Dinosaurs Alive! is coming to Kings Island in 2011

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on delerium rather consistently and do not notice any bad operations to it. I agree with BrownTGR (i think i got that right)- it was installed as a new concept.... 2-years of tweaks and improvements came before Kinzel visited KI prior to the installation of MaxxAir (anyone remember that visit? Who knew?)

I continue to be "befuddled" as to why all of the theming was ripped out of TR / Crypt. if the theming is extraordinary- people will excuse a lame ride if the effects are there. Now if has neither. The cost of the building likely exceeds the benefit received from having the ride. I don't know if I see KI removing the ride- though they would likely tear the building down first.... i think the ride would be much more thrilling as an open air ride to a building with no effects.

SOB- I can't believe that they haven't established a plan for it yet ("Reopening in 2012" or "Cheap Firewood for Sale").

NOW- Dinosaur Alive.... can you imagine the "new" attraction that will most likely be rolled out in that area for Haunt this year. You better shine your "Fast Pass" for that by early May. Of all the attractions they have for Haunt, I could imagine what "could" come from this would scare the &^$(*Q$#@ out of anyone.

^

A while back, Kings Island posted up on either their blog or their facebook page something about the Crypt's downtime rates having decreased, but (apparently) made a spelling error, having used the word 'downtown', instead. The whole ordeal led to quite a lot of eccentric speculation all over these boards.

Here's but one of the topics that posting spawned... http://www.KICentral...opic=20859&st=0

And welcome to KICentral!

^

A while back, Kings Island posted up on either their blog or their facebook page something about the Crypt's downtime rates having decreased, but (apparently) made a spelling error, having used the word 'downtown', instead. The whole ordeal led to quite a lot of eccentric speculation all over these boards.

Here's but one of the topics that posting spawned... http://www.KICentral...opic=20859&st=0

And welcome to KICentral!

And in fact, they made the same mistake twice, in two separate posts.

I also find it funny that in the article about Jeff Gramke it states that they never missed a deadline. Oh really? What was originally supposed to open on April 9, 2000 to "pawprint" pass holders, but didn`t end up opening until April 28th, then was shuttered for a few weeks so "adjustments" could be made?

I also find it funny that in the article about Jeff Gramke it states that they never missed a deadline. Oh really? What was originally supposed to open on April 9, 2000 to "pawprint" pass holders, but didn`t end up opening until April 28th, then was shuttered for a few weeks so "adjustments" could be made?

What is this "thing" that was supposed to open in 2000? There is "nothing" at the park that coincides with the year 2000. Especially not some sort of huge roller coaster.;)

NOW- Dinosaur Alive.... can you imagine the "new" attraction that will most likely be rolled out in that area for Haunt this year. You better shine your "Fast Pass" for that by early May. Of all the attractions they have for Haunt, I could imagine what "could" come from this would scare the &^$(*Q$#@ out of anyone.

Given the fact that, instead of going for this:

werewolf.jpg

...they went with this:

425.wolfpack.newmoon.042209.jpg

...with last year's Wolf Pack maze, I don't see anything good coming out if they do decide to utilize DA! as a Haunt attraction, even with LIFE-SIZED DINOSAURS STARING THEM RIGHT IN THE FACE. And considering said attraction is essentially taking the place of where Trail of Terror used to reside, I'm assuming they may have to use DA! to make up for the loss.

To be honest, now that I think of it, with the way Wolf Pack turned out, I'm really not looking forward to seeing how they do whatever new maze they decide to install for this year, especially if it's to be the long-rumored and much-long-awaited Doll Factory maze.

I expect that'll be the case, but another viable option is that it may just be there to drum up publicity, and will be moved back into the attraction once it actually opens. After all, it's probably got a spot back there waiting for it, but if it's ready to go, they might as well use it at the front of the park to get people excited about the exhibit.

You're right, I forgot about that! For all the new people here, apparently I and others hate America because we think the flagpoles behind the Kings Island sign block the view of the Eiffel Tower. :rolleyes:

Try wearing a "Hannity Lies" tshirt on freedom concert day!