Racer Habits

IndyGuy4KI

^ LOL My mind's eye saw you in the green wig saying that :lol:

I love Racer for all that it is. If WindSeeker makes one side better than the other I might frequent it but, I have no idea looking ahead. I think it'll be cool that they're so close though!

I will prefer Red Racer unless and until I get spat or puked on by a WindSeeker rider.....LOL

I had a thought earlier this week actually.... if it's a federal crime to spit off of the Eiffel Tower because one drop of spit could kill someone from that height, then how will riders with loose articles and riders vomiting on WS be dealt with when it is so close to the Coney Mall strip, The Racer, Action Theater walk way, and The Vortex exit? If one rider dropped just one pinny from a pocket, someone below could be killed.

Just to be safe, blue racer for me from now on and I'll be cautions around WS, till I ride WS and see how they handle things.

It is not a Federal crime. It is, as posted, a violation of Ohio law. And that same law applies throughout the park.

Nor is that the reason it is a violation of Ohio law. One drop of spit will not kill someone from up there, nor will a penny, as I can sadly personally testify in both instances. Where do you get this stuff?

Not to mention that after 39 seasons of park operation at Kings Island, exactly no one has died from being hit with an object dropped from the Eiffel Tower. Nor has anyone at Kings Dominion. Is he trying to tell us that no objects made contact with guests? As I have said, I can personally testify that I have been hit, more than once...

i've been hit by change while standing under the first drop of Diamondback, and also while taking pictures of it from the exit of the crypt (it was like a waterfall of coins, clearly the persons change was jarred out of his pocket, then the negative-g's took them on a trip.). neither no where near as high as the Eiffel Tower, but still i was hit and survived.

^ LOL My mind's eye saw you in the green wig saying that :lol:

haha, me too!

As for the poll: I'm one of the few masochists who enjoys the blue side, even on a wheel seat. I'll pick that side (if it's open) regardless of the addition of WindSeeker.

I like a woodie that throws me around.. hence why Voyage and Georgia Cyclone are on my top 5 wooden coasters..

however, with ridiculously and unnecessarily large woodies like MS or SOB (tomayto tomahto), in the past I have refused to ride anywhere but row 1.. but maybe, just maybe, they will get another chance.. IMO if you can take the beating that Georgia Cyclone gives you, you can pretty much handle any wooden coaster.. I have several friends that refer to it as the Georgia Bruiser, yet somehow it's my #3 woodie. B)

There was a time when the Cyclone at what was then Riverside (now Six Flags New England) was far more furious than the Georgia Cyclone ever thought of being. And then they raised the first drop.

Sigh.

I never got to ride the SFNE Cyclone in its former profile, but it still is a great airtime machine in the back car. Going over the lift hill you fell like your going to be thrown out of the train. :)

I prefer backwards.

I can still ride the ride backwards too! but for some odd reason the people behind me get mad(wait technically they would be in front of me if i was looking at them right?)

I was at CP one morning and went for the very last row on Magnum, and turned around to face the other way through the entirety of the ride, from lift hill to brake run. That was something else, to ride an Arrow hyper backwards.. you have no idea what's going to happen next, and seeing yourself fly out of a tunnel backwards was pretty cool. Not to mention it jarred me around quite a bit.. those bunny hills got me good. :lol:

It is not a Federal crime. It is, as posted, a violation of Ohio law. And that same law applies throughout the park.

Nor is that the reason it is a violation of Ohio law. One drop of spit will not kill someone from up there, nor will a penny, as I can sadly personally testify in both instances. Where do you get this stuff?

Yeah, Ohio Law, that's what I meant. Anyway, you should know where I got it from, the employees that ride you up the elevator to the top of the Eiffel Tower. They say no spiting or dropping anything from up there because it's against the law and it could kill someone.

To clear this up, it'll have to be taken to the Eiffel Tower department. Perhaps it was a rumor created within their department from a belief without facts to back it up.

However, by you saying spitting and dropping stuff from that height is harmless and won't kill anyone, wouldn't you be encouraging people to break the law? If it's against the law, it has to be for safety reasons.

Yeah, Ohio Law, that's what I meant. Anyway, you should know where I got it from, the employees that ride you up the elevator to the top of the Eiffel Tower. They say no spiting or dropping anything from up there because it's against the law and it could kill someone.

To clear this up, it'll have to be taken to the Eiffel Tower department. Perhaps it was a rumor created within their department from a belief without facts to back it up.

However, by you saying spitting and dropping stuff from that height is harmless and won't kill anyone, wouldn't you be encouraging people to break the law? If it's against the law, it has to be for safety reasons.

Oh yeah, I know that spit from 265 feet can kill me. That's why I don't go out in the rain drops that fall from much higher.....

i've never heard them say in the speil that dropping and item or spitting off the top of the Eiffel Tower would kill someone, if you heard it, someone added it in. i don't see the park trying to induce panic like that.

he never said it was harmless, he just said it wouldn't kill someone, big difference.

Now you are doing it again! Two things:

*It is not a pleasant guest experience to be hit with things from the tower. I believe I even told you I have been hit, with both spit and coins. It is NOT a pleasant experience.

*Many, many laws exist that have nothing to do with safety reasons. Speed limits in many places are in fact at least often perceived as being nothing but revenue producers. In school zones, yep...safety. 55 MPH existed as the national speed limit for many, many years...and the reason was not safety. Laws exist that require you to wear clothing in public. Safety has little, if anything, to do with that. In fact, there are two major classifications most American criminal law fits into: those things prohibited because they are bad by their very nature and those things prohibited because they are illegal, the legislature did the equivalent of your Mommy: "Because I said so": malum in se and malum prohibitum, respectively. Evil in and of itself and evil because it is prohibited, if you will.

And, by the way, more than once I was hit by spit from Twisted Sisters at Kentucky Kingdom...so the problem can also occur near roller coasters as well.

In any event, spitting from rides is, in my opinion, bad in and of itself, whether or not anyone can be immediately physically injured from it. You also do not take into account the possibility of contracting disease from contact with someone else's bodily fluids. It may be true that such fears are exaggerated in today's society, but they are not totally baseless. Dropping stuff is also bad, as people can be injured (and perhaps even killed...it could happen some day).

The only thing that's likely to change is the number of times I ride Racer - I'll either ride it more often (due to being in that part of the park more frequently to ride WS), or less often (due to it being close to WS and therefore attracting much larger crowds than it has in the past).