Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

This isn't just about traditional PR methods. It's about successful PR methods.

Many successful PR methods at one time were also considered groundbreaking. This could be one as well.

Time will tell if this is a good decision, or, if our guesses are even on the same page as to what KI is attempting to accomplish.

Maybe they're bringing back the antique cars and flying eagles. Jungle-y themed jeeps (ie:Jurassic Park) and pterodactyl-esque flying eagles. *crosses fingers* :lol:

This would be incredible, Great thought here!

Could they really do this sure they could !!!

It would be a good investment>

I'm still thinking soon a 2nd kids land?

A hotel owned by Kings Island, maybe with a indoor pool, for business travelers to use too in the winter?

And another land x base add on, with its own food,

But i'm thinking a sit down fridays? type restraunt......

Kings Island is one of the top 10 most traveled seasonal parks, with a storied history,

We shall see !

If it has anything to do with rides it won't be until 2012. There is no time to build a ride from now to opening day, unless they have already started on it and we haven't noticed.

I don't think anybody thinks it's going to be for a new ride this season. I think they're speculating about a possible 2012 attraction. I personally think they just like to do these kinds of things to sit back and laugh and watch the spittle fly and the excitement ensue. ;)

It cou'ld be a new X-base exspasion... and that might tell us what the drawing was for.. ..Mwhahha I hope for a new X-base area... but who knows. If its going to be historic then it will be a ride or more... maybe like people said before maybe a old school ride maybe coming back.

It cou'ld be a new X-base exspasion... and that might tell us what the drawing was for.. ..Mwhahha I hope for a new X-base area... but who knows. If its going to be historic then it will be a ride or more... maybe like people said before maybe a old school ride maybe coming back.

I don't think it will be x-base expasion that drawing was to right of that area. Could it be a ride from CGA?

As I said to another poster here earlier this evening, I have had dozens of ideas pop in my head, but each is just an unlikely as the next. So I guess we wait to see. If that date Shaggy saw was accurate, then we are not going to have to wait long. Thank goodness!

If that date Shaggy saw was accurate, then we are not going to have to wait long. Thank goodness!

I have the feeling this will be one of CF's long & drawn out/ hyped-up promotions.

CF is going fishing, and they have most of us- hook, line, & sinker. :)

Dinosaurs Discovered At Paramount's Kings Island

Kings Island, OH -- Families are invited to explore Paramount's Kings Island's newest discovery, "Dinosaurs! A Prehistoric Journey" and a Dinamation© experience. The adventure included with park admission began May 20 and operates from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily. Extinction occurs June 18, 2000.

Thirteen dinosaurs lurk near the Nickelodeon Splat City section of the park contained in a 7,000 square-foot area filled with lush vegetation, tents and interactive family activities designed for even the youngest of archeologists.

Explorers venture into the walk-thru attraction and encounter life-size creatures including a Triceratops, a Dilophosaurus that squirts water onto guests and a gigantic 20-foot tall Tyrannosaurs Rex. Hands-on elements include passport stations, where kids collect stamps of their favorite dinosaurs; a Dino-dig, where young visitors discover "fossil remains" of dinosaurs; and a guest-controlled robotic T-rex that moves on command.

"Dinosaurs are a timeless wonder," said Tim V. Fisher vice president and general manager of Paramount's Kings Island. "Every child loves dinosaurs, I'm confident kids will be mesmerized when they see these giant creatures move and roar."

Paramount's Kings Island is now open daily through Sunday, August 21. General admission is $38.99 for guests 7 through 59 and $19.50, or half-price, for children 3 through 6 or under 48 inches tall. Seniors ages 60 and older are also admitted for $19.50. Children 2 and younger are admitted free.

Call (800) 288-0808 or (513) 754-5800 for more information on Paramount's Kings Island.

LINK - Ultimate Roller Coaster

Guest TombraiderTy

Cincinnati Zoo had a dinosaur walking exhibit back in 2004.

p80200020002.jpg

p80200100010.jpg

Although entertaining (especially for a fifth grader), it was nowhere near the length of the red squiggly line though. Just thought I'd throw that out there though, that the type of attraction has been done recently.

Something I've noticed, with all the WindSeeker/Coney photos being posted by the park I've realized that a section of coney has not been photographed at all, weather it be by chance or potentially there doing more construction / demo then we really realize.

mapcolorconey.jpg

This photo represents 3 locations of interest.

Red = The abandon Coney Potato works food stand along with the abandon Flight Commander queue line. This area hasn't been photographed at all, which makes me wonder if they are doing construction/demo at this location secretly. I'm more interested in what they do with this area more then anything.

Yellow = Flight Commander ride pad / Euro Bubbles along with the grass field once occupied by Cinema 180* / Lazer Tag. This area isn't photographed often in the construction photos which seems strange.

Blue = X-Base and Trail of Terror woods. This area fits the "silly band" thus making it subject to construction interest.

coneyfastpitcharea.jpg

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/fun/blog/2011/3/8/Coney_Mall_construction_update.cfm

Kings Island recently posted a Coney Mall construction update, notice how fencing is gone, Fast Pitch looks different and its hard to tell if the food stand is still standing.

Just something I've noticed. B)

• Like 1

My hope - the announcement will be about a new coaster going in the area by The Racer where the red squiggly line drawing was (if I really dream, I'd say B&M invert, with the lines showing the footprint of the ride clearing, and tunnels connecting some of the places that otherwise looked like they should have connected).

My fear - KI website was hacked and someone is just messing with us

What I know - I'm not good at being patient

actually, just me thinking out loud, but if the slogan " your history" was used with the date, and with the area shown in the topography maps being so large. maybe there will be a reincarnation of the wildlife habitat, all of the barns that the animals were kept in are still standing (or at least all i've ever payed attention to).

I believe he meant "You're History", not "Your History"... at least that's the way it was posted on CoasterBuzz.

"You're History" makes a little more sense.

No, it was "Your history" and it was not posted on Coasterbuzz otherwise.

While I would LOVE to hear that Son of Beast will be coming back - in my humble opinion it would be in poor taste to announce on March 18th that it will be re-opened in the future - during the same month that a court case is being heard again as a result of the injuries sustained while riding it.

Have to agree with Browntggrr on this one. They didn't make a big spectacle and marketing hooplah out of Son of Beast's first major refurbishment under Cedar Fair (which they obviously thought would be successful, or else they wouldn't have done it), so I highly, highly doubt this is Son of Beast related.

Helpful hint... SEE POST 71 BEFORE RESPONDING TO THIS THREAD:D

Dinosaur animatronic exhibits have been popular in zoos for a few years, I don't believe KI would bring in the same atmosphere. Especially since KI already had the exhibit 11 years ago. Back then, robot dinosaurs were a good draw. I don't see the same draw today.

I won't say it's not gonna happen, but, given that the park already had this at one time, and the energy being created by the park's marketing department, it does not add up.

Now I did think of another possible idea: could this be the press release for 4th of July activities? KI has had a history of big 4th events.