• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I could see in this video was no flagpoles. :D :D :D

ROAR!!!!

Video courtesy of Kings Island Online

http://www.youtube.c...ngsIslandOnline

(Edit: Looks like standbyme and Cedarpointer beat me on this note... glad to know I wasn't the only one crossing my fingers. :blink:)

Seems like it is sitting to the right of the sign and flag poles to me, but I may be wrong. Look at the fountains in the back!

KI is not the only entertainment venue jumping on the dinosaur scale:

The American Museum of Natural History is opening a new exhibit today called The World’s Largest Dinosaurs that gives visitors a new perspective on the giant sauropod known as Mamenchisaurus. This exhibition goes beyond the usual fossils and looks at the science behind how this long-necked, long-tailed dinosaur thrived for 140 million years.

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/04/the-worlds-largest-dinosaurs/

That's not going to be there the whole season, is it?

rolleyes.gif

I sure hope not! That thing is just as much of an eyesore as the one by the road! It would be a shame to have something repulsive like this blocking the view

of the beautiful fountains! I didn't like the Paramount logo blocking them back in the day, either. When you come into the park, you should be dazzled by

the majesty of the fountains shooting up into the sky! Not seeing some repulsive looking dinosaur! I will add that to my list of complaints that I am taking

in with me on opening day!

Dinosaurs, did they really exist anyway? If they did, they didn't live 350 million years ago, as Kings Island's "fun facts" would lead you to believe! The earth did not

even exist that long ago, so how could dinosaurs?

rolleyes.gif

I sure hope not! That thing is just as much of an eyesore as the one by the road! It would be a shame to have something repulsive like this blocking the view

of the beautiful fountains! I didn't like the Paramount logo blocking them back in the day, either. When you come into the park, you should be dazzled by

the majesty of the fountains shooting up into the sky! Not seeing some repulsive looking dinosaur! I will add that to my list of complaints that I am taking

Dinosaurs, did they really exist anyway? If they did, they didn't live 350 million years ago, as Kings Island's "fun facts" would lead you to believe! The earth did not

I would beg to differ, but I don't think this is the place to get into that argument. Maybe you would learn some cool scientific facts if you went through Dinosaurs Alive. :lol:

Anyway, yea it does seem like a nice photo op, and it doesn't seem to block the view of the fountain. It is more off to the side. I can't wait to see more of Dinosaurs Alive. It seems like a really cool educational experience that is fun too!

You shold look more closely at the picture before your constant pessimism starts.

The dinosaur display is not in the center of the fountain where a majority of picture are taken.

Where, on Earth, do you get your information?

The Earth itself is 3.8 to 3.9 billion years old.

Wow, I didn't see this as a necessary attraction for educational purposes:wacko:

What's next, the sun is the center of the universe and not Earth... Heresy I say!

I can't wait for Photos with the Dinos.

Honestly, those complaining are simply proving that they don't understand marketing, finance or the amusement industry (stopping there out of courtesy). Not that I'm an expert but, this is probably going to be a cash cow for CF with much less effort and investment, on their part, than other equally lucrative additions.

I also find it funny that in the article about Jeff Gramke it states that they never missed a deadline. Oh really? What was originally supposed to open on April 9, 2000 to "pawprint" pass holders, but didn`t end up opening until April 28th, then was shuttered for a few weeks so "adjustments" could be made?

Glad to see I wasn't the only one to think of that situation, but I refrained from pointing that one out. I'll never be able to forget the infamous pawprint season passes, as that whole situation is throughly entrenched in my brain for some reason. B)

To be honest, now that I think of it, with the way Wolf Pack turned out, I'm really not looking forward to seeing how they do whatever new maze they decide to install for this year, especially if it's to be the long-rumored and much-long-awaited Doll Factory maze.

If they ever do Doll Factory, I'd be quite happy if it's like Happy Jack's at CP. There may be better ones out there that I'm not aware of (my haunt mazes have admittedly been limited to CP and KI the past several years), but I thoroughly enjoy Happy Jack's.

What's next, the sun is the center of the universe and not Earth... Heresy I say!

What? And here I thought the sun was just the center of the solar system, not the entire universe! (Just havin' some fun with you Gibson! ;))

Everyone seems to assume that KI will make DA a haunt trail. Keep in mind they're charging 5 bucks a head to walk through it all day, so If they do make a maze out of it, I bet you'll be shelling out extra money to go through it during Haunt. How much would you pay?

Everyone seems to assume that KI will make DA a haunt trail. Keep in mind they're charging 5 bucks a head to walk through it all day, so If they do make a maze out of it, I bet you'll be shelling out extra money to go through it during Haunt. How much would you pay?

I completely see where you are coming from, but you also have to remember DA closes at sun down, not with rest of the park. Meaning, there probably isn't a whole bunch of lighting, so I'm assuming at night, you won't be able to see much. I think DA is a great opportunity for a haunt, I just doubt the dinosaurs would be involved in any particular way, besides simply sitting there.

You really think so? Or could take those profits to help build the haunt...

I wouldn't say everyone's assuming it will be a haunt trail. In fact, I would be very surprised if they do make it one. It's a possibilty that they might, especially given that the site was the location of the popular Trail of Terror, but I just don't see them incorporating the dinos into a Haunt attraction. I could be wrong though.

That is, assuming the dinosaurs will still be there that time of year.

I don't imagine the animatronics being left out during the off-season, and along with that, DA will only have 11 days of daylight hours after Sept. 5th.

Given that, I expect DA to be closed down after Sept. 5th.

rolleyes.gif

It would be a shame to have something repulsive like this blocking the view

Just go enjoy the fountains at Cedar Point instead.

The fountain at Cedar Point was removed 3 years ago, in lieu of one of those kiddie water splash things that you run through.