Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

^I was wondering the same thing. The only nearby building (assuming this is the X-Base woods) that would be possible would be the former food stand near EuroBobbles, which would probably require quite an overhaul to work as a gift shop.

I believe they still use that building for various things.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that it is a place were vendors come to restock.

Guest TombraiderTy

^I was wondering the same thing. The only nearby building (assuming this is the X-Base woods) that would be possible would be the former food stand near EuroBobbles, which would probably require quite an overhaul to work as a gift shop.

I've heard it's where all of the park's "Super Pretzels" are made. I don't think it'd be too big a challenge to relocate that and turn the stand into a gift-shop, however. Of course, they could just build a new gift shop closer to the actual trail.

I must be the only one thinking this could lead to a pretty sweet dino-themed 4,000 ft long Haunt attraction....

Universal Studios did a haunted attraction a couple years back involving dinosaurs and human/reptile mutants in the Jurassic Park section of IOA, so it isn't too far-fetched of an idea.

And if the "Silly Band" is the actual path for DA!, then it intersects ToT at several spots which may mean the end of the infamous Trail. Of course, they could just invade White Water Canyon's exit and make the undead cowboys roam Rivertown. It would certainly alleviate the issue of not having enough monsters out on the streets like last year.

I've heard it's where all of the park's "Super Pretzels" are made. I don't think it'd be too big a challenge to relocate that and turn the stand into a gift-shop, however. Of course, they could just build a new gift shop closer to the actual trail.

Apparently the Festhaus kitchen has received/is receiving a remodel this offseason (reference Warren County Property Records). Not saying it's related, it's just data.

I wonder where that gift shop is going, and if you'll need to go into the attraction to visit it...

It would be smartest to make the gift shop accessible without actually having to enter the attraction....

Just think KI again missed an opportunity to leverage their season pass base - why not have a discount for passholders?

Maybe there will be a discount (like a dollar or two off) that just hasn't been announced yet or will be added later in the season

And all those that spoke in this very thread before 2:00pm today, are now silent...

I like it!! :D

I'm not a marketing guy, but, to me, it would seem to make sense to sell the tickets for the attraction in the gift shop so that people will have to walk past the merchandise to get a ticket. And/or have the exit run through the gift shop as well, like Maverick and DB. And a photo of some kind will certainly bring in nickels as well.

Guest TombraiderTy

^And, following the same style that Kosman photography has used within the park in the past, families will be photographed in front of a green screen and a massive dinosaur will be added behind them via the wonders of computer. Then, following the attraction, guests can purchase this souvenir photo in a special Dinosaurs Alive frame for only $29.99 :)

^And, following the same style that Kosman photography has used within the park in the past, families will be photographed in front of a green screen and a massive dinosaur will be added behind them via the wonders of computer. Then, following the attraction, guests can purchase this souvenir photo in a special Dinosaurs Alive frame for only $29.99 :)

Along with keychains and refrigerator magnets, and who knows what else. :)

I just don't see them relocating something if they don't need to, especially when it's something heavily used by a department.