Something big announced 3-18-11?

Shaggy

Another temper-tantrum because the "holier than thou" enthusiast didn't get another thrill ride.

RaptorGuy-

Please do not visit KI this, or any other, year. The park cannot meet your adolescent demands. The small handful of enthusiasts, like you, only give fun parks a bad reputation because of your demandeing crap. The "coulda, shoulda, woulda" verbage you spout from the cheap seats only reinforces the fact that some enthusiasts, like you, will never understand that amusement parks are not there just for you, but for everyone, especially families. Kids love dinosaurs. KI is filled with kids. Why is that such a hard concept for you to understand? Please go to your perfect place, in your own little perfect world, and let the real enthusiasts enjoy KI. Thanks!

If you hate the park so much, perhaps you should stop going.

Since they're not offering ERT on rides I like, I probably will go a lot less than last year for sure. At least I will get to sleep in on Saturday mornings, and not try to scurry to

get there before 9 for my 15 rides in a row!

if your point is marketing I have a question for you... where was the huge marketing? on their webpage? they uploaded a video? some pics? a twitter and facebook update? had a dissolving graphic? I would go with almost 60-75% of their target audience does not even check there web site in the off season, and if they do its just to get ticket prices for a future family vacation... maybe...

but If this got a few more hits on their website, drove more people to visitkingsisland.com then great for them. Did it bother anyone that for a few days we had fun hoping and wondering what was going on?

If you hate the park so much, perhaps you should stop going.

Since they're not offering ERT on rides I like, I probably will go a lot less than last year for sure. At least I will get to sleep in on Saturday mornings, and not try to scurry to

get there before 9 for my 15 rides in a row!

Because that 3 hour line for Diamondback during the week is intolerable... Oh, wait...

When someone is as supremely unhappy as RaptorGuy, they are beyond reasoning with. He will continue to post negative things until he doesn't anymore. Just that simply!

or we could all just take the high road and not grumble... if its on the internet someone will hate it and someone will like it... its life people argue... policing a forum can only do so much.... so I will say this, bringing us back to the topic at hand....

Sort of cool seeing a big t-rex being hoisted by a crane....

if your point is marketing I have a question for you... where was the huge marketing?

Well, to be fair, they did also put a 20 foot tall and 40 foot long T-Rex at the entrance to the parking lot. Pretty huge if you ask me.

And it's working - I showed the pic and explained what we thought the attraction was to my 7 year old. His response was "cool, sounds awesome - I love dinosaurs" then he asked when the park opened.

if your point is marketing I have a question for you... where was the huge marketing?

Well, to be fair, they did also put a 20 foot tall and 40 foot long T-Rex at the entrance to the parking lot. Pretty huge if you ask me.

And it's working - I showed the pic and explained what we thought the attraction was to my 7 year old. His response was "cool, sounds awesome - I love dinosaurs" then he asked when the park opened.

ok minus the 20 foot tall 40 foot long t-rex, the lead up to it was not too much... plus now that dino (which is probably standard when buying a dino walk through) that stands out front is attracting a bunch of quizzical looks from drivers who, when they get home, will go "what is that thing at ki?" check online and go hmmm when was i at KI the last time....

Whatever they announce tomorrow will be PERFECT! The park could not possibly do anything less. Please pass the Kool Aid and a fan, boy ...... :)

I hope you are not referring to me..... the park can and does things wrong but seriously how is this bad? if its a dino walk through and it fails who loses money? only the park

Omg. I seriously read this entire thread front to back. It took me like 4 hours, and I did it purely because I needed to share my enthusiasm. I was all about the coaster idea, and wanted that to happen. But the Unearthed walkthrough seems really cool. And just like a lot of people I was in denial...up until the post with the identical Dinosaurs. I'm still going to hold out hope that in the future they decide to expand on the idea.

Thanks everyone for entertaining me for 4 hours. :) Can't wait for the announcement.

I'm sorry I find it VERY VERY hard to believe Don or anyone from Kings Island would talk to the media about this other than saying the official announcement is coming March 18th. so I still stand by what I said unless you have proof of it coming from Don's mouth and I'm sure I'm not the only one! I can say I was there when Obama said were invading new found Aliens on Venus and I believe it to be about as true as your statement!

as far as Ellen's Energy Adventure that looks like what i was talking about. Ellen had nothing to do with it at the time this would have been early mid 90's but looks like the same concept and so many things have been changed since than

holy freakin crap batman! Do you want me to post the picture I have of Don standing right outside my car talking to the guy from the enquirer with a recorder in his hand in front of the dinosaur?! When you get a little older kid check into some pr/marketing/journalism classes. Any good PR person gives little breadcrumbs to create speculation. its called creating a "buzz", which personally, looking at this thread alone, they've done a darned good job of! I know you're new here and all so let me clue you into a few things. Se those little stats on the right over there <<< that shows the date joined, and the amount of posts and what not. normally (not all the time) the ones that have been around the block tend to know a thing or 2. not to mention I think I can safely say that half of the active posters/"old foagies" have worked for the park/amusement park industry at one point in time, and quite a few of those have learned how this crap works. Pull your head out of your butt and be willing to at least LISTEN to what other people have to say. That is how you will learn. That is how you will make friends. Throwing out stupid asinine comments that you think everyone should take as holier than thou truth, just makes you look stupid and people will never listen to what you have to say... ever.... (i'm apologizing for this ahead of time) but just as beast 1979. He used to just be "some kid" around here, until he took the time to listen to others and have a legit thought out debate with people. not just through their stuff out there, and make every one take it.

Honestly the whole dino walk through thing has come about because EVERYONE listened to EVERYONE ELSE and people started taking bits and pieces of what EVERYONE was saying to come up with what WE ALL thought was the most natural outcome. no one has said "yess 100% this is what it will be" its all speculation....

*/end rant*

He's gotta hear it from the Don himself, which will still be supplied by the media, because chances are most of us won't be at the official announcement.

But then, if Don's on TV, how do we know that he's not computer animated, or an animatronic like the dinosaurs? :blink:

LOL i <3 you

Not sure if this exact article has been published yet. Yes, I've been reading this whole topic, but it is hard to keep straight which articles I found where. (If that made any sense at all)

WCPO featuring KIC's own Stalkerchick http://www.wcpo.com/...eature-dinosaur

wooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! dam shoulda given them my forum name huh >.< hahaha i was looking for the video (which shows Don by his car after talking to said media when I was there) as it brought out a lot of the same points. It won't be ready for opening day, but will be ready in the spring.

and this goes back to KevinL, the media most of the times does have a heads up from the park itself. Perfect example, when Urgent Scare was first introduced. a week before they had their media night to announce it, they sent a bag of "blood" along with the reporters "medical records" to the stations. Google it, I'm sure the videos are still out there. They knew before even the mods here knew! and guess what... more speculation, more buzz, more thinking and talking back and forth, and it was pretty much agreed that it was most likely some sort of doctor/hospital/medical theme. and tada... guess what it was....

Oh and Kyle I did love that! And for the noobs who don't know... hi. I'm rachel *waves* the one in the article if anyone wants to question more credentials... :P

wow... ok the article that you were quoted in was a good article. but i read it twice and couldn't find anywhere it said don told them it was a walk-through, like some of the articles I have read had said. all he said is that it was Dinosaur relater and any idiot can see that. for the record, I don't care in the LEAST bit how many posts anyone has. BUT if you think im just some kid who stumbled upon this forum your defiantly wrong. I have spent several years working at Cedar Point, and I remain returning as a Screamster every year and am VERY active on Pointbuzz, I know what meida "heads up" your talking about... such as the press kits Cedar Point sent out about the Whyte Lighting bottling company before the announcement of Shoot The Rapids, but they had no clue what it was. all the PR is just to get people talking about the park.. and its obviously working.

For the record not only have I read every post of this thread before posting I was the first to mention Dinosaurs Unearthed and post a link on this forum to it. I assure you I've been around myself a few times. I not some "noob" talking about Son of Beast or expecting a Coaster of any kind. I know that's not going to happen. so get off you high horse.

Hmm...those news articles people are posting have me intrigued. I'm just wondering how they got the info that this IS in fact a dinosaur walk-through when the announcement hasn't even been made yet. Also, I'm wondering where they get the fact that this is "the biggest attraction of its kind". I wonder if they got that from listening to the teaser video? Because if so, all he says is the 'world's largest' something something bleep bleep. He may not even be referencing the new attraction at all, since it's all out of context. He could be talking about the t-rex in the parking lot for all we know! The only other thing I can think of is he might have conducted an interview for the press already that we don't know about and if so this post isn't even valid! I just can't wait til tomorrow! :)

My apologies if this is covered a little later in the thread as I am still catching up, but on the news last night (WLWT) they indicated that the source telling them it would be the world's largest animated dinosaur walk was from the City of Mason...

I still wonder if they'll be able to do all the required fake rock/foliage/vegetation theming stuff in the 6 weeks or so that they have left. The Dinosaurs Unearthed stuff looks pretty elaborate, and for it to be the "largest in the world", you would think it would take more than a month and a half to get everything cleared, set up, and tested.

I guess we will see, though.

If this dino thing turns out NOT to be the big news, of course... my money is on KI re-opening SOB as a backwards stand-up, to honor both The Racers and King Cobra. ;)

http://www.wlwt.com/news/27237107/detail.html

It has something to do with dinosaurs and will be the largest of its kind in the world, but other details about a major new attraction for Kings Island will have to wait.

The amusement park has planned the big announcement for 2 p.m. Frodau

Kings Island spokesman Don Helbig said the attraction has been in the works for months and will have broad appeal. He won't say where visitors will find it in the park.

Sorry about the double post.

I think reading the "StalkerChick" and "KevinL332" back and forth proves a very important point about going after posters personally.

An opposing view doesn't warrant an insult. StalkerChick assumes KevinL332 doesn't know a swing ride from a whole in the ground because he doesn't have as many posts as she does, and attempts a failed "slam" on him as a "n00b".

OOOPS! Even if she's right, there's no reason to make it an insult to be a new poster here.

This has been a really fun KI fan site for me this past year and I have enjoyed many debates. Let's try to keep it fun for the "n00bs" so they'll stick around and turn into "old foagies" (By the way, how many posts do you need for that to be official?)

A thread that had a legitimate call to action got locked as a result of personal attacks recently: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23419

While I've disagreed with just about everything "Raptorguy" has said, I never made a personal attack against him. Now it turns out he and I are in complete agreement about KI's possible ERT decisions.

I'm sure I'll go back to completely disagreeing with him in the near future, but the point is you never know who you'll find common ground with, and personal "slams" stop the process of figuring it out.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming on "As KICentral Turns"

On Topic:

Wasn't there a pop song in the 80's called "Everyone walk the Dinosaur"?