the way I would see it.

Working in it's favor, Dive Machines really aren't that expensive. Griffon - the largest one on Earth - was $15,000,000. That's about two-thirds the cost of Diamondback. Granted, the ride would appear to use much less steel, but still. I'd definitely say it's worth that cost from a rider standpoint.

You have a good point. A Invert or Floorless coaster would work there too.

I'm sure I'm thinking too much into it, but did anyone notice that the picture of the red trailer is also focused at Diamondback. The way the picture is taken, it is assumed the photographer wanted DB to be in the shot. So I guess another B&M Coaster, maybe a stand up or maybe a coaster like X-Raptor from B&M X-Raptor.

I think a B&M Dive Coaster would go great in that spot, but they are a little expensive.

And the reason I don't see us getting a Dive Machine is all in the marketing - "New in 2011 - a brand new coaster that's the same height as Diamondback, but not quite as long, and goes the same speed and its 10 degrees steeper." The fact of the matter is, even the largest Dive Machines share nearly identical statistics with Diamondback, and one of the things that sets Dive Machines apart traditionally is the splashdown... Diamondback already has it.

I'd die of happiness if a Dive Machine did come. I'm just saying that the marketing force might not be there.

It's like if Cedar Point had Diamondback and Magnum. Both are incredibly different coasters experientially, but it's hard to market it to the general public without the similarities being all that stand out. At least, that's the way I would see it.

Working in it's favor, Dive Machines really aren't that expensive. Griffon - the largest one on Earth - was $15,000,000. That's about two-thirds the cost of Diamondback. Granted, the ride would appear to use much less steel, but still. I'd definitely say it's worth that cost from a rider standpoint.

You have a good point. A Invert or Floorless coaster would work there too.

Interesting that you note Griffon, and also comment on the fact that it'd be hard to market a dive machine that would be "similar" to Diamondback... Yet right across the park from Griffon, is Apollo's Chariot.

I hope that we get a ride like king cobra, or intimidator that would make sense. The fact that we have more rides in kiddie land than we do for adults is so overrated. It is great that we have rides for kids, but us adults want something thrilling as well. I love diamond back, and I was a big fan of king cobra, but since the removal of king cobra we haven't had any stand up coasters, and it would be great to see one put in.

I hope that we get a ride like king cobra, or intimidator that would make sense. The fact that we have more rides in kiddie land than we do for adults is so overrated. It is great that we have rides for kids, but us adults want something thrilling as well. I love diamond back, and I was a big fan of king cobra, but since the removal of king cobra we haven't had any stand up coasters, and it would be great to see one put in.

Well, B&M does not make any new stand up coasters. Which stinks because they are really fun.

Well, B&M does not make any new stand up coasters. Which stinks because they are really fun.

I think if they made a stand up coaster just like Diamondback or intimidator that would be even better, that would really get the adrenaline pumping.

I think if they made a stand up coaster just like Diamondback or intimidator that would be even better, that would really get the adrenaline pumping.

Yeah that would be so cool, or a Stand-up Dive coaster would be amazing.

Ouch, that would hurt any male and significantly reduce the number of kids in the region in the future

Ouch, that would hurt any male and significantly reduce the number of kids in the region in the future

Forgot about how much stand-ups Hurt.

Interesting that you note Griffon, and also comment on the fact that it'd be hard to market a dive machine that would be "similar" to Diamondback... Yet right across the park from Griffon, is Apollo's Chariot.

They were built about 10 years apart. Diamondback is not even two years old. It's still being heavily marketed itself.

That aside, Busch Gardens is a destination park in many ways - it caters to out-of-state travelers who come to the beach, or to Washington, D.C., or to Kings Dominion, or historic Williamsburg. Sure there are discounted passes for locals, like the Spring Fun card. But it's no where near Kings Island, where an enormous percentage of visitors come from the local or at least regional area, came last summer, and will likely come next summer. Instead, Busch Gardens caters to a lot of travelers who wouldn't notice the similarities (especially with a 10 year old ride) the way that Kings Island visitors would since they come once, if not more often, per summer and are inundated with the statistics of the "tallest, fastest, meanest ride ever to strike Kings Island."

Just my opinion.

Just saw this on another thread but watch this video very closely from 00:41 to 00:45

Something happening behind The Racer

Hey Thats kinda interesting... What is that crane popping up and down back there? Then again, That looks like its coming up from back by action theater.. Not to the left of Racer like the Magic red line states.. Hmmm...

Just saw this on another thread but watch this video very closely from 00:41 to 00:45

Hey Thats kinda interesting... What is that crane popping up and down back there? Then again, That looks like its coming up from back by action theater.. Not to the left of Racer like the Magic red line states.. Hmmm...

Its one of those trucks for putting in cement foundations.

ummmm.... anyone remember the SOB ad the spoofed the blair witch project?!?! running through the woods? this second video is somewhat along those lines........

Yes, coaster_junky did here: http://www.KICentral...ndpost&p=419098, 103 posts and 7 hours 1 minute before you did.

(off topic, but it would be so aweosme if KI had a zip line course in the woods, like Dollywood. It would be a fee for guests, but if you have a gold pass it should be free. )

Free to gold pass holders? Egad, I would hope not! With the sheer amount of gold pass holders that would be terrible!

Yes it is. Friday will be even more hilarious.

For those readers of KIC that find delight in the disappointment of others, it will be hilarious. Others, in particular those that are pumping themselves up that this will be an inverted stand up B&M hyper dive machine dinosaur-themed Texas Giant reimagining of SoB, will find it not so hilarious.

Personally, the first few posts of disappointment will probably be funny to me, but my enjoyment will quickly devolve into despair upon reading post after post of people complaining that KI did not following through with the posters' outrageous expectations.

Its one of those trucks for putting in cement foundations.

...Which could be pouring a path or pad for the crane to assemble WindSeeker. My suspicion is that they will truck WindSeeker peices around the back road to the area right behind Action Theatre (The theatre sits high above a maintenance road that runs next to it and next to Beast. The crane will likely be placed inside The Racer split and will lift the peices from the access road, past South Racer turnaround and onto the site.

Shaggy

No, review the clip again. I think the concrete being poured is in front of Action Theater not in back. That may be to form que lines. I see the spot between The Racers where they should park the crane and the WS pieces. But if you look at the aerial shots you can see that the que for AT is small so I am sure they are increasing it for re-directing traffic or for WS que.

No! B&M still sell stand up coaster it just no park has bought one in a while.

No! B&M still sell stand up coaster it just no park has bought one in a while.

i believe its due to the lack of capacity, look what happened to Mantis, i believe its the most under rated ride at CP