Dinosaurs Alive! is coming to Kings Island in 2011

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ That would mean the actual owner (of all the DA exhibits) not only sold KI the dinosaurs, but is allowing them to use the trademarked DA name, likeness, pictures etc.

Typically, that only happens with a rental agreement and does not happen with an actual sale.

Everyone seems to assume that KI will make DA a haunt trail. Keep in mind they're charging 5 bucks a head to walk through it all day, so If they do make a maze out of it, I bet you'll be shelling out extra money to go through it during Haunt. How much would you pay?

The only reason that assumption was (supposedly) made is because DA! takes up residence of the forest that ToT resides in, and it's the most popular Haunt attraction they have.

Everyone seems to assume that KI will make DA a haunt trail. Keep in mind they're charging 5 bucks a head to walk through it all day, so If they do make a maze out of it, I bet you'll be shelling out extra money to go through it during Haunt. How much would you pay?

The only reason that assumption was (supposedly) made is because DA! takes up residence of the forest that ToT resides in, and it's the most popular Haunt attraction they have.

Instead of getting off on the tangent of if the assumption has supposedly or not been made regarding KI making a maze out of DA, my point was regarding the upcharge of the attraction during the day and if anyone would be willing to pay extra to go through a haunt maze.

Kind of like paying extra to sit in the front row and taste midget sweat

Instead of getting off on the tangent of if the assumption has supposedly or not been made regarding KI making a maze out of DA, my point was regarding the upcharge of the attraction during the day and if anyone would be willing to pay extra to go through a haunt maze.

Again, you are also assuming that:

1) DA will even be available that time of year

2) If it was available it would be open during haunt hours

3) It still would be an upcharge, again, if available.

^ I'm not the one assuming, I'm simply reading other posts. I'm posing a question because other posters have considered DA will become the new ToT.

Here it is again:

Would you pay extra to go through a Haunt Maze involving DA?

I ASSUMED this question wouldn't be so complicated!

Here it is again:

So others are getting off on a tangent assuming DA may be a trail for haunt, but you have not assumed anything, yet asked the question about an upcharge about the assumed haunt trail even though we have no idea if it will even be around during haunt?

Perhaps it's just me, but the assumptions are numerous concerning the whole topic.

^ I'm not the one assuming, I'm simply reading other posts. I'm posing a question because other posters have considered DA will become the new ToT.

Here it is again:

I ASSUMED this question wouldn't be so complicated!

I see nothing complicated about your question and understand your frustrations following. To answer I would gladly pay a little extra for a Haunt maze with a few IF's attached. It would need to be considerably better and more interactive than the free with admission mazes. It would need need to have shorter waits than a free one.

I see nothing complicated about your question and understand your frustrations following. To answer I would gladly pay a little extra for a Haunt maze with a few IF's attached. It would need to be considerably better and more interactive than the free with admission mazes. It would need need to have shorter waits than a free one.

If it's on par with a maze like Urgent Scare or Wolf Pack in terms of aesthetics and atmosphere, then I'd be fine with paying extra for it. But if it resembles Slaughterhouse or, more closely, Tombstone Terrortory, then no, I wouldn't want to pay extra for said attraction.

Also, I don't know about the rest of you, but when I think of an upcharge maze, I think more along the lines of what's called an "extreme" house, to where the attraction can be set up to only have a single person go through on their very own (look up Busch Gardens' ALONE house from last year's Howl-o-Scream event), and the park can get away with more than they're allowed to (touching guests, utilizing water gags, etc) and offer more interactivity if signing a waiver is involved (Dead Acres in Columbus is your best bet to fully grasp the idea of an "extreme" house).

But to have an attraction like that (or just a haunted attraction in general) encompassing a 4,000 foot trail is a pretty daunting task. Urgent Scare is 3,000 feet long, and for those who went through it its debut season should remember how many people it took to staff THAT attraction. Also, look at both ToT and Tombstone to see how particularly barren they are when it comes to spooky scenery being added to outdoor paths.

Now in terms of the length of wait for said upcharge attraction, it would have some length to it because it would be brand new, but it would be drastically shorter than a line for, say, Wolf Pack or Massacre Manor, simply due to that extra charge.

Just some food for thought. :)

Dinosaurs, did they really exist anyway? If they did, they didn't live 350 million years ago, as Kings Island's "fun facts" would lead you to believe! The earth did not

even exist that long ago, so how could dinosaurs?

Not to beat a dead horse by coming back to this, but I hope that this new exhibit helps bring out the scientific counter-arguments to your viewpoint regarding the age of the Earth. The Cincinnati area is abundant in fossils from the Ordovician Age, approximately 450 million years ago. However, in spite of the Old-Earth evidence that is literally under our feet and noses, the Young-Earth idea is considered by many in this region as "mainstream." Our area even features a Creation Museum that was advertised by the Reds at GABP last year. The fact that a major attraction in this area will be presenting the scientific evidence for an Earth that is much older than ancient texts proclaim is a positive thing for fans of science and knowledge.

Edited to un-capitalize "region."

Re-edited to make "450" "450 million"

a. 450 years ago?

b. The link is to an article about a distance learning grad....

Epic fail on my part. Edited to fix. I just got rid of the link for now. I guess that was some sort of redirect issue. Everything I can find on Google now is about a book. Thanks for the editorial comments!

I see nothing complicated about your question and understand your frustrations following.

There isn't. It's just that some people love to nit pick every thing to death rather than just answer.

Very well put. Thank You

GEEZ I hope someone opens some thrill rides around here SOON!!! The enthusiasts are obviously very restless.

When you get paid largely to be an editor, it's hard to stop...oh, wait...I'm not gonna stop doing that....even here...

Terp, who tries to be ever helpful...except when he's being snide!

Well, just how largely do editors get paid these days? :D

Not largely enough, I can assure you...but then again, I also do paper shredding! :)

Terp, who spend most of the day shedding paper and shredding paper...oh that he was young enough that most of his files were of the electronic variety (and why can I take a removable hard drive with me but not removable media?...Oh, never mind...bordering on saying too much yet again..pardon me while I go over in the corner and face this book....not...)