Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

Funny how offseasson speculation takes off like wildfire. This topic has had many mentions of this being a dinosaur walkthrough and even hints of it being from the same folks that did the one at the Cincy Museum Center, yet so many want to turn a blind eye.

Wishful thinking?

Ignoring the obvious?

Or just plain off seasson hysteria?

Time to bring back the Trailer Tower folks...

That thing is huge! While i will be slightly disappointed if this isn't theming for a coaster, i still think its cool. I have never done a life-size dino walkthrough and it will be cool. My son will love it. Hopefully the movements of them will be on par w/ disney. If they are intended to be a permanent attraction, I sure hope KI will maintain them.

Will not be permanent nor will it be on par with Disney animatronics. Think more air compressor driven shaky head movements. Cedar Fair does not maintain theming so if it were permanent could you imagine the quality of the attraction 3-5 years down the road. IJ:SC -> BL:SC, TR:TR -> Crypt...

Will not be permanent nor will it be on par with Disney animatronics. Think more air compressor driven shaky head movements. Cedar Fair does not maintain theming so if it were permanent could you imagine the quality of the attraction 3-5 years down the road. IJ:SC -> BL:SC, TR:TR -> Crypt...

I really wish CF did more with theming.

^ There's a support group for that (wanting more from CF theming), it's called KICentral. They meet online :lol:

Give some credit though... They are getting much better. KI and CP look better every year (capital improvements like Rivertown and CM) and they are fixing some theming and lighting. I think they did a great job with Planet Snoopy at KI too!

My daughter will absolutely love this.

Attractions like this and Shoot the Rapids (if it actually would have turned out as planned) may not be what coaster fanboys want but, without the family dollars that are attracted by rides like this, we wouldn't have big coasters. CP may be an exception. They kinda floated on always building a bigger, badder (sp of a non-word?) coaster for years. We know how that ended (i still love TTD though).

Good move KI!

So, all those black dots, on the side of the red line, on the map are dinos, this thing will be pretty impressive. Railrider's right, that thing's huge!

Can't wait for whatever the announcement is on Friday! Regardless of what it is, I feel fortunate and greatful that we get not only WS this season, but also something more! While I would love for it to be a thrill attraction, I am exited for and know that I will love whatever is announced on Friday!!

First post, and yes I read the whole thread before posting this. :)

Can't wait for whatever the announcement is on Friday! Regardless of what it is, I feel fortunate and greatful that we get not only WS this season, but also something more! While I would love for it to be a thrill attraction, I am exited for and know that I will love whatever is announced on Friday!!

First post, and yes I read the whole thread before posting this. :)

I agree, and its good that you read the whole thing.. how long did that take?

Italicized for emphasis:

Yes I agree with Goodyellowkorn182, I believe that it will be a big attraction. Most likely a roller coaster, themed to Jurassic type of story. Very big!! As we see now it is big, but its getting bigger!

*headdesk*

How has any clue led anyone to believe that this is a coaster? Please tell me what coaster can be built in six weeks, besides a Dragon Wagon... Wait...

Oh my Helbig, I just figured it out. We're getting the world's tallest and fastest Dragon Wagon!

Ride Warriors, are you ready for 11 feet and 9 MPH of pure, unadulterated thrill?! RIDE ON!

;)

Italicized for emphasis:

Yes I agree with Goodyellowkorn182, I believe that it will be a big attraction. Most likely a roller coaster, themed to Jurassic type of story. Very big!! As we see now it is big, but its getting bigger!

*headdesk*

How has any clue led anyone to believe that this is a coaster? Please tell me what coaster can be built in six weeks, besides a Dragon Wagon... Wait...

Oh my Helbig, I just figured it out. We're getting the world's tallest and fastest Dragon Wagon!

Ride Warriors, are you ready for 11 feet and 9 MPH of pure, unadulterated thrill?! RIDE ON!

;)

Is that anything like Helbig in a basket?

Discalimer: joke requires familiarity with outdated saying: Hell in a handbasket

http://www.dinosaursunearthed.com/wp-content/gallery/outdoor/img_5740.jpg

Isn't the dinosaur from the storage container the exact same as this one? Look at the Trex in the pictures at the bottom of the page.

I don't know how no one responded to this, but from the looks of it, I'd have to completely agree. That appears to be the exact same T-rex. Dinosaurs Unearthed exhibit confirmed? We'll see.

Also, great first post!

Isn't the dinosaur from the storage container the exact same as this one? Look at the Trex in the pictures at the bottom of the page.

I don't know how no one responded to this, but from the looks of it, I'd have to completely agree. That appears to be the exact same T-rex. Dinosaurs Unearthed exhibit confirmed? We'll see.

Also, welcome to KIC!

They could just be using a replica of it. It just doesn't seem right for an amusement park to have an "exhibit" or walkthrough. Parks are for the rides. It's not a museum......

^ They've done it before, as has been discussed earlier in the topic. Though, if they're clearing land for this, I'd assume it's permanent.

And speaking of Congo from earlier in the topic, they had a walk-through attraction for that one summer showing off some behind the scenes stuff. The walkthrough was better than the movie, heh.

I believe they also did a Titanic walkthrough attraction one year as well. Of course, those were the Paramount days, I do believe.

Also, welcome to KIC!

They could just be using a replica of it. It just doesn't seem right for an amusement park to have an "exhibit" or walkthrough. Parks are for the rides. It's not a museum......

all T-Rex look mostly the same but we shall see soon...

^ This whole topic is going to Helbig in a handbasket, that's for sure. ;)

Once I saw him walking around the park. We need a thread on Helibg in a hand basket. wink.gif

Wow, when did you stop being him and were you him for all those Racer laps too?

EDIT: Did he change that or was I momentarily dyslexic?

Also, welcome to KIC!

I disagree. Parks are supposed to be a get away, time out of time. The more immersive the feel the better. There's a little patio next to Paddle Boat Excursions at CP. I look forward to sitting there and chatting with my friends every trip. Actually, sometimes I daydream about that spot and not rides.

I am sure my family will have some awesome times in this walk through and I think it's a great idea for KI. I have as much fun watching my daughter ride as I do riding myself. How well it works out, I have no idea but... I think it's a great idea to try.

Terpy always has really good responses to this.

The new pix shows a big ol dinosour! Looks like it will stay their for a bit! 0

I think Goodyellowkorn182 made some excellent points in his post. For people thinking this is a roller coaster or something for a different season, the time to change your thinking has come. I like roller coasters as much as the next guy, but the writing is on the wall folks.

It would be kickass if this whole thing was either:

A. "Safari Land" - Bringing back the classic safari but with the world's longest safari train (guessing that the red line is a train outline)?

or

B. Don is being a funny man & is just quite possibly throwing us completely off, due to a much bigger project for the next season?

You're totally right. I bet that this gigantic tyrannosaurus rex and dinosaur-themed marketing campaign has been nothing more than an attempt to distract us what might be coming next year...

Don may be a funny man, but he doesn't get to spend copious amounts of money on large robotic reptiles just to throw off the enthusiast community. Hahha.

(Not aiming this at you, Firehawkboy) As Shaggy said in post number 3, it really probably is as simple as a dinosaur walkthrough. Those who have hyped themselves up to thinking this is a brand new B&M coaster, or a Son of Beast re-do really have no one to blame but themselves, and need to start coming to terms with the fact that this is in addition to WindSeeker and not the other way around - as such, would you expect this dinosaur project (whatever it is) to pass WindSeeker in terms of scale? It comes across as a last-minute, fun, family-aimed addition, and maybe that's all that it is. Maybe there is no ulterior motive or attempt to blindside us with the "real" project.

Let's be happy with it, whatever it is!

You're right. I apologize. He'd never pull ANY stunt like that to absolutely throw us off. You must know Don Helibig more than I do. I just wont give my thoughts out anymore.

GoodYellowKorn wasn't saying you can't give an opinion, but he made some excellent points. Despite all the clues given, many seem to have a good idea of what this is. People STILL are in denial.

The new pix shows a big ol dinosour! Looks like it will stay their for a bit! 0

I think Goodyellowkorn182 made some excellent points in his post. For people thinking this is a roller coaster or something for a different season, the time to change your thinking has come. I like roller coasters as much as the next guy, but the writing is on the wall folks.

It would be kickass if this whole thing was either:

A. "Safari Land" - Bringing back the classic safari but with the world's longest safari train (guessing that the red line is a train outline)?

or

B. Don is being a funny man & is just quite possibly throwing us completely off, due to a much bigger project for the next season?

You're totally right. I bet that this gigantic tyrannosaurus rex and dinosaur-themed marketing campaign has been nothing more than an attempt to distract us what might be coming next year...

Don may be a funny man, but he doesn't get to spend copious amounts of money on large robotic reptiles just to throw off the enthusiast community. Hahha.

(Not aiming this at you, Firehawkboy) As Shaggy said in post number 3, it really probably is as simple as a dinosaur walkthrough. Those who have hyped themselves up to thinking this is a brand new B&M coaster, or a Son of Beast re-do really have no one to blame but themselves, and need to start coming to terms with the fact that this is in addition to WindSeeker and not the other way around - as such, would you expect this dinosaur project (whatever it is) to pass WindSeeker in terms of scale? It comes across as a last-minute, fun, family-aimed addition, and maybe that's all that it is. Maybe there is no ulterior motive or attempt to blindside us with the "real" project.

Let's be happy with it, whatever it is!

You're right. I apologize. He'd never pull ANY stunt like that to absolutely throw us off. You must know Don Helibig more than I do. I just wont give my thoughts out anymore.

GoodYellowKorn wasn't saying you can't give an opinion, but he made some excellent points. Despite all the clues given, many seem to have a good idea of what this is. People STILL are in denial.

I would be kind of mad if it is a dinosaur walk - through. They hyped this way to much for it to be that. I am actually considering a phycoaster to that of Alton Towers.

dry.gif You know the topic has hit a new low when a guy with a Glee avatar who can't spell "roller," is ignoring various Twitter and Facebook and blog updates by the park themselves saying "Coming this year," and will suggest for what is perhaps the 123rd time in the last few days that the park is getting a huge new roller coaster for 2012, based only on the fact that the eye looks like Diamondback's and because Kings Island has said the word "BIG" a lot.

Yes, and Drop Tower was built upside down. I know this because a former KI blue ice cream/pizza seller said that his dad said so. That's got to be more reliable than the Dippin' Dots guy, so it must be true. Hopefully they don't build WS upside down too! dry.gif

Now you listen here, My papa is a master carpenter/construction folk, he has built many things in the park, he built and worked with many things that were built in Action Zone back in the late 90s and early 00s. The second piece of drop zone was put on wrong, upside down. You all are quick to darn people and their words. Y'all think you know so much about everything and when someone says one thing you don't like you condem them and make them look as a fool!!!

First of all, I only know so much, and certainly not about everything. Secondly, I never said I didn't like what you said. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I've gotten quite a few good chuckles over your claims. Thirdly, some people don't need others to "make them look as a fool". Some people are quite capable of doing that to themselves simply by what they say.

If Yabba Dabby Doo is some Flintstone thing then i wouldn't know.

Wow, way to make me feel old! :lol:

What???? Where in the world did goodyellowkorn say in his post that this would be a big attraction on the scale of a roller coaster???? I think Friday is going to be a very disappointing day for you.

I respectfully disagree. That may be the case for you, but there are plenty of others that like to enjoy all that a park has to offer, including the many entertainments options that are available besides the rides. Variety is a good thing. As I said before:

And there are plenty of people who like to enjoy all that parks have to offer. I find it quite nice to spend time at places like Cedar Point's Town Hall Museum, Holiday World's Abe Lincoln & Toy Museum and Disney Hollywood Studios' One Man's Dream.

^ They've done it before, as has been discussed earlier in the topic. Though, if they're clearing land for this, I'd assume it's permanent.

And speaking of Congo from earlier in the topic, they had a walk-through attraction for that one summer showing off some behind the scenes stuff. The walkthrough was better than the movie, heh.

I believe they also did a Titanic walkthrough attraction one year as well. Of course, those were the Paramount days, I do believe.

That is correct. In the past KI has had several walk though attractions, including Congo, Titanic, Star Trek (twice), dinosaurs and if I remember correctly, giant insects.

EDIT: I am consistantly amazed at the levels of denial that some people insist on living in...

I would be kind of mad if it is a dinosaur walk - through. They hyped this way to much for it to be that. I am actually considering a phycoaster to that of Alton Towers.

KI said something big was coming, and from the first picture of the dinosaur, it looks like the statues/animitronics will be big. KI didn't over hype this at all. Some people wanted to believe it was going to be a roller coaster, and it looks like it won't be. People have mentioned this, and I agree, people need to be happy that they are near an amusement park.

Maybe CF hired someone or some company to do the theming for them. From what I have read on all ur posts CF isn't good with theming, but it is possible they could hire someone to do it for them. with the new coasters DB and WS going in they obviously have extra funding to help them in this excavation now, and maybe it will be better than we think. Even if it is a walkthrough it could be the biggest and best walkthrough known to amusement parks.

Why would they get a coaster when the shadow of SOB is looming over them, i think just turning your back on the problem, and getting a new coaster is a bad idea. Just demolish SOB, for one year, and the next year something else can be installed. Its a waste of space, and structually if no annoucement is made in the next year or two, SOB will just be waiting for demolishion. I just think, this new attraction will not be a roller coaster, because it makes no money sense.