Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

I think a Mod might as well lock this thing. it's going nowhere and there will be an announcement tomorrow. We might-as-well just wait. This thread IMO is over. THE SAME things have been stated over and over again. The last time an actual relative good point was made...well I can't remember when....

Oh please don't! How will Don ever get his entertainment?

*cough*Facebook*cough* :rolleyes:

Seriously, tomorrow, I'm gonna fix me a bag of popcorn, sit in front of the comp, and watch as everyone on there start whining and complaining about the lack of a new coaster magically appearing this Spring. Reminds me of last year's epic drama, "Peanuts Are Irrelevant To Today's Youth".

I think a Mod might as well lock this thing. it's going nowhere and there will be an announcement tomorrow. We might-as-well just wait. This thread IMO is over. THE SAME things have been stated over and over again. The last time an actual relative good point was made...well I can't remember when....

Why does it matter if the thread stays open or not?

If you don't want to read it, don't open it.

Greg Nichols, with the city of Mason’s engineering department, said the amusement park submitted a drawing of a giant T-Rex they want to post outside the park. Plans for the walk itself have not yet been filed, he said.

From: http://www.pulsejournal.com/news/local-news/new-attraction-at-kings-island-is-animated-dinosaur-walk-1109715.html

I think the above quote is interesting. Plans for the walk itself have not yet been filed....so maybe it's not a walk...maybe it's something else. Maybe the plans for whatever it is are confidential until tomorrow at 2 pm. The news story to me sounded a lot like speculation. So in my mind, maybe the park has filed other type of plans than a walk and the story is speculating what it could be since Greg Nichols said that the walk plans have not been filed.

I love how people think because they read it in the "meida" its fact lol. I think it will be some sort of Dinosaurs Unearthed Exhibit as I posted earlier, but defiantly not because it was posted in some online news article. Those are probably written by someone who just glanced through this threat another like it or facebook comments if they some how got leaked info they would now more details.

Stop to think things through for yourself guys. Those articles could very easily be wrong and it COULD be something we are not expecting. I find it hard to believe its going to be like any other dino exibit out there. I'm expecting SOMETHING thats going to make this stand out and be unique.

--- on a side note.... I cant remember the name of it. but the hope of a new dino show at action theater reminds me of something at Disney. You entered a movie theater with rows of bench seating to watch a movie about Dinos. A few minutes into this previously unseen guardrails covered the ends of the benches and you realized you were sitting in an automated ride vehicle that took you through an opening wall. you than experienced a safari like ride through a dino infested jungle and barley escape a T-rex attack Very cool water and light effects and totally unexpected for me. something like that would have been great!

I love how people think because they read it in the "meida" its fact lol. I think it will be some sort of Dinosaurs Unearthed Exhibit as I posted earlier, but defiantly not because it was posted in some online news article. Those are probably written by someone who just glanced through this threat another like it or facebook comments if they some how got leaked info they would now more details.

Stop to think things through for yourself guys. Those articles could very easily be wrong and it COULD be something we are not expecting. I find it hard to believe its going to be like any other dino exibit out there. I'm expecting SOMETHING thats going to make this stand out and be unique.

--- on a side note.... I cant remember the name of it. but the hope of a new dino show at action theater reminds me of something at Disney. You entered a movie theater with rows of bench seating to watch a movie about Dinos. A few minutes into this previously unseen guardrails covered the ends of the benches and you realized you were sitting in an automated ride vehicle that took you through an opening wall. you than experienced a safari like ride through a dino infested jungle and barley escape a T-rex attack Very cool water and light effects and totally unexpected for me. something like that would have been great!

1. if your talking about my post, i was there as Don was talking to the media... hence why I was on said broadcast. kthanx.

2. its coming this year, said from the park, therefore, 99% sure not really gonna be a ride...

3. side note, you're talking about Dinosaur the ride. where you sit in a jeep 4 ppl wide, which is a separate track and car, more along the lines of the haunted castle than action theater...

dinosaur.jpg

So please don't get all up in here being all "preachy" about the same "non-facts" your complaining about. kthanx.

side note i need to quit these rants hahaha

Guest TombraiderTy

KevinL332 was talking about Ellen's Energy Adventure, not Dinosaur. EEA starts as a movie-type attraction before the whole theater "transforms" into a ride vehicle and begins to slowly move forwards.

I'm sorry I find it VERY VERY hard to believe Don or anyone from Kings Island would talk to the media about this other than saying the official announcement is coming March 18th. so I still stand by what I said unless you have proof of it coming from Don's mouth and I'm sure I'm not the only one! I can say I was there when Obama said were invading new found Aliens on Venus and I believe it to be about as true as your statement!

as far as Ellen's Energy Adventure that looks like what i was talking about. Ellen had nothing to do with it at the time this would have been early mid 90's but looks like the same concept and so many things have been changed since than

I love how people think because they read it in the "meida" its fact lol.

I'm sorry I find it VERY VERY hard to believe Don or anyone from Kings Island would talk to the media about this other than saying the official announcement is coming March 18th.

So you won't believe the media, and you won't believe what another poster states.

Exactly what does it take for you to believe something?

Not everything has to have a spin on it, as occasionally, it is exactly how it looks.

This might have already been mentioned, but I really don't feel like looking back with all these fire wars going on.....

Apparently news stations have been saying its an animated dino walkthrough. Is this just a rumor, or are they actually confirming it....

If so, Don Helbig really isn't that good at what he does as we thought.

He has done a great job of teasing us- just look at this thread and how it's grown since 3/9 in relation to when the "footprint" was released as well as when the "map" was released.

Even after the puzzle pieces have been put together, some still insist it is not what it seems.

Creating this type of intrest & specualtion for an exhibit that other venues have had is a job well done.