Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

I wonder why they would assemble it in the parking lot, before moving it back to the "trail" in the woods next to The Racer turnaround? Also, why would they be assembling it now, if they don't even have the trees cut yet...

maybe the t rex will chop down the trees for them hahahahahaha

I must admit I am really looking forward to experiencing this Dinosaur attraction with my family. We enjoy slowing down on the thrill to enjoy family activities such as waiting for the fireworks by the Royal Fountains and the Starlight Spectacular last year. This will be a very welcomed addition for this family.

I'll just echo what I said earlier. It's one thing to get a thrilling ride like WindSeeker in one year. It looks terrifying to me, but I cant wait (even though my ride will be up in Sandusky after most of you give it a whirl).

This year, you are getting WS, a complete overhaul of the coney-island walkway (the brick pavers), AND this Dinosaur-walk-trough-trail type display.

That's pretty darn exciting for one park for one year. And next year is the anniversary year. Sounds like the gifts are coming early. :)

The main reason I don't think this is a museum exhibit type thing is that, would they really pave a brand new path and clear so many trees for something temporary?

Who says they are clearing a lot of trees? Who says a path is actually being paved?

http://www.dinosaursunearthed.com/wp-content/gallery/outdoor/img_5740.jpg

Isn't the dinosaur from the storage container the exact same as this one? Look at the Trex in the pictures at the bottom of the page.

From every detail I've focused on, I think they appear the same. I can't really find any differences.

I would be kind of mad if it is a dinosaur walk - through. They hyped this way to much for it to be that. I am actually considering a phycoaster to that of Alton Towers.

Why would you be mad? Up until last week, you had no idea something was coming. Were you mad you were only getting WS? If not, don't be mad if it is a dinosaurs walkthrough.

I guess we will never know! I just think this is way to over - hyped to NOT be a roller coaster.

The job of a PR manager and marketing is to hype new things....no matter what they are! If it's a new attraction, they hype it. Why? To get more people to come :)

I wonder why they would assemble it in the parking lot, before moving it back to the "trail" in the woods next to The Racer turnaround? Also, why would they be assembling it now, if they don't even have the trees cut yet...

Maybe the trees are already cut....And, as others have said, it might be staying in the parking lot.

Who says that T-Rex is going behind Racer. It is now mounted on the new concrete pad at the South entrance. Will likely be there all year is my guess as advertising.

Are you sure it is in fact mounted on that concrete pad?

If you guys will also look at the picture on the Teaser page it appears that there is room for the head to move, is this dinosaur going to be animatronic possibly?

That's kinda what I was thinking. Did anyone go to Dinosaurs unearthed when it was at the museum center, or somewhere else? If so, how was it?

Yes - you can believe me, or watch the video.

I believe you. And I just hadn't watched the video yet...did after I posted

I'll just echo what I said earlier. It's one thing to get a thrilling ride like WindSeeker in one year. It looks terrifying to me, but I cant wait (even though my ride will be up in Sandusky after most of you give it a whirl).

I am glad someone else sees it for what it is.

After all the complaints (some legitimate, others- a joke) about how CF is running the park, significant changes are being made.

Perhaps not what people want, or with the speed they want- but the changes that are being made improve the park as a whole.

From Facebook:

Fans of KiEntertainmentWe're still awaiting the BIG announcement from Kings Island this Friday . . . some new pictures are posted on http://www.visitkingsisland.com/ that seem interesting... we don't want to be prehistoric..ur umm, I mean, premmature in our speculation so we will wait for Friday to find out what's up!

I cannot wait until processing begins and I get to see what the park looks like from outside the gates, kind of a lead up to opening day. I like how they put up the dinosaur prop in time for processing days to begin.

I'm just grateful that we're getting a spruced up/repaved Coney Mall and WindSeeker(which I am so excited/nervous) to ride! Anything else is just bonus for me. I think all of the complainers out there need to go read a book called The American Roller Coaster by Scott Rutherford. Gives you not only beautiful photography of some AMAZING coasters, but really makes you think and puts things into perspective. So many amusement parks were built, had their glory days, and were gone at the drop of a hat. Some were replaced by generic strip malls or even parking lots! And I'm not even talking about 'rinky dink' parks here...take Chicago's Riverview Park....ran strong for 64 years, and some of the best(reportedly) roller coasters around! And one day they just shut their doors, and so many people did not expect it. Basically the point I'm trying to make here is cherish what you have, for it may or may not be gone tomorrow! I feel so incredibly lucky to have KI as my home park, and I try to remember that every time I visit. So who really cares if this 'thing' to be announced on Friday is a B&M invert, a revamp of SOB, a dino walk-through, or the world's biggest ball of twine? Be happy. KI is an amazing park, and we're lucky to have it!

could not have said it any better myself....I felt so sad when I found out Astroworld closed. I hope that this never happens to KI or at least not be around when the time does come

This year, you are getting WS, a complete overhaul of the coney-island walkway (the brick pavers), AND this Dinosaur-walk-trough-trail type display.

That's pretty darn exciting for one park for one year. And next year is the anniversary year. Sounds like the gifts are coming early. :)

Dude, stop thinking you know that for sure. You keep thinking that you are right. You may be you may not.

From the Journal News article: "The attraction will be the "biggest of its kind in the world" and be open for the start of the 2011 season, according to KI spokesman Don Helbig."

If it is a walkthrough (which I now think it will be), it'll have to be a long path.