EnterTRAINment Junction

jdawg1998

Hey guys! To rid you of offseason blues, I have a different kind of trip report. It's a trip report of me and EnterTRAINment Junction! If you haven't heard of it, please go to it sometime if you have the chance! If you want to read this, it will take you probably ten minutes, but, you don't have to!

First, let me just start off with my report, then a review of it.

I have been here before, but only to see the train display. This time was much different. So, my grandparents took me (my grandpa is a big trian guy) along with my little sister. Right away we started going through the train display, seeing coal mines, little towns, pioneers, and even a forest fire. The displays are split up from Old train times, to Middle train age, then to now. Very nice setup. About halfway through my sister and I went into "Imagination Junction", a place where children ages 2-8 can have lots of fun! She rode a little train that went around a fake tree at one mph for $1. Pointless, but she liked it. They also had a huge playset, which, I had more fun on than my sister. :P

After the train display, I entered the funhouse. Gotta say, I've never liked them. But this was so interesting. First I went into the space funhouse. (review below). Next the mirror maze, clown college, and the curtain chaos. After that we ate some 25 cent hot dogs (a special sale was going on) and my my - great food for this place!

REVIEWS

Train Display - Best train display I've seen! Hills, tunnels, towns, and the littlest of details (such as racoons invading a trash can) were scattered around. I could have spent all day just looking at everything, admiring how realistic it looked. The modern train display was amazing. They actually made replicas of buildings, such as a Fed-Ex headquarters. They were so tall! You could also see the subway, if you crouched down. There was a little glass window with a subway! Amazing train display - this could be the only thing there and I would have a lot of fun. 10/10

Imagination Junction - Sure, it's for little kids, but it was a very nice kids area. The fort was clean as can be. Not one "gross" thing I found. For your conveinence they even had hand sanitizer outside the fort! There was also a small Thomas the Train Engine display for the kids, as well as an interactive train where you would control it. 8/10.

Amazen Funhouse - Yes, it was a"maze"en. You enter in a circus like midway, with a Zoltar machine (the movie Big, anyone?). There was a very nice man who told me all the things I could go in. Great service! First was the space section. That was intense! The first part has flashing sparkling lights in a silver, narrow hallway. Enterting through different curtains, you see planets hanging from the ceiling, neon lights and cool space facts on signs. There's also a spot that makes you jump. And a really cool Vortex tunnel that makes you feel like you're spinning upside down. The last part is a simulation of a black hole. You have to walk through these airbag like things with your face and body squished between them! 10/10. Clown College - typical funhouse, but very cool. There are pictures of clowns and stuff, just for kids. It was all very colorful. There's a never ending corridor with mirrors. There's a really cool room that if you walk to one end you look smaller than at the other. The tilt room in it was really fun too. It was a challenge to walk up it. There was a bar you could hang from to simulate a trapeze artist. 7/10. Mirror/Curtain Maze - these were two different things, but this report is getting long! The mirror maze was very challenging - I eventually just found the entrance and walked out that way! The curtain maze was also hard, and if you found dead ends there would be a little message that would make fun of you. 8/10.

So, I hope this tempts you to check this place out if you haven't already!

I've been there two times because my little brother LOVES trains. It isn't the most exciting thing for me but the size and effort put into it is impressive. AT Christmas time they had a bunch of little Santas hiding around the display. We spent like 3 hours looking for them :P

I love trains and have always been fascinated by model trains. I mean I have a train that goes around the ceiling of my bedroom. But yet, I have never made it out to EnterTrainMent Junction. That is definitely on my list of things to do, sooner rather than later.

I was there last July, the train display is amazing! Yes it does go though three periods is was different from other layouts, and just the amount of detail. Two weekends ago on the 12 while railfanning at Glendale (A great place to watch trains were the old depot is) I was told that they had a scaled down version of the Norfolk Western 611 steam engine on display. So after watching a 100 plus car train being pulled by Norfolk Southern :D we headed over there but the displays there closed at six pm so we came back the next day. Here's some pictures.

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-2.jpg

9-1.jpg

IMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7806.jpg

IMG_7811.jpg

And a picture from Glendale,

IMG_7510.jpg

Ah, yes, the mighty 611. One of the finest locomotives ever built, I have had the pleasure of riding behind the 611 through West Virginia's New River Gorge on Bridge Day back in the 1980's and early 1990's. A grand machine it is. More about it here (WARNING: huge download...don't even try without broadband):

http://files.asme.org/ASMEORG/Communities/History/Landmarks/5609.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, yes, the mighty 611. One of the finest locomotives ever built, I have had the pleasure of riding behind the 611 through West Virginia's New River Gorge on Bridge Day back in the 1980's and early 1990's. A grand machine it is. More about it here (WARNING: huge download...don't even try without broadband):

http://files.asme.org/ASMEORG/Communities/History/Landmarks/5609.pdf

Great find there Interpreter, the 611 is one of the finest steam engines in the world. I'm a fan of both Class J 611 and the Class A 1218, here's a video I found Norfolk Southern made in the 80's. :D

"Going Home"

I have exactly zero interest in trains but still LOVE EnterTRAINment Junction. I recommend going through the train display twice on your visit - once just to check it out and the second time to do the scavenger hunt. You'll never believe how much you'll miss if you're not looking!!

I remember building train models with my dad, and going to EJ brought those memories back. After three trips, I took my nephews and my dad with me, and they absolutely loved it. My nephews are STILL talking about it, and it was close to a year ago now.

• 5 months later...