Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

Those are extremely new pictures, just look a minute ago and wasn't there. Nice find! I wish I knew what the shipping container and yellowish things meant.

EDIT: and yeah, its pretty much a given that its dinosaur related. But I sure hope its something thrilling and not a walk-though..

Ok, I've yet to comment on this Rather Lengthy Subject, But I'm going to throw in my 2 cents..

Although it echos what alot of people have said on here already, Im Going to have to go with a SOB Rehab. My reasoning is as follows....

1. KI Has a $20 Million dollar structure that has been sitting, basically, abandoned and Unused for the better part of 2 years. They've wiped every reference of it off everything. I remember countless times being there last year and people asking me what that huge roller coaster was over by Delirium. Theres alot of people who dont even know what Son of Beast was/is. Which leads me to..

2. This would make it the perfect time to retheme/reimagine/reinvent this sleeping giant for a whole new throng of people to discover..

3. The Texas Giant approach could be applied to this Caster which would make it smooth as silk and more thrilling than it ever was.

4. The Copyrighted name "Stratosaur". which was originally thought to be used for WindSeeker, could be utilized and used in the renaming process for SOB. Stratosaur would be an Awesome name for a Dino themed, super tall wooden roller coaster. Which would go right along with the Teasers and Tidbits of Information on the Website..

...These are just my opinions. But it seems like a Structure the size of Son of Beast sitting Dormant for basically 2 years and all but forgotten (Or so it seems..) by park management would seem like a perfect fit to me. Maybe I'm Way off here, and Im sure Terpy will come on here and Set me straight.. :) But Im just thinking out loud here. The shear fact that KI Management have had NOTHING to say about one of the Largest structures in the World has me convinced...

Andy......Who calls it like he sees it..

I Completely agree with you. They would not just let a $20M structure sit there and rot.

Of course, it cost $20M 11 years ago...what's the capital depreciation schedule on a coaster?

Starting to seem more like a Dinosaur walk though attraction...

Nope, this is definitely something with Son of Beast. :wacko:

You're right. My bad ;)

EVERYONE knows that they are adding dinosaur parts to the front of Son of Beast's trains to make it run smoother. I don't know how it slipped my mind :lol:

Unless they were planning this before hand, just because they don't announce it until it gets closer to the park opening doesn't mean that it's not a big thing, what about Firehawk? that ride was announced in late february and then opened to the public in late may, and top thrill dragster was announced to the public and opened up to the public in the exact same year.

No, review the clip again. I think the concrete being poured is in front of Action Theater not in back. That may be to form que lines. I see the spot between The Racers where they should park the crane and the WS pieces. But if you look at the aerial shots you can see that the que for AT is small so I am sure they are increasing it for re-directing traffic or for WS que.

Just saw this on another thread but watch this video very closely from 00:41 to 00:45

Something happening behind The Racer

Hey Thats kinda interesting... What is that crane popping up and down back there? Then again, That looks like its coming up from back by action theater.. Not to the left of Racer like the Magic red line states.. Hmmm...

Its one of those trucks for putting in cement foundations.

...Which could be pouring a path or pad for the crane to assemble WindSeeker. My suspicion is that they will truck WindSeeker peices around the back road to the area right behind Action Theatre (The theatre sits high above a maintenance road that runs next to it and next to Beast. The crane will likely be placed inside The Racer split and will lift the peices from the access road, past South Racer turnaround and onto the site.

Shaggy

The dinosaur and bones hint seems to be the big push so it seems that we are getting dinosaurs in some capacity. In what form I do not know, Disney Animal kingdom has a children play called Boneyard

0_0_c322fb94fd4cbcf059a3e61068bae89b_1.jpg

It has a lot of slides, rope bridges and other hands on displays

0_0_838d9daa9a526dcc1cffefbd09fcc49e_1.jpg

In one section they have an extremely large dig site for everyone to shift through to unveil remints of dinosaurs

0_0_6bbd875fb8ca224f64a1886c2fdfe91b_1.jpg

So it looks like Kings Island is using an existing path or making a new one and wonder if something like this could be incorporated along the trial. Another possible option would be a new show in Action Theater relating to an adventure with dinosaurs. If it ends up being like this I will be happy to see something like this incorporated in that area for the kids and families to do, especially if some younger ones are waiting for other family members who are out riding the big thrills. I do not think it will be a coaster by any means and I do believe it will happen this year and as a theme park enthusiast I am looking forward to something different. I am excited about an area I have often breezed past during my visits coming alive again with a fresh new look. As a long time visitor to Kings Island I am very anxious to see the new look of Coney Mall almost as much as I am about WindSeeker.

What are the odds that it's something related to king cobra?

Because that are where this "New thing" is going to be is also near the are that King Cobra's trains are at

Something big that turns back the clock, king cobra was big when it came out

the picture of the scale and sharp thing, i think it's focused on something in that picture, maybe a sharp tooth

That eye looks like a snake eye, and snakes have no bones

The resaon why it would be in that area is because king cobra's spot is already taken

Turning back the clock would mean that we would get something like that

That's just my thought , but it would make perfect sense

Because that are where this "New thing" is going to be is also near the are that King Cobra's trains are at

Something big that turns back the clock, king cobra was big when it came out

the picture of the scale and sharp thing, i think it's focused on something in that picture, maybe a sharp tooth

That eye looks like a snake eye, and snakes have no bones

The resaon why it would be in that area is because king cobra's spot is already taken

Turning back the clock would mean that we would get something like that

That's just my thought , but it would make perfect sense

king cobra's trains are no longer at the park and haven't been for quite a while.

If it ends up being like this I will be happy to see something like this incorporated in that area for the kids and families to do, especially if some younger ones are waiting for other family members who are out riding the big thrills.

Avatar, this is my favorite post in this thread. There's been a lot of speculation and it's all been fun, but people need to realize that the park caters to families too and not just enthusiasts. Your sentence right there sums up why some things being discussed may be a great fit if they are in fact true.

As stated earlier in the thread, those trains are long gone.

Edit: ^Thanks CoasterJunky

If it ends up being like this I will be happy to see something like this incorporated in that area for the kids and families to do, especially if some younger ones are waiting for other family members who are out riding the big thrills.

Avatar, this is my favorite post in this thread. There's been a lot of speculation and it's all been fun, but people need to realize that the park caters to families too and not just enthusiasts. Your sentence right there sums up why some things being discussed may be a great fit if they are in fact true.

As stated earlier in the thread, those trains are long gone.

Maybe the trains are gone, but that's just my thought