Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

Well I've been watching this Forum for a while now and decided to post for the first time. I have been as exited as anyone but I believe i have some bad news... I live in columbus and at the ohio fair grounds they are having a large Dinosaur exist. I know this would have nothing to with Kings Island but while trying to find information on that I came across this site

http://www.dinosaurs...om/exhibitions/

notice on the main site for this company that makes permanent and tour exhibits they have a direct quote

“In Cincinnati, Dinosaurs Unearthed exceeded our projections by 70% and ended up as the third highest visited special exhibit we have hosted over the years. Overall the exhibition is quite robust in scope and experience.“

this statement and the pictures makes it seem obvious to me that it will be a Dinosaurs Unearth exhibit.

Just to add to that... a pic from the Dinosaur Unearthed web sight... notice the eye.. look like something you've seen before?

to me this is over.. I'm almost %100 convinced...

Dinos%20035-thumb-500x333.jpg

My gut reaction would be something like this, on a Memorial Day thru Labor Day exhibition...

LINK - Billings Productions

Dinosaurs Discovered At Paramount's Kings Island

Kings Island, OH -- Families are invited to explore Paramount's Kings Island's newest discovery, "Dinosaurs! A Prehistoric Journey" and a Dinamation© experience. The adventure included with park admission began May 20 and operates from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily. Extinction occurs June 18, 2000.

Thirteen dinosaurs lurk near the Nickelodeon Splat City section of the park contained in a 7,000 square-foot area filled with lush vegetation, tents and interactive family activities designed for even the youngest of archeologists.

Explorers venture into the walk-thru attraction and encounter life-size creatures including a Triceratops, a Dilophosaurus that squirts water onto guests and a gigantic 20-foot tall Tyrannosaurs Rex. Hands-on elements include passport stations, where kids collect stamps of their favorite dinosaurs; a Dino-dig, where young visitors discover "fossil remains" of dinosaurs; and a guest-controlled robotic T-rex that moves on command.

"Dinosaurs are a timeless wonder," said Tim V. Fisher vice president and general manager of Paramount's Kings Island. "Every child loves dinosaurs, I'm confident kids will be mesmerized when they see these giant creatures move and roar."

Paramount's Kings Island is now open daily through Sunday, August 21. General admission is $38.99 for guests 7 through 59 and $19.50, or half-price, for children 3 through 6 or under 48 inches tall. Seniors ages 60 and older are also admitted for $19.50. Children 2 and younger are admitted free.

Call (800) 288-0808 or (513) 754-5800 for more information on Paramount's Kings Island.

LINK - Ultimate Roller Coaster

Remember who said it first. :P

I'm wondering if the "trail" will be a "just because" exhibition, or if it would perhaps be part of launching Dino Island in Action Theater? Still some questions to answer, but I'm pretty sure we got this one.

@ Coasternerd You can still go to Kings Island to ride coasters, just don't go through the Dinosaur Walk-Through (if that's what it is, but it is pretty likely). EVERYTHING at Kings Island can't be a 200 foot tall coaster

@ Coasternerd You can still go to Kings Island to ride coasters, just don't go through the Dinosaur Walk-Through (if that's what it is, but it is pretty likely). EVERYTHING at Kings Island can't be a 200 foot tall coaster

You mean Woodstock Express can't be a 200 foot tall coaster when it grows up?

I am not like Really really mad but i go to KI to ride coasters, if i want to go on some walk through, i would go to the museum. It did say, "turn time back on Thrills" or something like that so it hope it will be thrilling.

Wow - it's not even Friday and the complaints have started :rolleyes:

I am not like Really really mad but i go to KI to ride coasters, if i want to go on some walk through, i would go to the museum. It did say, "turn time back on Thrills" or something like that so it hope it will be thrilling.

Wow - it's not even Friday and the complaints have started :rolleyes:

I am not complaining. I am stating my opinion. What ever they do I will be happy with it.

Yes i know, But we have too much low trill things all ready.

Your lack of sentence structure is also less than thrilling.

...and that's why Kings Island is a THEME/AMUSEMENT park, not a THRILL park.

i don't understand how someone can be angry with the park when less than a week ago we didn't even know there was going to be something extra, then they tease something new and some gripe because it isn't the world's tallest and most thrilling *insert attraction here.*

One major thing I think has been overlooked is what this could mean for the park's group sales business. If the new dino themed attraction is relatively educational, schools will have an easier time justifying field trips to KI.

This makes no sense...

What coaster is KI losing at the expense of the *possible* dino walk through?

Just passed ki. There is something big, and kinda reminds me of a horn in front of the shipping container. Also there appears to also be somethimg behind the container too. Btw its completly covered on plastic so its hard to say what it is.

Then the crate, which seems pretty big, and whatever was in there, they've taken it out!

Here is a pic of the shipping container and what was taken out sitting right next to the south park entrance. I have no idea about what will be in the announcement, but if I had to guess - I'd say that the item from the container will be mounted on that nice new concrete pad sometime around Friday.

IMG_0714-1.jpg

This makes no sense...

What coaster is KI losing at the expense of the *possible* dino walk through?

never mind what i wrote.

Yes i know, But we have too much low trill things all ready.

You're lack of sentence structure is also less than thrilling.

Your* ;)

I honestly am torn between almost every option brought up so far, besides SoB. Its just difficult to determine based on what they're giving us. Sure it might be dinosaur themed, but they haven't given any clues to WHAT it actually is. Only two and a half more days to find out. :)

Just passed ki. There is something big, and kinda reminds me of a horn in front of the shipping container. Also there appears to also be somethimg behind the container too. Btw its completly covered on plastic so its hard to say what it is.

Then the crate, which seems pretty big, and whatever was in there, they've taken it out!

Here is a pic of the shipping container and what was taken out sitting right next to the south park entrance. I have no idea about what will be in the announcement, but if I had to guess - I'd say that the item from the container will be mounted on that nice new concrete pad sometime around Friday.

IMG_0714-1.jpg

Time to go take a peak under the cover. lol jk'ing

(picture deleted)

What concrete pad are you referring to??