Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

So you people think the media may be wrong and this isn't a dinosaur walk through?

No. For the most part, it would appear that this community expects that it will be a dinosaur walk through. What we are questioning is if the media has verified it with the park, or if their "reference" is a fan site not unlike this one.

Most of us are in agreement about what this is. Granted, we don't know the scale - we don't know how many figures, or how much area is being added to the park, or if it might also involve landscaping and water features, or what company is behind it, or if it will overtake Action Theater (though many here have speculated on the answer to those).

And in fact, the only thing that the media has reported is exactly what we've speculated on here... Searching "Kings Island New 2011 dinosaurs" on Google would likely bring you to this very thread. If a reporter misinterpreted our general community consensus for an official announcement, it's easy to see how that would be published very matter-of-fact-ly.

So the question here is: do these newspapers know because it truly was made official by a park representative? or are they simply reiterating what we have said and misconstruing it as fact?

Sigh... I believe Media if they have a reputable source, none of the articles do, these non cited articles can be posted by almost anyone, there about as accurate as reading Wikipedia. If Don made a statement on the what the new attraction is he wouldn't just walk out and say "its a dinosaur walk-through" and walk away. When the announcement is made tomorrow details will be given if its a walk-thorough they will say who build the Dinosaurs, how long the trail is how many different types of dinosaurs they will be in the exhibit how many scenes bla bla bla bla... and this will all be posted in detail on Kings Islands web sight and facebook till than we wont know for sure... Period.

Edit- goodyellowkorn182 Thank you! you got your post out before I did.

Edited by KevinL332

So you people think the media may be wrong and this isn't a dinosaur walk through?

No. For the most part, it would appear that this community expects that it will be a dinosaur walk through. What we are questioning is if the media has verified it with the park, or if their "reference" is a fan site not unlike this one.

Most of us are in agreement about what this is. Granted, we don't know the scale - we don't know how many figures, or how much area is being added to the park, or if it might also involve landscaping and water features, or what company is behind it, or if it will overtake Action Theater (though many here have speculated on the answer to those).

And in fact, the only thing that the media has reported is exactly what we've speculated on here... Searching "Kings Island New 2011 dinosaurs" on Google would likely bring you to this very thread. If a reporter misinterpreted our general community consensus for an official announcement, it's easy to see how that would be published very matter-of-fact-ly.

So the question here is: do these newspapers know because it truly was made official by a park representative? or are they simply reiterating what we have said and misconstruing it as fact?

Well, then I guess we will know for sure tomorrow!

Guest TombraiderTy

This post will probably be disregarded by all the members who are still determined that the new addition is anything but a walking path, but...

The Dinosaurs Unearthed company featured an exhibit at Calgary Zoo in Canada some time ago. Here's a picture of part of its set-up, found on flickr:

5477620492_72e375ab12_o.jpg

And, here's a picture (courtesy Kings Island) of our own t-rex recently being set-up:

mud_11.jpg

Anybody denying that they are identical (perhaps not the exact same figures, but definitely the same design) is only fooling themselves.

And, from the flickr comments on the first picture...

This guy was animatronic... The Calgary Zoo also has some permanent models, made of fiberglass

This post will probably be disregarded by all the members who are still determined that the new addition is anything but a walking path, but...

The Dinosaurs Unearthed company featured an exhibit at Calgary Zoo in Canada some time ago. Here's a picture of part of its set-up, found on flickr:

And, here's a picture (courtesy Kings Island) of our own t-rex recently being set-up:

mud_11.jpg

Anybody denying that they are identical (perhaps not the exact same figures, but definitely the same design) is only fooling themselves.

This guy was animatronic... The Calgary Zoo also has some permanent models, made of fiberglass

What....you expect people to believe that it may be a dino walkthrough of some sort just becuase the two pictures are almost exactly identical? What on earth on you thinking? :rolleyes:

Great post Ty!!!!

Granted there is no concrete evidence that this is going to be a walkthrough/dino exhibit however it is very hard to support anything else at this point. Guess we just have to go into patience mode and see what the park has to say come tomorrow around 2:00.

mud_11.jpg

I've seen a lot of pictures like this and fully agree. one difference I see is that the skin Calgary photo is obviously a softer skin (Look at where the ropes cross the chest) that would be used for a traveling exhibit. Seeing none of that in the Kings Island photo and looking at where leg meets the body I would say this it a harder skin, Fiberglass or other, so that seems suggest that this will be permanent as i figured.

The Dinosaurs Unearthed company featured an exhibit at Calgary Zoo in Canada some time ago. [...] Anybody denying that they are identical (perhaps not the exact same figures, but definitely the same design) is only fooling themselves.

:blink:

DUDE. They ARE exactly the same. Well, that pretty much puts the last nail in the coffin on what this could possibly be and who is designing said attraction.

EDIT: We may have to wait until after Opening Day to go through it though:

Helbig said the new attraction will open in the Spring. It may not be open when the park opens for the season April 30th.

Now I'm mad. I wanted to check it out Opening Day. I hate waiting.

Edited by RingMaster

I've seen a lot of pictures like this and fully agree. one difference I see is that the skin Calgary photo is obviously a softer skin (Look at where the ropes cross the chest) that would be used for a traveling exhibit. Seeing none of that in the Kings Island photo and looking at where leg meets the body I would say this it a harder skin, Fiberglass or other, so that seems suggest that this will be permanent as i figured.

i think you need to take a second look at the two pictures, the mount by the tail seems in the same position, with the "skin" reacting the same way in both photos, but the mount on the upper torso is in two different spots in the two pictures. the underarm mount (not at ki picture) is holding the weight in a more awkward position than the Kings Island mount, causing the "skin" to buckle.

Like ty said. maybe its something else. I think its possible that it could be record breaking eurofighter or something designed by Maure Sohne company.

When did Ty say THAT?

Terp, whose head hurts

Sarcasm is an art form that takes years to master. Coasterkid still has a little ways to go. :P

^^Oh...my....gosh....it is a clue! THE NEW RIDE IS GOING TO BE CALLED 1-2-3!

:o

Or figuring out what all the dinosaur stuff is about is as easy as: 1....2...3

:)

But I do agree with this:

I just wondering if they will be announcing something else along with the dinosaur walkthrough, like a new movie for the action theater.

WS verticle construction is supposed to start tomorrow.

Announcing the probable dino walk through with big cranes moving the new 2011 ride in the background creates good video.