fast pass

son of beast214

Firehawk is really the only ride that gets super huge lines, and you can avoid those if you're smart. So, no, especially since something like Flash Pass at SF would make the lines longer for everyone else.

Actually, adding a ,"Fast Pass," system to Firehawk would be the worst ride to add to it. Adding the pass would just make the line slower and longer for everyone else.

Actually, adding a ,"Fast Pass," system to Firehawk would be the worst ride to add to it. Adding the pass would just make the line slower and longer for everyone else.

I think you miss the intent and benefit of the Fast Pass system (since we are using the Disney name). The idea is to get people out of the line enjoying something else at the park. While the standby line would move slower, there would also be less people in it in all likelihood (people will only wait so long and others have a pass to come back at a defined time). It is also fair as everyone has the same opportunity to obtain passes. Other pay to line jump type systems (q-bot style) are not as friendly to the normal patron.

well they could charge $30 a day or make a pass $120 for year round fast pass+ all gold pass perks

Cedar Fair.

$5.99 Pepsi on closing day at Cedar Point.

At Great Adventure, one can easily pay more than $100 for some forms of Q-Bot for a DAY.

And I have never seen ANY park offer a year 'round upcharged line skipping system. It sort of defeats the purpose...

As has been said, the major purpose of such systems is to get people out of lines so they can spend more money...and the people who can pay the money for such a system are the ones who can afford to spend more money, almost by definition. And before someone tells me about how Disney doesn't charge for fast pass, remember that the gate/admissions pricing structure at Disney may already have the cost of that system built into it...and thus the entire PARK system already winnows out those who might otherwise be clogging lines. By the way, many parks see season passholders as a major 'problem' in that regard. Cedar Fair long held that philosophy, bought Paramount Parks, tried to wean Paramount Parks off the many perks that PP had offered (starting with free gold pass parking, which was to return) and watched season pass sales drop precipitously....they soon were appreciating season passholders, but not to the extent some parks, like Dollywood and even Six Flags do...Where, for instance, is the across the board discount for food and merchandise?

By the way, Cedar Fair experimented with a free skip the line system at Cedar Point, called Freelane. They did so as Six Flags Worlds of Adventure was offering Flash Pass....It involved lining up in the park at a specified time to get a rubber stamp on your forearm that allowed you to ride one of the two chosen rides of the day during a specified window (which varied about every 500 guests, in half hour...or sometimes full hour increments). Two such opportunities were offered each day, and the lines were typically on opposite sides of the park and sometimes not near the ride they pertained to. It actually worked quite well, but was dropped after a season or two.

In an ironic twist, Universal was actually one of the first to have a free queueing system open to all park guests. Their "Universal Express" was nearly identical to Disney's current Fastpass system, with the return-times and the print-off tickets. Once the system was successfully mimicked by Disney, Universal discontinuined it, keeping only what had been the upcharge version, Universal Express Plus - which allowed you to use the Express queue without all of that pesky return-time waiting.

So today, Universal has "Universal Express Pass Plus," even though there is no un-plussed version remaining.

And I, too, posted a topic wondering aloud what sort of system could be implemented at Kings Island. I guess it just irritates me when I travel. For example, when my friends and I take a massive trip to Virginia, we enjoy getting Busch Garden's QuickQueue. And look, I know all about the morality discussion - is it right to pay to cut in line? But when you're on vacation - enthusiast or not - it's extraordinarily relaxing to go to sleep knowing that you're waking up and going to an amusement park where you won't have to wait in lines.

So it's sort of annoying that Kings Dominion doesn't offer a similar system. The line for Volcano or Intimidator or Grizzly or Dominator or Flight of Fear can get quite long... What would be the harm in offering a $30 wristband that allows you to enter through the exit one time for each major ride? It's as simple as marking the exit as the Quick Queue entrance, and then roping off one row of a coaster so that guests don't line up for that particular row.

It doesn't require fancy machines that print-off tickets (Disney) or barcode scanning (Universal) or even the Q-Bot technology (Six Flags or Dollywood). It really can be as simple as a little card you keep in your wallet where ride attendants with permanent markers cross off their ride once you've ridden it, and a wristband to make sure you didn't just use your friends card. And honestly, that would be a good thing to sell on peak days during the summer.

Because let's face it. Monday - Friday, the longest line at Kings Island is not more than 15 minutes (except for Firehawk).

• 2 months later...

I honestly did not like the "Fast Pass" when I visited Disneyland a few years ago. It made the regular que line move very slow because they alternate on letting about 20 fast pass guests to go to near the loading station and 20 regular guests go after them a few minutes later. Before I went to DL I read an unoffical guide to it. It said that the ride capacity was some where around 200 guests every 2 1/2 minutes supposing that the line moves very fast. It didn't seem to move this fast at first. But, once you get past the fast pass guest/ regular guest seperating location, It moved extremely fast. I was amazed! Every few moments a huge chunk of people would move down the line. This is why I didn't like the fast pass. Yeah it's nice when you actually get one and you'll get on the ride quickly; but when you don't have one you better go to the bathroom before you get in line :D . Sorry if my explanation of the fast pass system might've been a little confusing but I do know exactly how it runs for I have only been to DL once. I just hope you guys somewhat understand what I'm saying.

they did have a fast pass system for gold pass holders a couple years ago. i can tell you that it frusterated everyone including employees because the gold pass holders still had to wait for some rides and the guests in the regular line complained and the employees had to deal with all the complaints about it from everyone.