Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

Also Nerdboy, (Coasternerd1996) I don't read all the posts, last time I checked was on page 18. You think I have time to read 900 posts over this silly thing. I don't, I read the ones on the last and current page, then I post. I simply stated what I feel.

This would be the reason there are 59(and counting) pages of what are mostly redundant statements with very few new thoughts!

It's obvious KI is going to have a FLINTSTONES attraction.

Also Nerdboy, (Coasternerd1996) I don't read all the posts, last time I checked was on page 18. You think I have time to read 900 posts over this silly thing. I don't, I read the ones on the last and current page, then I post. I simply stated what I feel.

This would be the reason there are 59(and counting) pages of what are mostly redundant statements with very few new thoughts!

It's obvious KI is going to have a FLINTSTONES attraction.

Yabba Dabba Doo!!! :)

Aha!!! I think I may have a logical answer for whats coming. Looking at the "red line" on the teaser pics. I could most certainly see the safari coming back. And that red line you ask? well maybe that is the outline for the train in the safari???

I'm just grateful that we're getting a spruced up/repaved Coney Mall and WindSeeker(which I am so excited/nervous) to ride! Anything else is just bonus for me. I think all of the complainers out there need to go read a book called The American Roller Coaster by Scott Rutherford. Gives you not only beautiful photography of some AMAZING coasters, but really makes you think and puts things into perspective. So many amusement parks were built, had their glory days, and were gone at the drop of a hat. Some were replaced by generic strip malls or even parking lots! And I'm not even talking about 'rinky dink' parks here...take Chicago's Riverview Park....ran strong for 64 years, and some of the best(reportedly) roller coasters around! And one day they just shut their doors, and so many people did not expect it. Basically the point I'm trying to make here is cherish what you have, for it may or may not be gone tomorrow! I feel so incredibly lucky to have KI as my home park, and I try to remember that every time I visit. So who really cares if this 'thing' to be announced on Friday is a B&M invert, a revamp of SOB, a dino walk-through, or the world's biggest ball of twine? Be happy. KI is an amazing park, and we're lucky to have it!

Best. Post. Of. The. Topic.

Teehee, thanks! ;) I just think sometimes people out there are so focused on getting something NEW that they don't take time to appreciate what's already there. Seems like KI was trying to give us a bit of fun in the off season, giving us all these clues. When they simply could have made a new banner and announced it without letting us speculate first.

That pic somebody posted of the dino in the parking lot is awesome! The only stipulation I have if they make this some sort of walk-through is if they allow me to sing/hum Jurassic Park music the whole way through. Might keep the crowd to a minimum anyway. ;)

Oh and for those of you who keep replying without reading ALL of the posts first, please don't. It basically just clogs up the boards with useless crap. It IS possible to go back and read everything that's already in the topic, trust me. I came in about a gazillion pages in on the rumor coaster 09 thread and sat and read the ENTIRE thing before I decided to throw my 2 cents in. If you're not going to read everything, just don't reply. It'll save time for those of us trying to read the valid points. :)

EDIT: Woops it seems my brother kjkjkj was logged in on his computer still. This post is supposed to come from Ashers!

My oldest son knows a lot about dinosaurs and will be very excited. He knows all the different types of dinosaurs. I believe it will be the animal safari with dinosaurs. I am happy no matter what we get because it will help the parks popularity and help them bring more people in so they can make more money to build more rides and attractions.

You know, everyone here could have saved themselves a ton of stress and speculation if they had just read posts #1 and #3 in this thread.

Not saying told you so... buuuut... LOL!

ALWAYS TRUST SHAGGY ;-) Hee Hee

I can see that cabin fever has gripped many a cranky poster... The tone of some has become a bit dreary; but I know that the local weather forecast for tomorrow might bring much-needed cheer. It will (hopefully) make us all go out, take a deep breath of the expected 70° air, start feeling that 'spring fever' in anticipation of the coming season, and, I dunno, be nice!

So go out and smell the barbecue that's bound to be in the air, listen to your favorite "Kings Islandish" music, and come back refreshed. :)

It would be kickass if this whole thing was either:

A. "Safari Land" - Bringing back the classic safari but with the world's longest safari train (guessing that the red line is a train outline)?

or

B. Don is being a funny man & is just quite possibly throwing us completely off, due to a much bigger project for the next season?

A. "Safari Land" - Bringing back the classic safari but with the world's longest safari train (guessing that the red line is a train outline)?

or

B. Don is being a funny man & is just quite possibly throwing us completely off, due to a much bigger project for the next season?

You're totally right. I bet that this gigantic tyrannosaurus rex and dinosaur-themed marketing campaign has been nothing more than an attempt to distract us what might be coming next year...

Don may be a funny man, but he doesn't get to spend copious amounts of money on large robotic reptiles just to throw off the enthusiast community. Hahha.

(Not aiming this at you, Firehawkboy) As Shaggy said in post number 3, it really probably is as simple as a dinosaur walkthrough. Those who have hyped themselves up to thinking this is a brand new B&M coaster, or a Son of Beast re-do really have no one to blame but themselves, and need to start coming to terms with the fact that this is in addition to WindSeeker and not the other way around - as such, would you expect this dinosaur project (whatever it is) to pass WindSeeker in terms of scale? It comes across as a last-minute, fun, family-aimed addition, and maybe that's all that it is. Maybe there is no ulterior motive or attempt to blindside us with the "real" project.

Let's be happy with it, whatever it is!

Guest PizzaBaby027

Yes I agree with Goodyellowkorn182, I believe that it will be a big attraction. Most likely a roller coaster, themed to Jurassic type of story. Very big!! As we see now it is big, but its getting bigger!

The new pix shows a big ol dinosour! Looks like it will stay their for a bit! 0

or

You're totally right. I bet that this gigantic tyrannosaurus rex and dinosaur-themed marketing campaign has been nothing more than an attempt to distract us what might be coming next year...

Don may be a funny man, but he doesn't get to spend copious amounts of money on large robotic reptiles just to throw off the enthusiast community. Hahha.

(Not aiming this at you, Firehawkboy) As Shaggy said in post number 3, it really probably is as simple as a dinosaur walkthrough. Those who have hyped themselves up to thinking this is a brand new B&M coaster, or a Son of Beast re-do really have no one to blame but themselves, and need to start coming to terms with the fact that this is in addition to WindSeeker and not the other way around - as such, would you expect this dinosaur project (whatever it is) to pass WindSeeker in terms of scale? It comes across as a last-minute, fun, family-aimed addition, and maybe that's all that it is. Maybe there is no ulterior motive or attempt to blindside us with the "real" project.

You're right. I apologize. He'd never pull ANY stunt like that to absolutely throw us off. You must know Don Helibig more than I do. I just wont give my thoughts out anymore.

or

This might be like the first "phase" to a new area. They build this path thing then they build a coaster next year to go with it.