Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

Benread23, Not only do I agree with your view on SOB rehab. I also agree with previous post about SOB layout being boring, I think that if you see aerial shots of SOB then I could see how they could lengthen the coaster and wrap near the proposed new park area. A longer ride with maybe even a 400* second or third drop existing of a steel dino like skeleton. Not only a wood steel hybrid but a steel portion to include a loop and tight turns then back to the wood portion. Evolution ..... Son of Beast is growing up.

Yeah, They should call it: Son of Beast: Hits Puberty

(haha)

Im pretty sure Dinos are involved some how! THe Goose picture, dinos are directly related to birds, gooses are birds correct? That and I was watching Jurrasic Park, and I looked up the font for Jurrasic Park and alot of the letters match up. However, most don't...so I think I just contrdicted my self...Oh well.

I think the goose is literally just a picture of a goose. A joke about people going on "wild goose chases" in a futile effort to figure out what's being announced.

For those thinking this has to do with a SOB rehab..

Why would they need to remove a tree?

I personally feel it has NOTHING to do with SOB.

I agree. First off the video says "2011 Teaser," indicating that this has something to do with the coming season. Son of Beast has been sitting dormant for the past two seasons and last year had its station turned into a haunted house. While they could have been feverishly working on it this offseason and we would've never known, I highly doubt it.

The coincidence with the date is moot. Why would it be that big of a deal for them to do it exactly one year anyways after they announced it wouldn't be running for the 2010 season? If they were going to announce it, they'd be more concerned with when they can make the news the most times and get the best exposure, not timing it up one year after they announced it wouldn't operate for one specific season.

I'm surprised I haven't seen Browntggr post more in this topic, but I think he sums up the SOB situation best: Why keep throwing money at it? It's been nothing but bad publicity for the park and let's be honest folks - that ride kind of sucked to begin with. I enjoyed it when I was younger and it opened and I could take being shaken to death five times a day. But once time went on, the ride was just uncomfortably rough. Even when it re-opened with new trains it was better, but still not that good. On top of that, it's not known throughout the general public for being the tallest and fastest (which is even debatable with El Toro at SFGADV), it's know for .... other things.

I think all the SOB enthusiasts better prepare to not see it mentioned in Friday's announcement at all. Seriously, there's nothing in any clue, teaser or hint that indicates Son of Beast.

....except maybe the wild goose picture, cause all those looking into the Son of Beast theory may in fact be on a "Wild Goose Chase." See what I did there?

I could be wrong, but none of the clues or Don's video remotely make me think SOB.

Turn Back the clock?

The Worlds Largest? (Said Twice)

Spectacular outdoor setting?

Quite Impressive?

Measure more than......feet long?

World Class?

All Sound like Son of Beast refererences to me...

Regardless of what is announced, there is a staggeringly large chance that this will be an overwhelmingly negative place to be on Friday... Sad but true. Especially now that people have worked themselves into a frenzy that this may be a Son of Beast re-do.

Ah viral marketing... The trick is to live up to it; hard to do when the target audience is admittedly imaginative, inflammatory when united, and expecting certain things,

We shall see.

Right. Even Diamondback had only a shaking box that hissed a bit later on. This has a whole site. Dino-themed, indoor, animatronic giga-coaster with an outdoor animatronic dinosaur walk-through queue anyone?

And so far, this goose has represented a ride with a water element, confirmation that the ride is dinosaur themed (because, of course, dinosaurs are the direct ancestors of birds like geese), and even that the Flying Eagles are coming back. After all, the best viral marketing to arrive at "Flying Eagles" is a picture of a goose, and mud. Absolutely. I bet Don and the rest of the crew are absolutely awe-struck at the things that their picture of a goose meant.

But that's my point. Of course they have thrown some stuff out there. The "average" person 1) does not even know there has been a teaser for anything, 2) doesn't care, 3) doesn't even know that SOB stands for anything other than "SOB". I wasn't putting a value judgment on anyone hyping it here...in fact, I think the guessing is fun.

The problem is that people hype themselves up and then "blame" the park when they are let down by what it is; and it's really their own fault.

Guest rcfreak339

Also, although those are signs showing the rides' logos (see especially the Drop Zone sign), they are not the actual signs that were used to attract visitors to the rides...those signs were much, much larger.

Actually that Drop Zone sign was back from when Xtreme Skyflier was called Drop Zone in 1995. Yes that is the actual signs. Those signs where put up in the International Restruant for the Employee Reunion back in 2008.

Correct! I did indeed take that at the Employee Reunion.

They haven't hyped it up. You have.

The teaser video, The homepage of there site, The pics. Its Hyped up. I just hope its not lame, but if it is we still have WindSeeker.

I think they were planning on making an announcement about this either way. So the website banner and wallpaper change I would not call a big hype, but necessary to inform people of the announcement. Not one person has posted a link to a local media source that has ran the story about this announcement. I see nothing in their press release section of the website, so I don't know that any local radio or TV station has even ran a story on this yet. The way I see it, the only big hype that has been generated thus far has been on KIC!

EDIT: I assume there will be press coverage on Friday for the announcement!

It would be awesome it we get something along the lines of Cheetah Hunt in Tampa. Maybe the longest steel coaster out in the woods behind The Racer. This is me just daydreaming, but you never know.

First Post.

Welcome to the Madness darkmarkman.. blink.gif

Yes I agree That would be a freaking awesome thing. And thats my 2nd guess as to whats going to happen since looking at the "Planning" Pic I saw on the facebook page a while back...

They haven't hyped it up. You have.

The teaser video, The homepage of there site, The pics. Its Hyped up. I just hope its not lame, but if it is we still have WindSeeker.

I think they were planning on making an announcement about this either way. So the website banner and wallpaper change I would not call a big hype, but necessary to inform people of the announcement. Not one person has posted a link to a local media source that has ran the story about this announcement. I see nothing in their press release section of the website, so I don't know that any local radio or TV station has even ran a story on this yet. The way I see it, the only big hype that has been generated thus far has been on KIC!

EDIT: I assume there will be press coverage on Friday for the announcement!

It would be nice if they did a live stream like what they did for WindSeeker.