Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

I was watching channel 9 news at noon (WCPO) and at the end of the broadcast they mentioned there being a press conference at 2 about it. They acted like they were going to cover it, so I have the TV on that channel. I hope they actually do. As far as it being on the internet, I don't know if they stream their broadcast live or not, and I haven't heard of anyone that is going to be carrying it for sure.

I know Im blowing this forum up, but just a funny little side note. When KI Posted on their facebook this morning about the big announcement. I was the first poster mentioning something to the effect of what it is and How there ignoring the "Big Invisible wooden coaster" Over in Action Zone. Several people liked the comment and there was subsequent posting about that after I made mine. I just looked at that Post and , Ironically, All the SOB Posts are now Gone! Magic...

I know Im blowing this forum up, but just a funny little side note. When KI Posted on their facebook this morning about the big announcement. I was the first poster mentioning something to the effect of what it is and How there ignoring the "Big Invisible wooden coaster" Over in Action Zone. Several people liked the comment and there was subsequent posting about that after I made mine. I just looked at that Post and , Ironically, All the SOB Posts are now Gone! Magic...

No offense meant to you whatsoever... put they probably got rid of them 1. b/c the whole SOB thing is getting kind of old. it's demise will come in due time. 2. Its distracting from what they really want you to focus on and that's their ginormous grand dinos :P

No offense meant to you whatsoever... put they probably got rid of them 1. b/c the whole SOB thing is getting kind of old. it's demise will come in due time. 2. Its distracting from what they really want you to focus on and that's their ginormous grand dinos :P

True, But you can only ignore something for so long before it rots, falls over, and Kills the poor people riding Flight Deck and Waiting in line for Drop Tower...

True, But you can only ignore something for so long before it rots, falls over, and Kills the poor people riding Flight Deck and Waiting in line for Drop Tower...

one can only hope :lol: well minus the flight deck and DT thing... i like those :) I'm still all out about a giant wienie roast O:)

Dinosaurs Alive

Dinosaurs roar to life in the world's largest animatronic dinosaur park at Kings Island

Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island debuts May 26, 2011

Kings Island, Ohio – Visitors to Kings Island will have an opportunity to step back in time to periods between 245 million to 65 million years ago when the world's largest animatronic dinosaur park debuts May 26, 2011. More than 60 life-sized dinosaurs will be on display in Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island, including 56 animatronic models, in a spectacular outdoor Jurassic forest setting.

The multi-sensory and interactive dinosaur park brings inspiration, science and technology together at Kings Island where guests will also hear the sounds and see the movements of 60-plus full-sized animatronic creations made to replicate nearly every feature of the dinosaurs. Each of the animatronic dinosaurs is hand-carved and covered with skin-like materials.

The six main scenes and nine thematic exhibits found along the more than 4,000-foot long path spread over 12.5 wooded acres tells a very compelling story for guests about what the dinosaurs ate, when and where they lived, how they protected themselves, and how they adapted to their prehistoric world.

The highlight of Dinosaurs Alive! is the world's largest animatronic dinosaur, the Ruyang Yellow River dinosaur, which measures an incredible 72 feet long, 12 feet wide and 30 feet high! Other animatronic dinosaurs include the vicious looking Irratator and its cousins, the Baryonyx and the Spinosaurus, the lizard-like Stegosaurus, the meat-eating Tyrannosaurs Rex, three-horned Triceratops and the flying Pteranodon.

Four of the dinosaurs have interactive consoles which allow guests to guide dinosaur movement so they can see how scientists believe each dinosaur moved its arms, tail, mouth and eyes. Other highlights include an excavation site replica, a kids' paleontological dig site where visitors can uncover prehistoric fossils, and a 1,500 square-foot dinosaur-themed gift shop that will feature more than 500 items.

"Dinosaurs Alive! is a long-term investment and reflects our commitment to providing our guests with world-class thrills, fun and family entertainment," Kings Island vice president and general manager Greg Scheid said. "The sights, sounds and movements of the life-like dinosaurs will excite and educate guests of all ages."

The dinosaurs, which are scientifically accurate based on the latest paleontological knowledge, were created by the Canada-based company Dinosaurs Unearthed.

Dinosaurs Unearthed is an innovative traveling exhibition company that creates dynamic, multi-sensory experiences about the fascinating world of dinosaur discovery. Launched in 2005, the company offers unique, multi-faceted exhibitions to museums, science centers and zoos throughout the world.

Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island will be open daily beginning May 26 from 10:00 a.m. until dusk. The dinosaur park is not included with general park admission or a 2011 season pass. A separate admission ticket of just $5.00 is required for this major attraction.

Guests visiting Kings Island can purchase Dinosaurs Alive! admission tickets at the park or in advance online through the park's website at www.visitkingsisland.com.

Kings Island is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FUN." In addition to Kings Island, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, six water parks, one indoor water park resort and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in Gilroy, Calif. under a management contract.

Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island will be open daily beginning May 26 from 10:00 a.m. until dusk. The dinosaur park is not included with general park admission or a 2011 season pass. A separate admission ticket of just $5.00 is required for this major attraction.

It will be intresting to see how this goes over....

While I like the idea and think it is a great addition I am not pleased with the extra $5 admission cost.

Not surprised by the additional admission cost, but not very pleased with the decision.

Then again it is all about the nickles...

The $5 up-charge will get me in once, but not multiple times. When you have a family those up-charges get multiplied and can make a real dent in the wallet.

I could see this being added as a free attraction during morning ERT then charging the rest of the day.

It will be intresting to see how this goes over....

Especially with the season pass crowd, who feel a right of entitlement to everything.

$5 extra? Seriously?

An upcharge? Seriously? We all know how good Cedar Fair is with keeping up theming, I don't see people willing to pay for this once they start to break... I'll go once, but at a $5.00 fee, it'll only be once.

And let the griping begin! :lol:

But seriously, I can see myself only doing this once as well, since it will be $15 to get my whole family in. I think the addition is a good thing for the park, but I question how long the upcharge will remain. We'll see how the public reacts to it, since it's definitely more of a family attraction than the other upcharge attractions currently offered at the park.

Nickels, maybe....

This is a large investment for the park, and other attractions that are large like this do cost extra $$, so I really don't think $5 is that bad.

They could charge for ERT (or Fastpass) like other parks, so $5.... I'm willing to spend it to see what it is like. We all maybe surprised on what $5 gets us.

And if the area is shaded, quiet etc. $5 maybe cheap for some just to "get away" from the hustle of the park.

I think if they added the extra 5 dollar charge to the cost of the season passes and let season pass holders get in then it would be something my kids would enjoy time and time again, but as far as paying the extra on top of the food and everything else, I agree it does get costly. I have 3 kids and we all have gold passes. My kids will want to go in there once, but I will not pay more than once to go to the thing. I feel that this could be a good thing if they maintain it properly, but as far as paying extra even when u have a gold pass it is ridiculous.

Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island,

...including 56 animatronic models, in a spectacular outdoor Jurassic forest setting.

I'm guessing that the Cedar Fair execs fought this part of the attraction with it's creators..."Are you SURE they had trees back then?" :P

Personally, not interested in paying 5 bucks to walk a 4,000 foot path around 12.5 acres. Also I don't go to KI to get "educated", I come to KICentral and get my education here. (thanks Terp, and the other Guru's)

To everyone who is excited about this, I sincerely hope you enjoy every foot (and claw) of it! Maybe it will free up DB and Beast some on the weekends.

I'm off to FB to read all the whining and crying. Can't wait to see RaptorGuy make his posts as well.

I don't see what his complaint would be...

It's not an upcharge for a ride, which is all he seems to care about.

Unless he just wants to complain about anything and everything, including the attractions he does not care to visit.