Interesting over night webcam observations

Hendrick

So, after seeing a few of those "WindSeeker timelapse", I decided I wanted to make my own. Long story short, I made a script that simply saves the image to the server in fifteen minute intervals, and every night, I go and download them. Well, while doing this, I have run across two things, and at the urging of a friend, I decided to post them here. Here is the first one, which is not all that interesting.

From 1:15am on 3/19/2011.

03_19_20110115.jpg

Notice the light on The Racer's one hill. It was only on for that time shot. Sort of strange that they were working back there at 1:15am.

Now, for my other shot. This one is strange. There was no sign of activity before, or after this shot. But, last night (this morning), at 3:30a at night, here is what I captured.

30.jpg

Just thought I share.

(This gives a whole new meaning to Terpy's post about the things that have been caught at Cedar Points webcams before.)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that the police officer standing on the right hand side of the picture (on the ride pad)? :huh:

great find, by the way!

I'm not so sure that is the officer. Doesn't quite look like a police uniform. He more seems to be frozen at the sight of the car, just how they are standing.

Any idea what color Mason police cars are?

Edit: According to this article, the guy in the picture is not a part of Mason Police, simply because of the white pants, verses the black pants in the picture provided in the link.

Edited by Hendrick

Nobody was working back there at 1:15 AM. I can guarantee you that. So the fact that the light came on is rather strange. However, the second picture appears to be nothing more than security making their rounds.

I've never seen them before. I've only been taking pictures for the last 5 days or so, and they are at 15 minute intervals, so it doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't between shots. I just would think that they might of popped up before.

By the way, the lights were also on around 5am that same morning as the first image. Again, only for one shot.

Nobody was working back there at 1:15 AM. I can guarantee you that. So the fact that the light came on is rather strange. However, the second picture appears to be nothing more than security making their rounds.

Maybe it was a car driving by on the nearby maintenance road and just lit up the area.

Nobody was working back there at 1:15 AM. I can guarantee you that. So the fact that the light came on is rather strange.

The attraction is called Dinosaurs Alive. Maybe.............. That'd be worth $5!!!

Don't the KI Police wear dark tops with medium gray pants? Light to medium gray pants would show up nearly white in that particular lighting situation. Probably just a routine patrol.

It seems like the car pulled in and has its lights aimed at the person. Why else would it pull in at that angle? To maybe see someone that trespassed? Does anyone know if KI has security cameras that are monitored throughout the park? Otherwise it would seem unlikely that the person were caught, unless there's a lot of patrol cars driving around.

it's the ghost that haunts KI!!! unsure.gif

Oh dear goodness, not again.

Do you think, Hendrick, that you caught a person trespassing on KI property at night and got caught by the police car, he does look frozen in fear kind of. I love these photos though, give us more if you find anything interesting.

I really have no idea. If it were a trespasser, I would of expected more police cars to be there. However, if it is just a patrol car, I'm not sure why he got out of the car. A certain website last year showed us it isn't hard to illegally enter a Cedar Fair park preseason. And even then, they did it at dusk. Not 3 in the morning.

In the end, I just thought it was an interesting picture, and I wanted to share. I am about to go see if anything interesting happened last night though.

Edit: Nope, nothing happened. Although, Kings Island did add a light over in that area. Can't see as much in the background as before.

Edited by Hendrick

I really have no idea. If it were a trespasser, I would of expected more police cars to be there. However, if it is just a patrol car, I'm not sure why he got out of the car. A certain website last year showed us it isn't hard to illegally enter a Cedar Fair park preseason. And even then, they did it at dusk. Not 3 in the morning.

In the end, I just thought it was an interesting picture, and I wanted to share. I am about to go see if anything interesting happened last night though.

Edit: Nope, nothing happened. Although, Kings Island did add a light over in that area. Can't see as much in the background as before.

May I ask which website this was? And what for?

It seems like the car pulled in and has its lights aimed at the person. Why else would it pull in at that angle? To maybe see someone that trespassed? Does anyone know if KI has security cameras that are monitored throughout the park? Otherwise it would seem unlikely that the person were caught, unless there's a lot of patrol cars driving around.

Security is wached 24/7 365 days at KI. It's just Security doing there rounds. Id trust AZ Kinda Guy on what he said. To answer your qustion yes there are cameras Everyware at KI some can been seen others Can't :).

Looks to me like someone got caught checking out the construction without permission. Can't see it well enough to see what they're holding, but the officer is still in the car-the brake lights are on. The lighted image-no idea. Have heard of some strange events going on over the winter.

I don't think KI security cars have lights on top? I also don't recall them being that model of car...

(speaking of KI security cars, did anyone ever notice that they say "Dial 911" on the side? Uh... that won't get you in touch with KI security...)

Yes, let's just quote it and tell me how horribly wrong I am again. That'll work. :rolleyes:

yes, a place that big with need for security has security camera's everywhere. just not obvious, so they can catch people doing criminal acts/mischief. wink.gif

Ki has regular cop cars, so I'm guessing that it's just someone from security. And yes, they do have lights on the top.

Maybe someone dan correct me if I'm wrong but I think over the offseason and at nights after park close the security guys work in teams, so it wouldn't be strange to see one in the car and one out.

Whats really odd about that first picture, if you watch those videos on Youtube of the time laps, you can see how that "light" moves around the ride....Odd...

I'm pretty sure it's not the same light. Those time lapse pictures usually don't include very many night shots (just compare the length of the day shots to the night shots.... the night is much shorter.) Going through each picture in a time lapse picture, that light didn't move. It simply turned on and off.