Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

I think reading the "StalkerChick" and "KevinL332" back and forth proves a very important point about going after posters personally.

An opposing view doesn't warrant an insult. StalkerChick assumes KevinL332 doesn't know a swing ride from a whole in the ground because he doesn't have as many posts as she does, and attempts a failed "slam" on him as a "n00b".

OOOPS! Even if she's right, there's no reason to make it an insult to be a new poster here.

This has been a really fun KI fan site for me this past year and I have enjoyed many debates. Let's try to keep it fun for the "n00bs" so they'll stick around and turn into "old foagies" (By the way, how many posts do you need for that to be official?)

A thread that had a legitimate call to action got locked as a result of personal attacks recently: http://www.KICentral...showtopic=23419

While I've disagreed with just about everything "Raptorguy" has said, I never made a personal attack against him. Now it turns out he and I are in complete agreement about KI's possible ERT decisions.

I'm sure I'll go back to completely disagreeing with him in the near future, but the point is you never know who you'll find common ground with, and personal "slams" stop the process of figuring it out.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming on "As KICentral Turns"

On Topic:

Wasn't there a pop song in the 80's called "Everyone walk the Dinosaur"?

Yes, released in 1988 by Was (Not Was) info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk_the_Dinosaur

DJ Todd

4 hours to go! Had to work last night. Hope I'll be awake for the news!

If you don't make it, I have no idea where you might find the information about it! lol

I know always more exciting to find out about it first hand. That way you don't have to sift though 59000 post about SoB and why something on it should have been announced! :lol:

If you don't make it, I have no idea where you might find the information about it! lol

I know always more exciting to find out about it first hand. That way you don't have to sift though 59000 post about SoB and why something on it should have been announced! :lol:

59,000?!!! If there were that many posts, my eyes would bleed. In all honesty, I've enjoyed reading this thread, even with the bickering and the SOBbing (see what I did there?) and the numerous examples of Poe's Law. It's been enough to turn me from a long-time lurker to a poster! I think I'm up to 20 posts, gasp!

i know this is very off topic, but why do you hate Tom Brady?

i know this is very off topic, but why do you hate Tom Brady?

It is just a "sports hate" thing. You know you really can't put your finger on it but something about them just makes you want to punch your TV everytime you see them on it!

To try to steer things back on topic, how much of the trail/path/walkthrough do you think they've completed? At the very least, we know they've gotten their hands on a giant T-Rex. I think they might have already cut the hole in The Racer support structure necessary to access the area. It's certainly something they want to have done before the park opens, so they can test and run The Racer. Outside of that, maybe they've already cleared some of the trees. It'll be interesting to see how they get this up and running from a logistics/construction standpoint.

To try to steer things back on topic, how much of the trail/path/walkthrough do you think they've completed? At the very least, we know they've gotten their hands on a giant T-Rex. I think they might have already cut the hole in The Racer support structure necessary to access the area. It's certainly something they want to have done before the park opens, so they can test and run The Racer. Outside of that, maybe they've already cleared some of the trees. It'll be interesting to see how they get this up and running from a logistics/construction standpoint.

Thank you for getting us back on topic, I think they are just starting the trail, we did see those trucks back there.

Let's try to keep it fun for the "n00bs" so they'll stick around and turn into "old foagies"

I agree...this site needs some new blood.

(And if we had some more active mods it would be policed enough where the "right" n00bs would be disposed of quickly...no offense intended to you Robbie.)

59,000?!!! If there were that many posts, my eyes would bleed. In all honesty, I've enjoyed reading this thread, even with the bickering and the SOBbing (see what I did there?) and the numerous examples of Poe's Law. It's been enough to turn me from a long-time lurker to a poster! I think I'm up to 20 posts, gasp!

Welcome to KIC, this is a great place with a lot of entertaining and VERY knowledgable members, a couple of trolls and many smarta$$es! I know it's silly but I got a little excited when my 100th post changed my status from "tourist" to "local". Maturity is not one of my strong point.

I vaguely remember that the "Everyone Walk the Dinosaur" song had a painfully catchy chorus. (coming from an old school rock and roller)

" boom acka lacka" = Firehawk's chain dogs on the lift hill!

If you hate the park so much, perhaps you should stop going.

Both of you please knock it off.... the end.

Re: Hand driers

I, for one, miss my bacon.

28192ty.jpg

I too miss the bacon.

I not only miss bacon, but you 2 as well! :)

wow... ok the article that you were quoted in was a good article. but i read it twice and couldn't find anywhere it said don told them it was a walk-through, like some of the articles I have read had said. all he said is that it was Dinosaur relater and any idiot can see that. for the record, I don't care in the LEAST bit how many posts anyone has. BUT if you think im just some kid who stumbled upon this forum your defiantly wrong. I have spent several years working at Cedar Point, and I remain returning as a Screamster every year and am VERY active on Pointbuzz, I know what meida "heads up" your talking about... such as the press kits Cedar Point sent out about the Whyte Lighting bottling company before the announcement of Shoot The Rapids, but they had no clue what it was. all the PR is just to get people talking about the park.. and its obviously working.

For the record not only have I read every post of this thread before posting I was the first to mention Dinosaurs Unearthed and post a link on this forum to it. I assure you I've been around myself a few times. I not some "noob" talking about Son of Beast or expecting a Coaster of any kind. I know that's not going to happen. so get off you high horse.

oh naw he didn't....

and pointbuzz has nothing to do with KIC... completely different. And since you know of "these park things" Then you should very well be open to differing opinions/insights/views and not so strong on the "my way or the highway" viewpoint is all I'm saying. From your posts you seem to not even take what anyone else is saying into perspective... at all... except to mock and ridicule it. Thats not what we do here

"I assure you I've been around myself a few times."

^That is great to hear! I am around myself all the time :P

<3

I think reading the "StalkerChick" and "KevinL332" back and forth proves a very important point about going after posters personally.

An opposing view doesn't warrant an insult. StalkerChick assumes KevinL332 doesn't know a swing ride from a whole in the ground because he doesn't have as many posts as she does, and attempts a failed "slam" on him as a "n00b".

OOOPS! Even if she's right, there's no reason to make it an insult to be a new poster here.

This has been a really fun KI fan site for me this past year and I have enjoyed many debates. Let's try to keep it fun for the "n00bs" so they'll stick around and turn into "old foagies" (By the way, how many posts do you need for that to be official?)

A thread that had a legitimate call to action got locked as a result of personal attacks recently: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23419

While I've disagreed with just about everything "Raptorguy" has said, I never made a personal attack against him. Now it turns out he and I are in complete agreement about KI's possible ERT decisions.

I'm sure I'll go back to completely disagreeing with him in the near future, but the point is you never know who you'll find common ground with, and personal "slams" stop the process of figuring it out.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming on "As KICentral Turns"

On Topic:

Do I know you? (LOL-pardon my 8 person inside joke) Did you read my post in its entirety?! There was nary an insult thrown out. not a single "slam", and honestly nothing really in particular minus maybe one sentence. Those that know me, know I'm one of the most open and accepting people around here (which often times gets me in trouble... right ashers? ;) ) I was simply pointing out the problems, that will get no sympathy from people around here. This used to be a great place where people could legitamately have a conversation as opposed to a spitting match and the "mines bigger than yours" mentality, but a few people come in here and troll and dont listen to things that people have to say, that if you take the time to look around, its pretty easy to spot who you should be listening too and taking what they say to heart. And a few sour grapes ruins the whole vat of wine... and i like my wine dangit! or something like that.

And these noobs that I speak of are just that. They come and they hang around during the off season, or only show up when the park makes some sort of announcement (*cough*this week*cough) and they troll and spout drivvel and nonsense and generally tick people off, and then they magically disappear into the wilderness. Those that aren't noobs do stick around, and don't mind the title as that is exactly what they are. its pretty easy to spot... much like a giant spotlight iwth a neon arrow and a bullhorn screaming "look at me look at me!". So yes, I will mention the noobs, and i will call someone out on being one, which is the same as a parent yelling at their child to grow up or act their age. It lets them know "hey i'm being an idiot"

now back to your scheduled programming with that blasted song stuck in my head... ugh! Did they say exactly where this was going to be announced at?

Let me try this again, I'm posting from a phone so not sure how to link this better. But this makes me more excited about what may be on it's way.

http://m.youtube.com...r&v=H3IYcCqq9tk

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=H3IYcCqq9tk

It still doesn't link properly dude. I don't know how you do it from a phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=H3IYcCqq9tk

Maybe this one will work for you that's the non mobile address.

Articles with the same information have been linked to in several posts in this thread already, there aren't any new details in that article. I would suggest everyone just try to be patient and wait for the official details, only a little over an hour to go...

I still wonder if they'll be able to do all the required fake rock/foliage/vegetation theming stuff in the 6 weeks or so that they have left.

I don't know that the fake rock/foliage/vegetation theming stuff is necessarily "required". This isn't likely to be an exact replica of the exhibit that others have previously posted on here. I'm not sure what Mason looked like 65 million years ago, but dinos in the woods would be good enough for me, although it would be even better with the items you listed.

http://www.wlwt.com/...107/detail.html

It has something to do with dinosaurs and will be the largest of its kind in the world, but other details about a major new attraction for Kings Island will have to wait.

The amusement park has planned the big announcement for 2 p.m. Frodau

Kings Island spokesman Don Helbig said the attraction has been in the works for months and will have broad appeal. He won't say where visitors will find it in the park.

I will anxiously wait until Frodau, whenever that may be! :)

On Topic:

Now that song is stuck in my head!!!

So...just to be clear....what do we think is going to be announced today? :o

Why, it's an inverted stand up B&M hyper dive machine dinosaur-themed Texas Giant extreme makeover of SoB of course! ;)