Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

Any word on the gravy buffet?

For immediate realese:

American Coaster Enthusiasts recognizes Something big announced 3-18-11 as an ACE Landmark, a designation reserved for attractions of historical significance.

Officially announced on March 18th. 2011 as the world’s tallest, longest, and fastest thread, the KI Central department began planning the new thread on March 9th, 2011, led by resident comedian Don Helbig and assisted by KIC members, famed poster The Interpreter (age unknown) acted as consultant, providing the engineering formulas for design. The extensive project was constructed under the direction of Kings Island Marketing department, while engineer Shaggy assisted with the support structure of the thread.

Built in the middle of a long off-season, with only Don's hints visible from the park, Something big announced 3-18-11 features speculation ranging from an SoB re-design to a 600 ft. jumping coaster. The thread that has traveled along a world record of 1000+ posts of nonsense has seen: numerous flaming- mostly of the noobs, and a handful of bad jokes offered by Browntggrr. This thread has seen as many ups and downs as seen in the early days of TTD, or the entire lifespan of SoB.

Millions of readers have braved this unique, 30+ pages of useless crap, making it one of the most notable attractions in the history of KIC. Something big announced 3-18-11 remains an integral part of KIC's impressive threads relating to Kings Island.

Presented by the American Coaster Enthusiasts

During the off-season

March 2011

I'm still not convinced that this is a walk-thru attraction. The layout seems weird for a path, or even a ride for that matter, and it seems REALLY long. That would definitely be longer than Trail of Terror, and ToT isn't exactly short!

I agree, honestly. If that's a path and someone gets halfway through before deciding that they're done, then they've got QUITE a ways to go before they get a break, much less get to the other side of the park.

My guess is that that outline is the border of a to-be-built expansion, the dinosaur ride being phase 1. Again, it may even be a dinosaur area (no where near the scale or scope of Jurassic Park at Islands) just with this first attraction opening now, and maybe some other rides in the future. Because yes - the layout is incredible strange for a path or a ride. It looks like more of an inclusive border.

179816_1625463602511_1414140270_31383367_2652374_n.jpg

My first thought is that the light pink overlay represents the physical area, whereas the darker red is more of the layout, with two large plazas encircling a family coaster or perhaps a body of water in the hole in the center. Just a thought.

For immediate realese:

American Coaster Enthusiasts recognizes Something big announced 3-18-11 as an ACE Landmark, a designation reserved for attractions of historical significance.

Officially announced on March 18th. 2011 as the world's tallest, longest, and fastest thread, the KI Central department began planning the new thread on March 9th, 2011, led by resident comedian Don Helbig and assisted by KIC members, famed poster The Interpreter (age unknown) acted as consultant, providing the engineering formulas for design. The extensive project was constructed under the direction of Kings Island Marketing department, while engineer Shaggy assisted with the support structure of the thread.

Built in the middle of a long off-season, with only Don's hints visible from the park, Something big announced 3-18-11 features speculation ranging from an SoB re-design to a 600 ft. jumping coaster. The thread that has traveled along a world record of 1000+ posts of nonsense has seen: numerous flaming- mostly of the noobs, and a handful of bad jokes offered by Browntggrr. This thread has seen as many ups and downs as seen in the early days of TTD, or the entire lifespan of SoB.

Millions of readers have braved this unique, 30+ pages of useless crap, making it one of the most notable attractions in the history of KIC. Something big announced 3-18-11 remains an integral part of KIC's impressive threads relating to Kings Island.

Presented by the American Coaster Enthusiasts

During the off-season

March 2011

Post of the year! Kudos to you, on the press release. That was good for a nice laugh!

If it is in fact a Dinosaurs Unearthed exhibit (or a Dinosaurs Alive exhibit, as they call their outdoor installations), then let's hope it has half as much attention to detail as some of these photos from the official site indicate!

img_5796.jpg

calgary5.jpg

czoo2009-001_450.jpg

calgary4.jpg

Something like that would truly look incredible back in that area (and the lake that is apparent in a few of those pictures would also explain the body of water I alluded to having in my post above - perhaps that outline is not a path, but an outline of walking plazas, with a lake in the center.

Either way, that would be a really great addition.

I just hope that Kings Island could keep up the care on the dinosaur skins, which would become very faded and worn after even four or five months of Ohio weather... But the good news is, it looks as if they exhibits produced by this company are not run-of-the-mill, static-motion zoo installations. They are permanent, and well-done. Judging by the skin on these dinosaurs compared to the skin on ours (notice especially the winkles running horizontally between the front and hind limbs, which seems pretty much identical to the skin on ours), we may have found a match...

mud_11.jpg

P.S. Do those footprints in the final picture look familiar....? I haven't got a copy of our snowy clue close by or else we could check just how well they match...

just a thought but in the second teaser video, why is he looking up at something in a giant arch? if it was the trex then he would've looked at it from top to bottom and his eyes never went down toward the ground until he ran off. either way he could've been imaging another dino statue or something that has a giant HILL in it. just a thought :)

Whatever it is, I'm happy to get it. One more attraction means less people clogging up lines to other rides. Think positive! Besides, if it is a dino walk-through, I think it will be neat. When I was in Jr. High, we traveled to Ashland Mall to check out a dino exhibit. I was fascinated by everything presented to us. Replicas, fossils, dino-poo. We had a passport that was stamped for each exhibit. 20 years later *cough*, I still have the passport. Things of that nature aren't for everyone, but I do enjoy a nice stroll now and then. Yes, I loves me some coasters...but sometimes it is nice to just people watch and chill. Leisure time in a park is just as therapeutic for me as riding. I'm in my favorite place, doing awesome things and escaping reality for a few hours.

just a thought but in the second teaser video, why is he looking up at something in a giant arch? if it was the trex then he would've looked at it from top to bottom and his eyes never went down toward the ground until he ran off. either way he could've been imaging another dino statue or something that has a giant HILL in it. just a thought :)

Because he wasn't really looking at anything. It was a fake video. There was nothing there. It was just a joke that the marketing director made as a fun piece of viral marketing. And my God, if that post doesn't make him laugh at just out insanely out there we as a community are, I don't know what could...

At this point, the claim is that the way in which his eyes travel during a spoof video is a subliminal hint.

IT'S DINOSAURS, PEOPLE. We don't know what kind of ride / attraction / show / experience it will be, but it's happening in the woods behind The Racer east of X-Base. It is not Son of Beast. It is not a new roller coaster. It is not a 400 foot roller coaster. The most obvious answer is that it is a dinosaur walk-through exhibit, which would be awesome, and a great, great addition to the park's lineup of attractions. Maybe it really is as simple as it sounds! Maybe it's just a fun, family-friendly attraction that you can walk through at your own leisure. And would that be so bad?!

I'm surprised the idea of the Dino Island movie (or a motion simulator film involving dinosaurs in general) went extinct so quickly. I can see the entrance and exit of Action Theater become a two-part walkthrough with whatever film is playing as the centerpiece of this gigantic attraction.

I don't think this will be a permanent exhibit. My guess is that it won't be here for 2012.

I am actually more excited about this now then I was an hour ago. As to the upkeep, it looks like this is a package that would have the company dealing with it not KI.

179816_1625463602511_1414140270_31383367_2652374_n.jpg

Another thing to consider: if I end up being correct in thinking that the pink represents the border of a new area and not a winding individual path, then the entrance to Action Theater could easily be changed to come in from the north (the new dino area) instead of the south (Coney Mall) and just that quickly, Dino Island would fit in perfectly, becoming a second attraction for this new area after the dinosaur walk-through. Plus, one of the images I posted above shows some of the dinosaurs with a jeep in the center (very Jurassic Park). Just that easily, the vehicles I mentioned that used to be in the Dino Island queue at Geauga Lake could be scattered about, giving this new "land" a concrete and thorough story about the Dino Institute, or whatever the agency in the film / with their logo on the vehicles was called.

And let us not forget, Action Theater is still not back on the Kings Island website, despite it having been said that it will be open this year. What would be the reason to remove it at all unless the film was being changed, and why would the film be changed to anything except Dino Island if the dinosaur theme is coming?

And thanks for posting the footprint! As I had hoped, they are pretty much identical! The three-toes with the pointed ends... Very distinct. I think that this is looking good so far.

I'm still not convinced that this is a walk-thru attraction. The layout seems weird for a path, or even a ride for that matter, and it seems REALLY long. That would definitely be longer than Trail of Terror, and ToT isn't exactly short!

I couldn't agree more. It would be MUCH longer than Trail of Terror. And those people walking through the woods would not be spending nickles.....

Edit: IF those lines represent the actual path..........

I couldn't agree more. It would be MUCH longer than Trail of Terror. And those people walking through the woods would not be spending nickles.....

Edit: IF those lines represent the actual path..........

They could be spending money.

A trail that long can have many drink vendors....

And the Port-a-Johns could be a pay-per-ride....

For immediate realese:

American Coaster Enthusiasts recognizes Something big announced 3-18-11 as an ACE Landmark, a designation reserved for attractions of historical significance...

March 2011

I'm so proud, that in such a small way, that I could be part of such an epic post.

Just a thought, Maybe you won't walk through it, maybe drive through it?

http://gouldmanufacturing.com/jeep.htm

They are out of Canada, and that would make the goose clue make sense.

That would actually be really cool, and would offset some of the loss of the 'Tiques. I actually really like this idea.

The ideas offered up recently are much more easy to read, and dream about!

I for one would love to see the new AT movie, and the entrance to AT changed some, and then have this big ride through in the jeep. That would make for one amazing area!

Very true! Our antiques are gone, after all...

And then there's this... ;)

mud_17.jpg

Okay, that's a joke... I hardly think that they would drive any potential new jeeps back there. But I do see the legitimacy of that idea! Very much so. I'm still thinking walk-through area, but good point.

I guess the thing I'd ask is, how successful are visitor-driven rides when there are actually things to look at? Like, for example, giant dinosaurs? What if the child driving becomes frightened, or wants to come to a complete stop halfway through to view the moving, roaring T-Rex? Sure they're fine when you're driving peacefully through a meadow, around lamp posts, and over a covered bridge. I just haven't seen it used as a conveyance system through a ride filled with distractors... I can't say if it would work or not, just throwing that thought out there.

That would actually be really cool, and would offset some of the loss of the 'Tiques. I actually really like this idea.

Using the 'Tiques would be great.

I just don't see the justification in the cost of cement/ blacktop & land clearing involved for an "exhibit".

Now if there are long term plans for this area, using the 'Tiques, it's possible.

http://mason-deerfieldtownship.fox19.com/news/news/kings-island-announce-major-new-attraction-2011-friday/66385

Kings Island officials continue to tease their BIG announcement. A statement on Wednesday reads, "Kings Island Amusement Park will continue to change the landscape for park visitors in 2011 when it announces a major new attraction for 2011 on Friday, March 18 at 2:00 p.m. at the park (6300 Kings Island Drive, Kings Island, OH 45034).The new attraction will be the largest in the world of its kind when it opens this spring." Staff at Kings Island sent out a tweet on Monday that read, " Something big is coming to Kings Island! Details 3-18-11."

We'll stay tuned for Friday's BIG announcement.

I must say, I feel very special having my ideas referenced on Screamscape this evening.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

The old Spongebob film playing in there is quite old and tired, and there have been a few odd hints thrown around on Facebook making some start to previously question if a Dino themed ride could be added to the Action Theater. (Another follow-up to Dino Island / Return to Dino Island perhaps?)

Maybe by "Facebook," he meant "Kings Island Central." Happy to help, if that be the case! :P

GYK, who does not have a Facebook and posted no such ideas there... perhaps someone else did!

http://mason-deerfie...11-friday/66385

Kings Island officials continue to tease their BIG announcement. A statement on Wednesday reads, "Kings Island Amusement Park will continue to change the landscape for park visitors in 2011 when it announces a major new attraction for 2011 on Friday, March 18 at 2:00 p.m. at the park (6300 Kings Island Drive, Kings Island, OH 45034).The new attraction will be the largest in the world of its kind when it opens this spring." Staff at Kings Island sent out a tweet on Monday that read, " Something big is coming to Kings Island! Details 3-18-11."

We'll stay tuned for Friday's BIG announcement.

Obviously not describing WindSeeker as three others are being installed at other Cedar Fair parks, unless ours suddenly grew a couple more feet without our knowing. So they apparently aren't kidding around by saying this is a big attraction if it's supposedly "the largest in the world of its kind".

If it is in fact a Dinosaurs Unearthed exhibit (or a Dinosaurs Alive exhibit, as they call their outdoor installations), then let's hope it has half as much attention to detail as some of these photos from the official site indicate!

img_5796.jpg

calgary5.jpg

czoo2009-001_450.jpg

calgary4.jpg

Something like that would truly look incredible back in that area (and the lake that is apparent in a few of those pictures would also explain the body of water I alluded to having in my post above - perhaps that outline is not a path, but an outline of walking plazas, with a lake in the center.

Either way, that would be a really great addition.

I just hope that Kings Island could keep up the care on the dinosaur skins, which would become very faded and worn after even four or five months of Ohio weather... But the good news is, it looks as if they exhibits produced by this company are not run-of-the-mill, static-motion zoo installations. They are permanent, and well-done. Judging by the skin on these dinosaurs compared to the skin on ours (notice especially the winkles running horizontally between the front and hind limbs, which seems pretty much identical to the skin on ours), we may have found a match...

mud_11.jpg

P.S. Do those footprints in the final picture look familiar....? I haven't got a copy of our snowy clue close by or else we could check just how well they match...