Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

Just passed ki. There is something big, and kinda reminds me of a horn in front of the shipping container. Also there appears to also be somethimg behind the container too. Btw its completly covered on plastic so its hard to say what it is.

Then the crate, which seems pretty big, and whatever was in there, they've taken it out!

Here is a pic of the shipping container and what was taken out sitting right next to the south park entrance. I have no idea about what will be in the announcement, but if I had to guess - I'd say that the item from the container will be mounted on that nice new concrete pad sometime around Friday.

IMG_0714-1.jpg

Perhaps a motor for WindSeeker? That's the best thing I can think of....

Guest PizzaBaby027

So last time I checked this topic it was on page 18, so I did not read all posts but when they say "Turn Back The Clocks On Thrill" maybe they mean turn back the clock on the idea of what thrill is. Turn back to how it was!! Idk maybe!

I bet Don Helbig is laughing right now at all of us. We think it is something to do with dinosaurs or dragons and it could be totally different.

haha yeah. And don't forget that the sky is pink and the earth is flat.

I bet Friday's announcement is Son of Beast related.

I go to the park primarily as a thrill seeker, and I must say I won't be disappointed at a dino walk-through if that's what this turns out to be. I won't visit it, except perhaps once out of curiosity, but I won't be disappointed. I think anything that brings lots of families with young children to the park helps the park's bottom line without clogging up the lines for the big rides. Good thing.

EDIT to add: Related, some of our best days riding last season were Howl-o-weekend Sundays. Snoopy Land and the Pic-a-nick Grove were packed, and the Diamondback was a walk-on at the end of the day.

I also like to see lots of 35-40 year old single mothers at the park. That's a good thing when you're a 40-year old single father. Call me a cynic, but you never know.

I think expecting an announcement about a new thrill when another thrill will be premiering in six weeks is a bit greedy. Although I would like to hear something about the SBNO-ride-that-shall-not-be-named sometime this year.

Judging by the red outline seen in the diagram (just behind Racer's turnaround), I'd expect the length of this path to be quite impressive. I'm crossing the red outline with Bing aerials now, and that spot looks perfect for this, uhh, purpose.

The Big Announcement as is followed is Don't Forget to Drink Your Ovaltine ! That quote makes just as much sense as many of the posts posted on here as of lately. Come on guys just be happy we are getting WindSeeker and maybe another attraction. I'm looking forward to Friday who's with me ?

The Big Announcement as is followed is Don't Forget to Drink Your Ovaltine ! That quote makes just as much sense as many of the posts posted on here as of lately. Come on guys just be happy we are getting WindSeeker and maybe another attraction. I'm looking forward to Friday who's with me ?

Yeah, We got WindSeeker so anything else would be great.

What concrete pad are you referring to??

IMG_0714-1-1.jpg

You're sure it is new? If it is, obviously something will go there...but how closely will it relate to the announcement on Friday, since that wouldn't be too thrilling or entertaining :P

Ha what if this is just the worlds largest mini golf course themed to dinosaurs?

That wouldn't be too bad. BUT...how much will they charge you to enjoy it? ;)

What concrete pad are you referring to??

IMG_0714-1-1.jpg

You're sure it is new? If it is, obviously something will go there...but how closely will it relate to the announcement on Friday, since that wouldn't be too thrilling or entertaining :P

Ha what if this is just the worlds largest mini golf course themed to dinosaurs?

That wouldn't be too bad. BUT...how much will they charge you to enjoy it? ;)

Knowing KI way to much.

I'm just grateful that we're getting a spruced up/repaved Coney Mall and WindSeeker(which I am so excited/nervous) to ride! Anything else is just bonus for me. I think all of the complainers out there need to go read a book called The American Roller Coaster by Scott Rutherford. Gives you not only beautiful photography of some AMAZING coasters, but really makes you think and puts things into perspective. So many amusement parks were built, had their glory days, and were gone at the drop of a hat. Some were replaced by generic strip malls or even parking lots! And I'm not even talking about 'rinky dink' parks here...take Chicago's Riverview Park....ran strong for 64 years, and some of the best(reportedly) roller coasters around! And one day they just shut their doors, and so many people did not expect it. Basically the point I'm trying to make here is cherish what you have, for it may or may not be gone tomorrow! I feel so incredibly lucky to have KI as my home park, and I try to remember that every time I visit. So who really cares if this 'thing' to be announced on Friday is a B&M invert, a revamp of SOB, a dino walk-through, or the world's biggest ball of twine? Be happy. KI is an amazing park, and we're lucky to have it!

It reminds me the (terrible) movie Congo.

Does anyone remember the paintings the ape made of the single eye in the jungle? I can't find any to refer to....

I watched that again for like the third time on Netflix two days ago! I actually slightly enjoy the movie. Kind of campy, but I find it entertaining! I can't find that eye pic either!

The movie is worth watching just for watching Joel Pantoliano!

If you at the piece of whatever it may be under the plastic it appears to be a Brachiosaurus looking type creature. It appears to ave a long neck, a circular torso and a long whip like tail. I could be wrong and most likely I am but that is what it appears to be.

Ashers says it well. There's 3 parks gone near to me I miss dearly. I would often go to Magic World instead of Silver Dollar City/ Dollywood at the time their rides were more "thrilling." Then there was Ghost Town which was my first time driving somewhere over 20 minutes away, of course I wasn't supposed to. Then of course there was Opryland as our families alternative to going to Six Flags, and I still refuse to knowingly spend money at a Gaylord property. Let's all be thankful for the parks we have left, while I'm thankful to have Dollywood as my home park, I'd be just as thankful if Kings Island were mine. I often wish Thunderhead made a Beast like move into the woods and that Timer Tower was a drop, or not having to pay extra for the waterpark. Is there a Park Appreciation Week? If not there should be.

Back to topic, anything is possible and might be more than one speculator right. (Please I beg all of us enthusiasts to never become oil speculators we'd have the gas up to $10 a gallon.) Dino's do seem possible if we run with that idea, would it be a permanent attraction or one that they rotate through the chain? Or perhaps something like S.S.S.