Kings Island 2012 Ideas Thread

firehawkboy

(keep in mind, i like to use my imagination when thinking, however I keep things reasonable) (:

1. New, bigger coaster in 2012 for 40th.

- Wingwalker(Intamin or B&M), 4D Coaster, Intamin Giga(356ft) - which I would love if it went all throughout the park(flybys)

or

2. The SOB rehab to get that bad boy redone like Texas Giant recieved.

- Do exactly what Texas Giant did and redo it, such as;

- Make lift hill taller, steeper drop, lower to the ground at higher speeds w/ 90 degree angle turns, perhaps longer, somehow cushion the forceful areas of the track, and

BRING BACK THE LOOP

or

3. Best choice of all, better food choices. Maybe;

Long John Silvers - Amazing, it'd fit just fine anywhere.

Sonic - Tear down that smoothie place and put in that area, minus the rollerskates

Take out/tear down Wings & slap in either:

Golden Corral - $20/person, all you can eat? Sounds reasonable.

Fridays - Smaller portions so itll be reasonable pricing, have a oversized patio over look the DB splashdown?

Or even just a designated food court?

- How are these ideas sounding to you guys??

- Give your thoughts & ideas. Lets see what all we could come up with.

Has the catch phrase "KIXL" been thought of already? That's what I'd call the 2012 season. KI for Kings Island, and XL for 40.

Now,

IF they haven't thought of it for 2011, then I'd be happy with a return to appropriate background music in each of the areas, especially International Street.

I wouldn't go to a Golden Corral at Kings Island if it was 30 cents.

Although I am not pleased with Kings Island's food prices, I am more upset at the variety and quality of the offerings. Kings Island used to have splendid, unique food offerings, with items prepared from scratch in the park by what could only be called chefs, cooks and connoisseurs. Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end, we'd sing and dance forever and a day....

Golden Corral - $30/person, all you can eat? Sounds reasonable.

Hell no that doesn't sound reasonable.

You CRAZY, lol.

Yes I agree, $15 a person is better. I like option 2, SOB getting the texas giant thing. SOB is a great lay out, and if it were steel it would be cool, and the tallest and fastest hybrid coaster.

It's my fault actually. Firehawkboy posted this in Kings Island originally and I tried to refer him to the 2012 thread, but I think I got my links crossed... sorry.

Not your fault at all. I guess I missed the other threads about 2012 ideas. Keep in mind, Im coming back onto KICentral after maybe 3-4 months of not being on here. :(

So I hope nobody gets upset with me posting a "double post".

There are just sooo many threads/posts to look through. haha.

I wouldn't go to a Golden Corral at Kings Island if it was 30 cents.

Although I am not pleased with Kings Island's food prices, I am more upset at the variety and quality of the offerings. Kings Island used to have splendid, unique food offerings, with items prepared from scratch in the park by what could only be called chefs, cooks and connoisseurs. Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end, we'd sing and dance forever and a day....

Yeah i wish i was around back then when the food was better. Hell everything was better.

Golden Corral - $30/person, all you can eat? Sounds reasonable.

Hell no that doesn't sound reasonable.

You CRAZY, lol.

Wow, I meant to put $20. Thats my fault there. I apologize. And you gotta think too, its Kings Island pricing too. ;)

Still crazy, lol. I'm not really a fan of Golden Corral and feel the $10 a person here in town is to much.

Haven't ate there in quite sometime. During our last visit, we watched a woman behind the bar making food. She sneezed into her hand and went right back to making her food. We got up, told the manager what her nasty employee did and walked out the door.

For 2012: A crackdown on line jumpers.

Last year I was told that an employee needs to witness it or there need to be a whole lot of witnesses for them to do anything about it. Makes sense, they probably want to avoid a lawsuit from someone who says they were being picked on because of their race or something. But I don't know... anyone know more?

For 2012: A crackdown on line jumpers.

Last year I was told that an employee needs to witness it or there need to be a whole lot of witnesses for them to do anything about it. Makes sense, they probably want to avoid a lawsuit from someone who says they were being picked on because of their race or something. But I don't know... anyone know more?

I would like to see them use cameras.

You`d be surprised. At Coney, where there are VERY few rides that actually have any type of a queue line, I have witnessed line jumping. How so? Rock O Plane`s line has a chain from the stairs up to the ride platform to a planter (a distance of maybe six feet). This planter serves as a sort of queue line, separating the line from the main midway. On busy weekends, Rock O Planes normally has a line because of its low capacity and loading only one car at a time. You`d be surprised how many people over the years I`ve seen duck under the chain, and cut in front of the entire line. All while I am standing at the entrance gate (a mere three to four feet from where the infraction is occurring). When I see them do that, I call them out on it, and send them back to the end of the line. Its even worse when they try to say they had been in line, and then I have to quip back that I just saw them duck under the chain and cut in front of all the guests patiently waiting in line.