Diamondback Transfer Track Video

CoasterGeek101

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid903.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fac238%2FCoasterGeek101%2FDiamondback%25202010%2F144_0460.mp4">

Here is a video of the transfer track of Diamondback. Not sure if you have seen this before, but I was in line and had a camera, so I though, "what the heck, why not"

For most people that don't go to the park every single day for ERT, among other times at the park and see the transfer track it is a big deal.

For one, you're talking about a multi-million dollar piece of machinery being used daily that no matter what it does, is beyond exciting.

For another thing, don't ever discredit someone for seeing something that they find interesting that you find minuscule. Part of someones day at the park can be just experiencing simple things like the transfer track moving, riding the KI&MVRR, etc. If you don't think something is cool that someone else does (i.e. transfer track), then let them know something about the first time you saw the track move, how it made you feel, etc. Make the effort to get to know someone by having a good dialog with someone before just pushing their thoughts aside and making them feel like crap. It's not about who's seen the most things at the park, it's about the friendships you make and continue to let them grow instead of burning bridges.

I do apologize CoasterGeek101 for what the topic has turned to from your OP.

I am glad that you got a video of the transfer track, some people do see it but most don't get it captured on "film". As I said in my post previous to this, I think it's amazing to see a 22 million dollar ride operate in all senses.

I do apologize CoasterGeek101 for what the topic has turned to from your OP.

I am glad that you got a video of the transfer track, some people do see it but most don't get it captured on "film". As I said in my post previous to this, I think it's amazing to see a 22 million dollar ride operate in all senses.

It's okay man. I posted this because I thought some people may not have seen this.

Josh, who also gawks at minuscule engineering aspects of things, such as this.

I'm sure the engineer who worked hard to design it, have it built, and made sure it was working correctly doesn't consider it a "minuscule" aspect :)

But I understand your point, there are many times I find myself fascinated by how something is engineered or constructed and enjoy this type of video.

I'm quite glad this was posted. I've ridden it ~60 times (not a lot by some standards but far more than most park guests), including quite a few during ERT, and hadn't seen this.

I can't believe you were criticized for posting an almost-behind-the-scenes video about something at Kings Island on a forum called Kings Island Central. Next time, I guess post only if it involves what Don Helbig had for breakfast that day or something.