Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

I think that the marketing standpoint on this sees WindSeeker as a "thrill" ride marketing to teens, and (again, pending announcement) this dinosaur thing as a family attraction that everyone can do together. I'm not sure if that's really the way things will be in practice, though. Both seem family-friendly to me. And that's a good thing.

As long as everyone in the family is 52" or over, then yes, you could consider WS to be family friendly. But for those of us with kids that aren't (GatorGirl should be over 46" but under 48" this year), then WS is not family friendly. So a dino attraction will probably be a good thing for us since the kiddies can't ride WS.

From the Dayton Daily News article:

The new attraction at Kings Island that will be unveiled Friday is an animated dinosaur walk.

And how exactly do they know this with 100% certainty? What is their source? They don't refer to any park official in this article that says that's what it is. 2:00 tomorrow cannot come fast enough to kill the speculation in this topic.

If it is a walk, I am very disappointed. If I wanted to do something like that I would go to one of the many exhibits that travel around the region. Or even the creation, or natural history museum. I'm not saying put in a coaster, but make it some sort of ride, not a nature trail with some dinosaurs. By the tempature of the responses on Facebook, most people have had negative posts about being a walk of some sort. They want a ride. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So you would prefer that they don't add anything at all, remember just a little over a week ago when we didn't know anything was coming? And now they're adding something else and you are disappointed?

If this does in fact turn out to be a dino walk-through (all but confirmed now), I'm very interested to see how it turns out. If done right, this could be a very nice place to escape from the action and take a break.

If it is a walk, I am very disappointed. If I wanted to do something like that I would go to one of the many exhibits that travel around the region. Or even the creation, or natural history museum. I'm not saying put in a coaster, but make it some sort of ride, not a nature trail with some dinosaurs. The last thing I want to do at KI is to walk even more than I have too. By the tempature of the responses on Facebook, most people have had negative posts about being a walk of some sort. They want a ride. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I don't even read people's comments under KI's Facebook posts anymore. Most of them are just plain ignorant.

You don't have to walk any more than you do already at KI. You don't have to go through this dino walk-through (if that's what it is). As has been said before about other things, you're just one less person in line in front of me for it. YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

Any addition to KI is just fine with me (as long as they don't take something else out in the process *cough*Flying Eagles*cough*).

EDIT: Dang it, Smurfy beat me again! That's twice in one day! :lol:

I think it is very smart for the park, not only are the adding a thrill ride, they are also adding an attraction that can be enjoyed by families. Doing such will provide entertainment for anyone in your family, not just the thrill seekers! Keeping a broad market, it's a good business practice. I'm sure it will be spiced up in some way, we'll just have to wait for the official announcement....

So you would prefer that they don't add anything at all, remember just a little over a week ago when we didn't know anything was coming? And now they're adding something else and you are disappointed?

If this does in fact turn out to be a dino walk-through (all but confirmed now), I'm very interested to see how it turns out. If done right, this could be a very nice place to escape from the action and take a break.

I would be fine if they didn't add anything, save the land for future use of something better, such as a coaster or an expansion of X-base. Or more flats.

Local 12 is also reporting on the new attraction.

http://www.local12.c...ucYaKdfz1A.cspx

I have seen several news articles now that have the following quote as a description for WS in their article.

The 301-foot spinning ride will pull riders into the air and twirl them around.

Is "twirl them around" the best description they could come up with for WS? This sounds more like a carnival ride. As a writer of the story I would think "Spinning riders at 30 mph, at a 45 degrees angle" would be more exciting and appropriate to get people excited about your story. dry.gif

I think that the marketing standpoint on this sees WindSeeker as a "thrill" ride marketing to teens, and (again, pending announcement) this dinosaur thing as a family attraction that everyone can do together. I'm not sure if that's really the way things will be in practice, though. Both seem family-friendly to me. And that's a good thing.

As long as everyone in the family is 52" or over, then yes, you could consider WS to be family friendly. But for those of us with kids that aren't (GatorGirl should be over 46" but under 48" this year), then WS is not family friendly. So a dino attraction will probably be a good thing for us since the kiddies can't ride WS.

From the Dayton Daily News article:

The new attraction at Kings Island that will be unveiled Friday is an animated dinosaur walk.

And how exactly do they know this with 100% certainty? What is their source? They don't refer to any park official in this article that says that's what it is. 2:00 tomorrow cannot come fast enough to kill the speculation in this topic.

Thats odd, when WindSeeker was announced they said 48'' for the hight requirement.

I would be fine if they didn't add anything, save the land for future use of something better, such as a coaster or an expansion of X-base.

So you haven't even set foot in the park not alone the Dino walk through but you have already decided that either a coaster or a flat would be better. I would suggest giving it a chance before passing judgement. I suppose you can tell if a coaster is great or sucks from a POV too.

This seems like a response to my Facebook post last night.

My post was not directed at anyone in particular, and I can say with certainty that I went to FB right after I posted it - so before I read your status :)

I didn't think it necessarily was, I just thought it was funny reading your post after what I said on FB last night! We're okay, KIFan! ;)

Thats odd, when WindSeeker was announced they said 48'' for the hight requirement.

Yes they did, but that changed over the past couple of months.

My link check out this article about Son of Beast

Already being discussed here: http://www.KICentral...=0

sorry i did not know, regarding the attraction being announced tomorrow. I have to agree, whatever it may be weather it be a roller coaster or walk thru attraction I will be satisfied. I have noticed there are a lot of elderly and handicapped people that cannot ride rides and a walk through attraction would be perfect for them to go to and enjoy. Plus toddlers and babies who can't ride rides it is a great idea.

This is looking more and more like a walk thru. Hopefully it will look as good as some of the pics people have posted lately. Not that this won't be "thrilling", especially for kids, I just wonder if there is more to it than a walk thru. Not necessarily a ride vehicle, but a year round haunt attraction. It could be done in a creepy atmosphere where you have to "survive" from being eaten. This is just a random thought. If i was a betting man, I would say its just a walk thru.

This is looking more and more like a walk thru. Hopefully it will look as good as some of the pics people have posted lately. Not that this won't be "thrilling", especially for kids, I just wonder if there is more to it than a walk thru. Not necessarily a ride vehicle, but a year round haunt attraction. It could be done in a creepy atmosphere where you have to "survive" from being eaten. This is just a random thought. If i was a betting man, I would say its just a walk thru.

Look around, pre announcement made and yes a dino walk thru.

FYI, does anyone know if the Action Theater is in use for this year and if so what is showing?

Look around, pre announcement made and yes a dino walk thru.

FYI, does anyone know if the Action Theater is in use for this year and if so what is showing?

I don't know but a Dino movie would be better than the walk!

This is looking more and more like a walk thru. Hopefully it will look as good as some of the pics people have posted lately. Not that this won't be "thrilling", especially for kids, I just wonder if there is more to it than a walk thru. Not necessarily a ride vehicle, but a year round haunt attraction. It could be done in a creepy atmosphere where you have to "survive" from being eaten. This is just a

random thought. If i was a betting man, I would say its just a walk thru.

Good thing you weren't a betting man last week huh?

Hmm...those news articles people are posting have me intrigued. I'm just wondering how they got the info that this IS in fact a dinosaur walk-through when the announcement hasn't even been made yet. Also, I'm wondering where they get the fact that this is "the biggest attraction of its kind". I wonder if they got that from listening to the teaser video? Because if so, all he says is the 'world's largest' something something bleep bleep. He may not even be referencing the new attraction at all, since it's all out of context. He could be talking about the t-rex in the parking lot for all we know! The only other thing I can think of is he might have conducted an interview for the press already that we don't know about and if so this post isn't even valid! I just can't wait til tomorrow! :)

I think this sounds like it is going to be a neat thing for the park. I always enjoyed walking through Tower Gardens before it became a smoking area. I still enjoy walking up the exit to Whitewater Canyon and people watching (OK, shooting the water cannons at them) back by the overlook. All the people that are disappointed because it's not a coaster should really take a step back and think about what they are saying. A week ago, we knew nothing about this. Don put on a good show this past week with the teaser videos and pictures. It's a shame that he doesn't do things like that more often with behind the scenes pictures and the like to help pass the off season.

I would say that this new dino walk-through means that they will indeed change the movie at the Action Theater to the Dino themed film. Perfect tie in, kids love dinosaurs, thrill seekers will be happy with WindSeeker, something new for everyone this year. :)