Dinosaurs Alive: The Poll

McSalsa

I am anxious to go through it and to see it from above on Drop Tower or WindSeeker. I will pay the fee a couple of times maybe but if Skyflyer or Slingshot is 5 dollars, I will pay that before I pay to go through the Dino's.

Repeated for wisdom:

Well I think this is to compete with the Creation Museum since they are building their own amusement park. (Or it's another company and it is by it). I am not very excited about it but will defiantly see it. I saw the same thing with the same logo at a museum and it was alright. I think it is a good decision as it will draw more families to the park and towards the back of the park. The $5 admission fee is reasonable I guess but I doubt I will see this multiple times because of it. All in all, Kings Island made a good decision...

Methinks this might have been some sort of intentional blow towards the Bible Park, meant to discourage their plans from coming into fruition?

If so, this move mirrors the Kings Island expansion of Action Zone, which discouraged Six Flags' future plans for Kentucky Kingdom.

• Like 1

They are advertising this attraction to be 12.5 wooded acres! This is very small, as anyone who may remember when Boomerang Bay first opened as Water Works (with only 6 water rides) was advertised as 30 acres, and only took several minutes to walk through it all.

For more than 60 life-sized dinosaurs and 56 of them being animatronic models, I would imagine they will be very close together. So for a walk through this will be better for the younger kids that don't like to walk or stand too much.

It would be cool if the park could somehow add real life actors to this, to maybe show how a meat eating dinosaur ate cave people or perhaps have the animatronic dinosaurs chase people and make it like an interactive stage performance set outdoors.

Anyone with kids will see this at least once.

I do have a few questions I would still like answered, and maybe they have the answers. If dinosaurs were real, why can't I dig one up in my own back yard and if all we have are bones to go by for information about what they looked like, then how do we know they all had reptile skin?

It is NOT "very small." For reference, Camden Park in Huntington, WV is 8 acres, and that INCLUDES the parking lot.

The walk is more than 4000 feet. I'd be more concerned that some guests won't make it all that way. There is plenty of room for spacing.

Methinks you seriously underestimate Kings Island and Dinosaurs Alive...

As for those last questions, there is a place in Northern Kentucky with alternative answers, but this is not the place for that argument/controversy/difference of opinion.

It would be cool if the park could somehow add real life actors to this, to maybe show how a meat eating dinosaur ate cave people or perhaps have the animatronic dinosaurs chase people and make it like an interactive stage performance set outdoors.

Anyone with kids will see this at least once.

I do have a few questions I would still like answered, and maybe they have the answers. If dinosaurs were real, why can't I dig one up in my own back yard and if all we have are bones to go by for information about what they looked like, then how do we know they all had reptile skin?

I think you should just stick with visiting the creation museum.

I'm actually *very* glad it's a walkthrough and not a ridethrough. Since you're walking, you can stop to take pictures and take as much time as you want looking at the displays. A ridethrough runs at a set speed and doesn't give opportunities for you to take pictures with the displays, etc.

I'm actually *very* glad it's a walkthrough and not a ridethrough. Since you're walking, you can stop to take pictures and take as much time as you want looking at the displays. A ridethrough runs at a set speed and doesn't give opportunities for you to take pictures with the displays, etc.

I do have to agree in a way. When it was first announced I didn’t like that it was a walk through. but after I thought about it for a few minutes, as you said, since it is a walk through you can take as much time as you want, and you would be able to enjoy it more as where if it was a ride, you can only enjoy it for as long as the ride lasts. This way you can take your time, go at your own pace and get good photos of whatever you like and know that the picture will turn out great. I will definitely go through it once and possibly a second time if not more the next season. I know for a fact I will take my time looking at everything if you have to pay every time you go through it which I’m sure is how they are going to have it. I think it would look neat at night with strategically placed lights throughout even though I know it will not be open during the night. I love the idea that they are bringing something like this to the park even though I’m not too happy about the fee for it. But hey, you can’t always be happy about everything I suppose. All in all I think it will be a good addition to the park.

1. Answer to First Question: Ohio History Central-Dinosaur Fossils

2. Answer to Second Question: Dinosaur Fossil Skin Impression Photos

Back on topic, I will check this attraction out a couple of times this year.

Violent much?

Your ideas don't make much sense. This would make kids stay away from it, leaving adults/teens going to it....which leads to people not wanting to pay....and so on.

But, it would be kind of cool if that happened ^_^

Horrible idea, as far as I'm concerned..

I won't be going to DA, I do not want to pay an upcharge to fund ridiculous animatronics repairs.

Its going to be such an expensive venture for KI, it won't last long..

I would have really REALLY liked to see that money go towards a big attraction (not animatronics) for the 40 year - if this is what we get, I'm going to be seriously disappointed.

How does this even tie into the park, AT ALL?! Even if KI was a theme park, it wouldn't fit...