Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

Guest TombraiderTy

kind of i was talking about the 1-3-2 i bet they have a dino that size 132ft

And Kings Island has released 14 pictures with 1,275,126 pixels each, so this must mean that there will be fourteen dinosaurs and the pathway will be 1,275,126 feet long. Plus there are five scrolling screens on the home page, so that definitely means the attraction will open in May, since it's the fifth month. And the font choice for the teaser looks like the font used on Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal, which opened in 1974 and closed in 2000, which has a difference of 26, meaning that the attraction will cost $26 per person. And this is the park's 40th year, so the whole thing probably cost the park $40million.

END SARCASM

Son of Beast214, you're reading way too far into things. They simply fixed the order of the videos.

Guest TombraiderTy

yep

Not to be a mod, but...

Terms of Service

One-word responses - One-word responses are unacceptable for anything with the exception of the forum games. This is simply because it's unusual for a one-word response to actually have any merit or thought put into it.

The lurker emerges from his hiatus...

I'm somewhat surprised it's not something a bit more (please note, I said "surprised," and not "disappointed" or "mad"). Given what the park has done to promote it, I would have expected a bigger attraction (not size-wise obviously, as this will employ quite a plot). That's not to say the park has been jumping up and down pleading for attention, but they've most assuredly been elbowing the community and prodding us to speculate. Heh, it's almost passive-aggressive marketing, so to speak. I'm not faulting the park for it, as it's obviously their prerogative to handle their additions as they see fit, but I think it's a bit misleading to say that the park isn't hyping this much. Replacing every one of their primary home page banners to hint at this implies they find this to be a bigger deal than, say, promoting season passes or admission deals (which every other CF park does with their first banner, save CW and Dorney). It seems to be a bigger deal than WindSeeker as well. Which is fine; they clearly think this isn't "just a dino trail" and will entice people through the turnstiles. I don't have any problems with their thinking, as I'm quite positive they've done more research on it than I have. I was simply surprised. I know my six-year-old brother was too when I showed him the t-rex. He's ready to go!

All of this said, of course, under the assumption that a dinosaur walk-through is the attraction to be announced. And if this...eh...evolves...into a more complete area in the following years, well...that'd be swell.

And I am absolutely ebullient that it's got nothing to do with SOB :)

I have a feeling for most of us that tomorrow is going to go really slow since we are all excited and waiting for the press release....I for one will be happy no matter what it is. although I never did think about them putting a price onto the attraction. I hope they dont. although either way, I will go through it at least once even if they do charge for it

I'm sorry I find it VERY VERY hard to believe Don or anyone from Kings Island would talk to the media about this other than saying the official announcement is coming March 18th. so I still stand by what I said unless you have proof of it coming from Don's mouth and I'm sure I'm not the only one! I can say I was there when Obama said were invading new found Aliens on Venus and I believe it to be about as true as your statement!

as far as Ellen's Energy Adventure that looks like what i was talking about. Ellen had nothing to do with it at the time this would have been early mid 90's but looks like the same concept and so many things have been changed since than

holy freakin crap batman! Do you want me to post the picture I have of Don standing right outside my car talking to the guy from the enquirer with a recorder in his hand in front of the dinosaur?! When you get a little older kid check into some pr/marketing/journalism classes. Any good PR person gives little breadcrumbs to create speculation. its called creating a "buzz", which personally, looking at this thread alone, they've done a darned good job of! I know you're new here and all so let me clue you into a few things. Se those little stats on the right over there <<< that shows the date joined, and the amount of posts and what not. normally (not all the time) the ones that have been around the block tend to know a thing or 2. not to mention I think I can safely say that half of the active posters/"old foagies" have worked for the park/amusement park industry at one point in time, and quite a few of those have learned how this crap works. Pull your head out of your butt and be willing to at least LISTEN to what other people have to say. That is how you will learn. That is how you will make friends. Throwing out stupid asinine comments that you think everyone should take as holier than thou truth, just makes you look stupid and people will never listen to what you have to say... ever.... (i'm apologizing for this ahead of time) but just as beast 1979. He used to just be "some kid" around here, until he took the time to listen to others and have a legit thought out debate with people. not just through their stuff out there, and make every one take it.

Honestly the whole dino walk through thing has come about because EVERYONE listened to EVERYONE ELSE and people started taking bits and pieces of what EVERYONE was saying to come up with what WE ALL thought was the most natural outcome. no one has said "yess 100% this is what it will be" its all speculation....

*/end rant*

He's gotta hear it from the Don himself, which will still be supplied by the media, because chances are most of us won't be at the official announcement.

But then, if Don's on TV, how do we know that he's not computer animated, or an animatronic like the dinosaurs? :blink:

LOL i <3 you

Not sure if this exact article has been published yet. Yes, I've been reading this whole topic, but it is hard to keep straight which articles I found where. (If that made any sense at all)

WCPO featuring KIC's own Stalkerchick http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/entertainment/new-kings-island-exhibit-to-feature-dinosaur

wooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! dam shoulda given them my forum name huh >.< hahaha i was looking for the video (which shows Don by his car after talking to said media when I was there) as it brought out a lot of the same points. It won't be ready for opening day, but will be ready in the spring.

and this goes back to KevinL, the media most of the times does have a heads up from the park itself. Perfect example, when Urgent Scare was first introduced. a week before they had their media night to announce it, they sent a bag of "blood" along with the reporters "medical records" to the stations. Google it, I'm sure the videos are still out there. They knew before even the mods here knew! and guess what... more speculation, more buzz, more thinking and talking back and forth, and it was pretty much agreed that it was most likely some sort of doctor/hospital/medical theme. and tada... guess what it was....

Oh and Kyle I did love that! And for the noobs who don't know... hi. I'm rachel *waves* the one in the article if anyone wants to question more credentials... :P

I'm sorry I find it VERY VERY hard to believe Don or anyone from Kings Island would talk to the media about this other than saying the official announcement is coming March 18th. so I still stand by what I said unless you have proof of it coming from Don's mouth and I'm sure I'm not the only one! I can say I was there when Obama said were invading new found Aliens on Venus and I believe it to be about as true as your statement!

as far as Ellen's Energy Adventure that looks like what i was talking about. Ellen had nothing to do with it at the time this would have been early mid 90's but looks like the same concept and so many things have been changed since than

holy freakin crap batman! Do you want me to post the picture I have of Don standing right outside my car talking to the guy from the enquirer with a recorder in his hand in front of the dinosaur?! When you get a little older kid check into some pr/marketing/journalism classes. Any good PR person gives little breadcrumbs to create speculation. its called creating a "buzz", which personally, looking at this thread alone, they've done a darned good job of! I know you're new here and all so let me clue you into a few things. Se those little stats on the right over there <<< that shows the date joined, and the amount of posts and what not. normally (not all the time) the ones that have been around the block tend to know a thing or 2. not to mention I think I can safely say that half of the active posters/"old foagies" have worked for the park/amusement park industry at one point in time, and quite a few of those have learned how this crap works. Pull your head out of your butt and be willing to at least LISTEN to what other people have to say. That is how you will learn. That is how you will make friends. Throwing out stupid asinine comments that you think everyone should take as holier than thou truth, just makes you look stupid and people will never listen to what you have to say... ever.... (i'm apologizing for this ahead of time) but just as beast 1979. He used to just be "some kid" around here, until he took the time to listen to others and have a legit thought out debate with people. not just through their stuff out there, and make every one take it.

Honestly the whole dino walk through thing has come about because EVERYONE listened to EVERYONE ELSE and people started taking bits and pieces of what EVERYONE was saying to come up with what WE ALL thought was the most natural outcome. no one has said "yess 100% this is what it will be" its all speculation....

*/end rant*

He's gotta hear it from the Don himself, which will still be supplied by the media, because chances are most of us won't be at the official announcement.

But then, if Don's on TV, how do we know that he's not computer animated, or an animatronic like the dinosaurs? :blink:

LOL i <3 you

Not sure if this exact article has been published yet. Yes, I've been reading this whole topic, but it is hard to keep straight which articles I found where. (If that made any sense at all)

WCPO featuring KIC's own Stalkerchick http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/entertainment/new-kings-island-exhibit-to-feature-dinosaur

wooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! dam shoulda given them my forum name huh >.< hahaha i was looking for the video (which shows Don by his car after talking to said media when I was there) as it brought out a lot of the same points. It won't be ready for opening day, but will be ready in the spring.

and this goes back to KevinL, the media most of the times does have a heads up from the park itself. Perfect example, when Urgent Scare was first introduced. a week before they had their media night to announce it, they sent a bag of "blood" along with the reporters "medical records" to the stations. Google it, I'm sure the videos are still out there. They knew before even the mods here knew! and guess what... more speculation, more buzz, more thinking and talking back and forth, and it was pretty much agreed that it was most likely some sort of doctor/hospital/medical theme. and tada... guess what it was....

Oh and Kyle I did love that! And for the noobs who don't know... hi. I'm rachel *waves* the one in the article if anyone wants to question more credentials... :P

Oh Rachey Rach! How I've missed those rants of yours! But seriously, you do bring up some valid points. And I do believe Jackson aka Beast1979 did try to give some advice earlier in this thread on how to behave because he's been there done that, but I don't think anybody listened to him! I think that's awesome that you got to be there for that, though! At least tomorrow at 2pm it will all be announced so random n00bs can stop chiming in 900 posts in saying COULD THIS BE SOB?!?!!111///////

I for one think the park has done a GREAT job generating buzz, speculation, etc etc. And I really hope they keep it up when it comes to future announcements for anything! Hmm....could you imagine if they threw these types of hints out even if they were just building a new restroom...lol! Oh the teaser pics would be phenomenal!

Is it April yet? ;)

Do you want me to post the picture I have of Don standing right outside my car talking to the guy from the enquirer with a recorder in his hand in front of the dinosaur?

hi. I'm rachel *waves* the one in the article if anyone wants to question more credentials... :P

Picture - actually yes, not because I doubt you, but think it would be a good picture!

Also, beware of Stalker/Rachel - she gets cranky and hits hard :D

Oh Rachey Rach! How I've missed those rants of yours! But seriously, you do bring up some valid points. And I do believe Jackson aka Beast1979 did try to give some advice earlier in this thread on how to behave because he's been there done that, but I don't think anybody listened to him! I think that's awesome that you got to be there for that, though! At least tomorrow at 2pm it will all be announced so random n00bs can stop chiming in 900 posts in saying COULD THIS BE SOB?!?!!111///////

I for one think the park has done a GREAT job generating buzz, speculation, etc etc. And I really hope they keep it up when it comes to future announcements for anything! Hmm....could you imagine if they threw these types of hints out even if they were just building a new restroom...lol! Oh the teaser pics would be phenomenal!

Is it April yet? ;)

O.M.G.!!!! yes! yes a million times yes!!!! that would be epic!!! and even more so? you know we would be "those ppl" who are like, im going to use the new restrooms first!!!

And after all those teasers for the new restroom, would the reaction be "Oh, poop!"?

Terp, who just had to...uh...number two!

darn you terpy!! *shakes fist semi angrily* thanks for the spit take....

That would be good marketing money being thrown down the toilet!

:)

bahahaha not gonna lie i was about to yell at you for tweets not costing money... but i had a blond moment... carry on :P

ok so i was just watching the news and on fox 19 they are doing a report about the press release tomorrow...man i cant wait until 2 tomorrow

but but but... we can't believe the "meida" cuz they stretch the truth and dont actually talk to people at the park when anyone can see them to prove its "real" O:) (stalkerchick... adding fuel to the trol fire* booya!)

I was just imagining a teaser picture.....maybe zoomed in on a toilet seat or a sink. Everyone would start freaking out. ZOMG is that a splashdown for a new B&M dive coaster that's 800 feet tall?!?

Oh and as for the driers.....I can't even count how many times I've seen people just blankly stare at them because they can't figure out how to work the Dyson ones. It's pretty hilarious!

Do you want me to post the picture I have of Don standing right outside my car talking to the guy from the enquirer with a recorder in his hand in front of the dinosaur?

hi. I'm rachel *waves* the one in the article if anyone wants to question more credentials... :P

Picture - actually yes, not because I doubt you, but think it would be a good picture!

Also, beware of Stalker/Rachel - she gets cranky and hits hard :D

not cool :P its on my phone... i'll upload it to fb and link here 2morrow... maybe... O:) (has ryan made me an angel smiley? severly lacking in the sarcastic angel smiley dept)

Agreed. But maybe that is part of their strategy. They want to install the Dysons in Rivertown, so that those who get drenched on the water rides cannot dry their head with the Xcelerators, but instead are forced to pay $5 for the haystack dryer.

I was just imagining a teaser picture.....maybe zoomed in on a toilet seat or a sink. Everyone would start freaking out. ZOMG is that a splashdown for a new B&M dive coaster that's 800 feet tall?!?

Oh and as for the driers.....I can't even count how many times I've seen people just blankly stare at them because they can't figure out how to work the Dyson ones. It's pretty hilarious!

I'm surprised they can't just read the instructions on the front.... Oh well, most people don't. :(