Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

Just out of curiosity, when you did this kind of work how long did it take your company to clear trees, install storm drains and do the excavation work required to prevent flooding and erosion? .

Just out of curiosity, do you know exactly what they're doing. what they're building or exactly what kind of on-site work is being done?

I'd say the fact that it's called 2011 Teaser is more of an indication that it's for 2011 rather than it's called that because the video was made in 2011.

That area would make for a nice log flume.

S-S(TR)oKCKC ;)

Step-Son (twice removed) of Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal.

Does anyone have a pic of the lettering KCKC used?

EDIT- I also have to agree that:

- This will be a 2012 attraction. If it is as BIG as what is being hyped, I can't see it being a 2011 attraction.

- SoB? What is that? I can't seem to find it on the map....

As I've said before, it would be nearly impossbile to open this 'thing' before the park opens for the 2011 season.

Oh really? You know what that "thing" is I assume? And you know for sure that it is impossible to create whatever this is in the 6 weeks left before April 30th? And you know for sure that whatever this thing is it will open on opening day?

So many "experts" on this forum, and yet only a few of them really are!

I can't wait until all of this wondering is extinct!

Knott's Berry Farm had to move one of Silver Bullet's massive steel supports for their WindSeeker's construction. I'm not an engineer, but I doubt moving a few of Racer's wooden supports would be a massive undertaking.

I'm studying to be one (read: I just finished my final for Statics, a fairly early class), but I'd guess that, comparatively, the spot where The Racer supports would be changed would be one of the easiest parts of the ride to modify. Because the track at that point is at the top of a hill for both legs of the trip, the most downward force those supports would bear would be the weight of the train. Compare that to the bottom of a drop--I'm not sure on this by any means, but I think the force that pins you to your seat would act as a multiplier for the weight of the train, which would make changing the supports a bit hairier (at least for me, anyway. :lol: )

Just out of curiosity, when you did this kind of work how long did it take your company to clear trees, install storm drains and do the excavation work required to prevent flooding and erosion? .

Just out of curiosity, do you know exactly what they're doing. what they're building or exactly what kind of on-site work is being done?

I'd say the fact that it's called 2011 Teaser is more of an indication that it's for 2011 rather than it's called that because the video was made in 2011.

I have no idea what they are building, but I do know that building even something as simple as a golf course requires that all of the things I described be done. There is an excavator in one of the park's photos, but I can't tell what it is doing. I also know that if "something big is coming to Kings Island" it will take time to do the land clearing and excavation work before they can start building anything. What I'm really trying to say is, no matter what people want or think this is, they need to be patient and not get their hopes up that whatever it is will be built within a matter of a few weeks.

I still believe it's highly unlikely that whatever it is will open on opening day. From the looks of it, construction is only beginning, and unless it's a nature trail (which I dobut-see red shipping container) much more work will need to be done.

Can it be done? Possibly.

Is it likely? From my personal experience, probably not, but I'm no expert on ride construction times.

The only new ride I can envision opening with the park this April is WindSeeker-though a mid-season opening would be a nice change of pace.

I have no idea what they are building, but I do know that building even something as simple as a golf course requires that all of the things I described be done. There is an excavator in one of the park's photos, but I can't tell what it is doing. I also know that if "something big is coming to Kings Island" it will take time to do the land clearing and excavation work before they can start building anything. What I'm really trying to say is, no matter what people want or think this is, they need to be patient and not get their hopes up that whatever it is will be built within a matter of a few weeks.

That assumes they are building something as complex as a golf course. lol

Today's question:

Can something big be something small?

^^^^ Nice find. I didn't look that close. :)

*I believe* there was talk of CF having a contract with IntaRide LLC for 3 water rides.

But like everyone else, I'm just guessing given the "hints" (which BTW are so vague, it could be anything.)

It could also be a B & M flyer named "The Bat".... who knows?(:))

You know I was just thinking. Maybe the possible prehistoric theme isn't a dinosaur, but rather the Ice Age since Ohio is known for those types of fossils. What Ice Age name best describes "Something BIG"? Mammoth.

Just a thought to throw out there. Sorry, I'm getting veclemped! Talks amongst yourselves!

The Wooly Mammoth clone is going to be born early at King's Island! Either that, or we're going to get midget dinosaur wrestling.

I about spit water all over my computer screen when I read "Midget dinosaur wrestling." Hahahahaha! That's probably the best guess so far! :)

To me the logo" Make no bones about it, something big is coming to Kings Island" looks like the logo for the old Wild Animal Habitat which was on the site of SOB. Just an observation, I am not concluding that the plans have anything to do with SOB as I am usually wrong about such things. ( Remember, I am the one who predicted CP would be getting a B and M dive coaster this year. )

New themed area behind racer w/ restaurants, shows rides and a coaster. Removal of Vortex and replacing it with a B&M Invert. And TG style rework of SOB.

The largest capital investment in park history, 100 million dollars. biggrin.gif

Can you try to think realistically?

They would never remove Vortex or spend $100M.

New themed area behind racer w/ restaurants, shows rides and a coaster. Removal of Vortex and replacing it with a B&M Invert. And TG style rework of SOB.

The largest capital investment in park history, 100 million dollars. biggrin.gif

Can you try to think realistically?

Hey pot, the kettle is callin'!

They would never remove Vortex or spend $100M.

Never? Intresting....

so you don't have to click on the link:

may i suggest pausing the video at fifteen seconds? :lol:

According to the new video, we're getting a new PR rep.

ummmm.... anyone remember the SOB ad the spoofed the blair witch project?!?! running through the woods? this second video is somewhat along those lines........

I think Kings Island is going to build DUELING WindSeekerS! Just like Disney is building Dueling Dumbos at the Magic Kingdom. I can't say this for sure, but it's my gut feeling. What do you guys think?

That's a great idea! But what about Dueling Dinos?

@Coasternerd

I was just throwing it out there. I have no idea what its going to be.

As for never removing Vortex, I have to disagree. It may not be this year, but eventually it will come down. If the park is still there 100 years from now, it will have a completely different set of rides and coasters.

If it is a coaster, i still really hope its something like Cheetah at BGT. That ride looks awesome and it would work great back in the woods.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/RWe7uNsn5nk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-n...=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

I think Kings Island is going to build DUELING WindSeekerS! Just like Disney is building Dueling Dumbos at the Magic Kingdom. I can't say this for sure, but it's my gut feeling. What do you guys think?

That's a great idea! But what about Dueling Dinos?

I hope i'm right...Because two WindSeekers are better than one!