Interesting over night webcam observations

Hendrick

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Security is wached 24/7 365 days at KI. It's just Security doing there rounds. Id trust AZ Kinda Guy on what he said. To answer your qustion yes there are cameras Everyware at KI some can been seen others Can't :).

Yes, there are cameras everywhere within the park, and you can't necessarily pick all of them out. It would be very near impossible to make your way through the park and not be caught on one of the cameras.

(speaking of KI security cars, did anyone ever notice that they say "Dial 911" on the side? Uh... that won't get you in touch with KI security...)

Uh...actually it will if you call from a park telephone.

Just to reiterate what Tom said, the security vehicles do have light bars on them.

Nobody was working back there at 1:15 AM. I can guarantee you that. So the fact that the light came on is rather strange.

The attraction is called Dinosaurs Alive. Maybe.............. That'd be worth $5!!!

Don't the KI Police wear dark tops with medium gray pants? Light to medium gray pants would show up nearly white in that particular lighting situation. Probably just a routine patrol.

I wander how the "cop" got in? Unless all the Mason cops have keys to King's Island. I doubt that. I'm sure its a security guard doing his nightly round of checking. They do check all around the park, not just WindSeeker, we just happened to see him here by chance.

Folks. This all seems pretty simple. As has been pointed out numerous times in this thread is that the park police do in fact have their own vehicles, with light bars on top and they do patrol the park. It was probably just a regular patrol and the officer stopped his car, left it running and just got out to take a look around.

The car is clearly not from Mason's departments and as exciting as it sounds to have caught someone trespassing, it probably is just as simple as what I posted above.

P.S. Kudos to Hendrick for creatively coming up with a way to make a timelapse, looking forward to seeing it when he's done.

Uh...actually it will if you call from a park telephone.

Just to reiterate what Tom said, the security vehicles do have light bars on them.

I know, but if a guest saw that and tried calling 911 from their cell phone, the results would be "interesting".

I doubt it would really be any different than calling 911 from the mall. The operators are going to contact the proper personnel to deal with the situation at hand.

P.S. Kudos to Hendrick for creatively coming up with a way to make a timelapse, looking forward to seeing it when he's done.

Had a few issues the last 24 hours.... probably only received a quarter of the images I should have. Rest of them are "invalid", or half the image didn't load...... I'm trying to fix it right now actually.

Edit: All fixed.... seemed the website I was running the cron job off of didn't give it enough time to complete.

windseeker2.jpg?r=1301104144609

Anyone have any ideas what the 2 lights in the woods are?

Here's another education I could use, how far back is KI's property?

Edit:

I clearly have no clue how to get a single screen capture of the webcam. When I posted this there were 2 lights out in the woods at the time. If anyone can easily explain how to get a still from the webcam I'd appreciate it.

And no my VCR doesn't flash 12:00!...... What's a VCR?...... Geez I'm gettin' old!

So, after seeing a few of those "WindSeeker timelapse", I decided I wanted to make my own. Long story short, I made a script that simply saves the image to the server in fifteen minute intervals, and every night, I go and download them. Well, while doing this, I have run across two things, and at the urging of a friend, I decided to post them here. Here is the first one, which is not all that interesting.

From 1:15am on 3/19/2011.

03_19_20110115.jpg

Notice the light on The Racer's one hill. It was only on for that time shot. Sort of strange that they were working back there at 1:15am.

Now, for my other shot. This one is strange. There was no sign of activity before, or after this shot. But, last night (this morning), at 3:30a at night, here is what I captured.

30.jpg

Just thought I share.

(This gives a whole new meaning to Terpy's post about the things that have been caught at Cedar Points webcams before.)

I just wanted to point this out and see if anyone noticed. I know that it has been mentioned that the Cop cars brake lights appear to be illuminated, but did anyone else notice that the Cop Car has its Spotlight on? Look at the Light shadow on the ground by the Drivers side door and how Illuminated the person is standing there. I bet this was a genuine trespasser caught on property..

^The brake lights aren't on, they're just the rear lights. As was said in the thread before, the window brake light is not on, no one's stepping on the brakes.

But....but....what if the Cyclops (window brake light) is burned out, shorted out or just plain old no longer works?

Terp, seemingly ever shooting holes in logic where he works, to the delight of some and chagrin of others...

^The brake lights aren't on, they're just the rear lights. As was said in the thread before, the window brake light is not on, no one's stepping on the brakes.

But....but....what if the Cyclops (window brake light) is burned out, shorted out or just plain old no longer works?

Terp, seemingly ever shooting holes in logic where he works, to the delight of some and chagrin of others...

Exactly. Brake lights look on to me.

I am sure it is just one of the off season park police officers doing a patrol. Kings Island has both security and park police officers who work in the offseason.

The park police wear tan pants and a very dark blue shirt. It also appears that the person has a flashlight in their hand.

It is very common for security to have to do a fire watch round near any new construction.

...because concrete and steel are known for their propensity to spontaneously combust and/or susceptibility to arson?

Terp, who doesn't buy the fire watch part...not this time.

Just because that is what the ride is made out of, doesn't mean there isn't electricity or any type of tools in the area that can cause a fire.

WhoDey2007, who has extensive personal experience in this area.

I just wanted to point this out and see if anyone noticed. I know that it has been mentioned that the Cop cars brake lights appear to be illuminated, but did anyone else notice that the Cop Car has its Spotlight on? Look at the Light shadow on the ground by the Drivers side door and how Illuminated the person is standing there. I bet this was a genuine trespasser caught on property..

From an old camera guy:

The sensitivity of camera's iris give the illusion of the brakelights being on. If you look at how bright the building is, that is another "hot spot" in the frame, like the brake lights. the camera lens tries to average the exposure of most of the frame. So you have parts of the picture over exposed and parts under exposed. Regarding the spotlight being on, if you look at the orange cone in front of the cruiser, it is only throwing 2 shadows= 2 headlights. if the spotlight was on, there would be 3 shadows. Like the "moon" photos, shadows can be very telling. As far as the identity of the figure, I bet it's just someone who wanted to get in line for a "first rider" tshirt.

(image deleted)

Edit:

I clearly have no clue how to get a single screen capture of the webcam. When I posted this there were 2 lights out in the woods at the time. If anyone can easily explain how to get a still from the webcam I'd appreciate it.

And no my VCR doesn't flash 12:00!...... What's a VCR?...... Geez I'm gettin' old!

I always hit 'print screen' ("PRTSC") then paste the image onto Microsoft Word. I then crop out the edges around the image and then save it. Then you post it here like you would any othe rpic from your computer