Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

Post #488 Check it out, it has been mentioned and even teased about.

Edit-- Browntggrr you beat me to it!

I'm happy that something else is coming to the park for the 2011 season....I'm not gonna get my hopes up for something. No need to get mad if the announcement is made and it's something you think is stupid. Be thankful that we even have a park to speculate about.

I'm just grateful that we're getting a spruced up/repaved Coney Mall and WindSeeker(which I am so excited/nervous) to ride! Anything else is just bonus for me. I think all of the complainers out there need to go read a book called The American Roller Coaster by Scott Rutherford. Gives you not only beautiful photography of some AMAZING coasters, but really makes you think and puts things into perspective. So many amusement parks were built, had their glory days, and were gone at the drop of a hat. Some were replaced by generic strip malls or even parking lots! And I'm not even talking about 'rinky dink' parks here...take Chicago's Riverview Park....ran strong for 64 years, and some of the best(reportedly) roller coasters around! And one day they just shut their doors, and so many people did not expect it. Basically the point I'm trying to make here is cherish what you have, for it may or may not be gone tomorrow! I feel so incredibly lucky to have KI as my home park, and I try to remember that every time I visit. So who really cares if this 'thing' to be announced on Friday is a B&M invert, a revamp of SOB, a dino walk-through, or the world's biggest ball of twine? Be happy. KI is an amazing park, and we're lucky to have it!

Best. Post. Of. The. Topic.

The eyes don't match. look real close.

Really? there's so much stupidity in that statement I don't even know where to begin! You would really expect every exhibit to look EXACTLY the same? Every eye to look EXACTLY the same. the fact that we have no way of know what a Dino Eye looked like , fossilized evidence cant illustrate that, that rendering of an eye.. that concept is WAY to close to ignore! I understand you want a coaster or park expansion but face it this is what your getting.

Just passed ki. There is something big, and kinda reminds me of a horn in front of the shipping container. Also there appears to also be somethimg behind the container too. Btw its completly covered on plastic so its hard to say what it is.

Then the crate, which seems pretty big, and whatever was in there, they've taken it out!

Here is a pic of the shipping container and what was taken out sitting right next to the south park entrance. I have no idea about what will be in the announcement, but if I had to guess - I'd say that the item from the container will be mounted on that nice new concrete pad sometime around Friday.

IMG_0714-1.jpg

I was hoping someone would get a picture of that, but as soon as i saw it It only helped confirm it for me.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTWkQ4PXwDo?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTWkQ4PXwDo?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTWkQ4PXwDo?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Before anyone says "That's not the exact same shape, look closely" there are lots of different types of dinosaurs with lots of different sized and shapes, I'm just simply trying to illustrate that the larger dinosaurs can be folded up to fit in a shipping container (yes its a truck in the video, but that doesn't matter, same idea)

I would say you should consider yourselves lucky! sure its not a coaster but its a large themed area something Cedar Fair never dose. but i would consider yourselves even more lucky if that actually keep the theme in top condition. Cedar Fair is notorious for not doing this, look at Disaster Transport for a great example. A coaster that cost 3.5 million to build in 1985 they spent 4 million theaming it in 1990 only to let it deteriorate, now they don't even turn the lights on!

Really? there's so much stupidity in that statement I don't even know where to begin! You would really expect every exhibit to look EXACTLY the same? Every eye to look EXACTLY the same. the fact that we have no way of know what a Dino Eye looked like , fossilized evidence cant illustrate that, that rendering of an eye.. that concept is WAY to close to ignore! I understand you want a coaster or park expansion but face it this is what your getting.

Just passed ki. There is something big, and kinda reminds me of a horn in front of the shipping container. Also there appears to also be somethimg behind the container too. Btw its completly covered on plastic so its hard to say what it is.

Then the crate, which seems pretty big, and whatever was in there, they've taken it out!

Here is a pic of the shipping container and what was taken out sitting right next to the south park entrance. I have no idea about what will be in the announcement, but if I had to guess - I'd say that the item from the container will be mounted on that nice new concrete pad sometime around Friday.

IMG_0714-1.jpg

I was hoping someone would get a picture of that, but as soon as i saw it It only helped confirm it for me.

Before anyone says "That's not the exact same shape, look closely" there are lots of different types of dinosaurs with lots of different sized and shapes, I'm just simply trying to illustrate that the larger dinosaurs can be folded up to fit in a shipping container (yes its a truck in the video, but that doesn't matter, same idea)

I would say you should consider yourselves lucky! sure its not a coaster but its a large themed area something Cedar Fair never dose. but i would consider yourselves even more lucky if that actually keep the theme in top condition. Cedar Fair is notorious for not doing this, look at Disaster Transport for a great example. A coaster that cost 3.5 million to build in 1985 they spent 4 million theaming it in 1990 only to let it deteriorate, now they don't even turn the lights on!

Really? You need to read KIC TOS before making response posts like that. Also welcome to KIC.

Guest PizzaBaby027

I looked at some photos and they show, what I believe is an eye like the one on Diamondback. I feel it is something close to a Jurassic theme. An animal for sure. Coming maybe next year, surely not this year. Something very big, "no bones about it, something big is coming"

I believe it is a rollar coaster, a big one. One of the biggest. Coming for next year!! I really think so, so big to not be a rollar coaster, I think not!!

<_< You know the topic has hit a new low when a guy with a Glee avatar who can't spell "roller," is ignoring various Twitter and Facebook and blog updates by the park themselves saying "Coming this year," and will suggest for what is perhaps the 123rd time in the last few days that the park is getting a huge new roller coaster for 2012, based only on the fact that the eye looks like Diamondback's and because Kings Island has said the word "BIG" a lot.

If people insist on setting their expectations high with practically nothing to support them, then there's going to be a lot of broken hearts come Friday....

I looked at some photos and they show, what I believe is an eye like the one on Diamondback. I feel it is something close to a Jurassic theme. An animal for sure. Coming maybe next year, surely not this year. Something very big, "no bones about it, something big is coming"

I believe it is a rollar coaster, a big one. One of the biggest. Coming for next year!! I really think so, so big to not be a rollar coaster, I think not!!

Can you read the other 56 pages before you start commenting?

I've also been looking at all these clues lately. Have you guys seen them? You should really check them out. Using my powers of thought, deduction, and reason, I have come up with the following conclusion...

A dinosaur may in fact be involved. Don't ask how I came to this conclusion...just putting several clues together, although I am fairly confident this may indeed be true.

Again, you guys really should check out these clues. You can find them on the Kings Island home page.

Guest PizzaBaby027

dry.gif You know the topic has hit a new low when a guy with a Glee avatar who can't spell "roller," is ignoring various Twitter and Facebook and blog updates by the park themselves saying "Coming this year," and will suggest for what is perhaps the 123rd time in the last few days that the park is getting a huge new roller coaster for 2012, based only on the fact that the eye looks like Diamondback's and because Kings Island has said the word "BIG" a lot.

If people insist on setting their expectations high with practically nothing to support them, then there's going to be a lot of broken hearts come Friday....

I put an a not an e, forgive. I made a little mistake, I know that putting that mispelling something by putting an a not an e is such a horrible thing!! Please please I beg of you, will you ever forgive me??

Also Nerdboy, (Coasternerd1996) I don't read all the posts, last time I checked was on page 18. You think I have time to read 900 posts over this silly thing. I don't, I read the ones on the last and current page, then I post. I simply stated what I feel.

Guest PizzaBaby027

Ha, So its been a week or so since we first heard of a new attraction and look at this we have over 850 posts, in a one week period!!

Guest PizzaBaby027

Hello all. I very rarely post, but I for one am excited for whatever we get. I live almost 5 hours away and get to visit the park once a year. I'm not as up on the park as some of the people here but love reading your post.

Well hello. So nice to have you on. I am glad you enjoy reading our posts and am glad you love the park. Thanks for bein on the site!

Hello all. I very rarely post, but I for one am excited for whatever we get. I live almost 5 hours away and get to visit the park once a year. I'm not as up on the park as some of the people here but love reading your post.

Well hello. So nice to have you on. I am glad you enjoy reading our posts and am glad you love the park. Thanks for bein on the site!

Thank you. This site has taught me many things about Kings Island I would have never known. I will be looking forward to Friday.

I never did get to ride sob, was it as good as everyone is ranting about?

EVERYONE is ranting that SoB was good? I think not. While not the worst coaster I've ever ridden, it's definitely not the best either.

Well I've been watching this Forum for a while now and decided to post for the first time. I have been as exited as anyone but I believe i have some bad news... I live in columbus and at the ohio fair grounds they are having a large Dinosaur exist. I know this would have nothing to with Kings Island but while trying to find information on that I came across this site

http://www.dinosaurs...om/exhibitions/

notice on the main site for this company that makes permanent and tour exhibits they have a direct quote

"In Cincinnati, Dinosaurs Unearthed exceeded our projections by 70% and ended up as the third highest visited special exhibit we have hosted over the years. Overall the exhibition is quite robust in scope and experience."

this statement and the pictures makes it seem obvious to me that it will be a Dinosaurs Unearth exhibit.

While most likely dino related, the new attraction may not necessarily be the Dinosaurs Unearthed exhibit. Notice the quote about Cincinnati is in the past tense, as in it already appeared here. Dinosaurs Unearthed is a travelling exhibit, and was at Cincinnati's Museum Center in 2009.

SoB ranks somewhere between the Pinto & lawn darts.

I love lawn darts!!!

I am not like Really really mad but i go to KI to ride coasters, if i want to go on some walk through, i would go to the museum. It did say, "turn time back on Thrills" or something like that so it hope it will be thrilling.

And there are plenty of people who like to enjoy all that parks have to offer. I find it quite nice to spend time at places like Cedar Point's Town Hall Museum, Holiday World's Abe Lincoln & Toy Museum and Disney Hollywood Studios' One Man's Dream.

I go to the park primarily as a thrill seeker, and I must say I won't be disappointed at a dino walk-through if that's what this turns out to be. I won't visit it, except perhaps once out of curiosity, but I won't be disappointed. I think anything that brings lots of families with young children to the park helps the park's bottom line without clogging up the lines for the big rides. Good thing.

I completely agree with you. Thank you for your mature outlook, which is something that a few people posting in this topic could use.

dry.gif You know the topic has hit a new low when a guy with a Glee avatar who can't spell "roller," is ignoring various Twitter and Facebook and blog updates by the park themselves saying "Coming this year," and will suggest for what is perhaps the 123rd time in the last few days that the park is getting a huge new roller coaster for 2012, based only on the fact that the eye looks like Diamondback's and because Kings Island has said the word "BIG" a lot.

Yes, and Drop Tower was built upside down. I know this because a former KI blue ice cream/pizza seller said that his dad said so. That's got to be more reliable than the Dippin' Dots guy, so it must be true. Hopefully they don't build WS upside down too! dry.gif

Guest PizzaBaby027

I never did get to ride sob, was it as good as everyone is ranting about?

EVERYONE is ranting that SoB was good? I think not. While not the worst coaster I've ever ridden, it's definitely not the best either.

Well I've been watching this Forum for a while now and decided to post for the first time. I have been as exited as anyone but I believe i have some bad news... I live in columbus and at the ohio fair grounds they are having a large Dinosaur exist. I know this would have nothing to with Kings Island but while trying to find information on that I came across this site

http://www.dinosaurs...om/exhibitions/

notice on the main site for this company that makes permanent and tour exhibits they have a direct quote

"In Cincinnati, Dinosaurs Unearthed exceeded our projections by 70% and ended up as the third highest visited special exhibit we have hosted over the years. Overall the exhibition is quite robust in scope and experience."

this statement and the pictures makes it seem obvious to me that it will be a Dinosaurs Unearth exhibit.

While most likely dino related, the new attraction may not necessarily be the Dinosaurs Unearthed exhibit. Notice the quote about Cincinnati is in the past tense, as in it already appeared here. Dinosaurs Unearthed is a travelling exhibit, and was at Cincinnati's Museum Center in 2009.

SoB ranks somewhere between the Pinto & lawn darts.

I love lawn darts!!!

I am not like Really really mad but i go to KI to ride coasters, if i want to go on some walk through, i would go to the museum. It did say, "turn time back on Thrills" or something like that so it hope it will be thrilling.

And there are plenty of people who like to enjoy all that parks have to offer. I find it quite nice to spend time at places like Cedar Point's Town Hall Museum, Holiday World's Abe Lincoln & Toy Museum and Disney Hollywood Studios' One Man's Dream.

I go to the park primarily as a thrill seeker, and I must say I won't be disappointed at a dino walk-through if that's what this turns out to be. I won't visit it, except perhaps once out of curiosity, but I won't be disappointed. I think anything that brings lots of families with young children to the park helps the park's bottom line without clogging up the lines for the big rides. Good thing.

I completely agree with you. Thank you for your mature outlook, which is something that a few people posting in this topic could use.

Yes, and Drop Tower was built upside down. I know this because a former KI blue ice cream/pizza seller said that his dad said so. That's got to be more reliable than the Dippin' Dots guy, so it must be true. Hopefully they don't build WS upside down too! dry.gif

Now you listen here, My papa is a master carpenter/construction folk, he has built many things in the park, he built and worked with many things that were built in Action Zone back in the late 90s and early 00s. The second piece of drop zone was put on wrong, upside down. You all are quick to darn people and their words. Y'all think you know so much about everything and when someone says one thing you don't like you condem them and make them look as a fool!!!