Maintenance Worker Dies at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Thoughts and prayers go out to this guys family, friends, and co-workers. There is nothing at an amusement park that is so critical that a worker shouldn't get to go home to his family at the end of each day - I'm sure Disney will learn from this, but it is sad that an accident of this magnitude will cause the learning.

There is no way proper LOTO was followed....

Unless another worker cut off the victim's lock, it is actually his fault for not locking out the power source prior to entering the ride area.

Are we sure there was power to the ride when this happened however? Could have been a situation where a train needed to be manually moved and came free...

^ That is not impossible, I just don't think it is likely.

For one of those cars to be moved (or moving as the article states) there would have to of been power to move the car off of the chain system and into a free moving state.

Now it is possible that one of the cars was at the MCBR (I don't remember if PW has one, but I assume there is), but even then, in a powered down state, the brakes in in a "closed" state.

I would like to have more detailed information, but I doubt any will be released.