Action Theater 2011

mikejenkins1

So first of all, will there be a movie running in the Action Theater this year and if so what?

Will it be Spongebob still or something Dinosaur related?

Also, how will you get to that area if it is used?

WindSeeker is right on top of that entrance/exit and just wonder how they will

keep the line for that and flow to the AT seperate.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the KI Facebook page:

What is going on with the Action Theater (with the Moving Seats,Use to Show SpongeBob) .. Will it Be open this Year? I know it wouldn't be Spongebob Anymore, I was Just wondering what was going on with the Ride..
Kings Island Action Theater will still be open this year. The film that will be shown is in the process of being finalized.

http://www.cagreatamerica.com/visit/visit_park_map.cfm

Great America's Action Theater is open this year, though the film for it has not yet been announced, it would seem. At first I thought it may be evidence to a new film that the theater's supports are colored pink (as if the map was slightly altered to reflect a change at the theater to incorporate the new show) but it appears that those supports have always been pink on their maps.

With any luck, we'll know what show ours will be playing when the new map is released which, according to Kings Island's Twitter posting from Monday will be "in a matter of days!" Then again, Great America's map didn't mention it...

Doesn't that seem like something that should be on the map? Like, the building should be labeled "Spongebob 3D" and not "Action Theater?" That doesn't help people much...

There won't necessarily be a new show. I believe that the "Action Theater will be open, but the film it will play has not been finalized" statement was also issued last year at this time. Later, in a 5@5 question and answer session with the park, they said that they played Spongebob again because visitors seemed to like it and its ridership proved that it was still a successful film.

Keep in mind that, prior to Spongebob 3D, the film in Paramount Action-FX Theater changed every 2 or 3 years, even adding Halloween themed simulator to one side of the two-sided theater for Paramount's Fearfest. Spongebob has been around since the 2003 season (which would make this year its ninth - imagine the state of any reel of film which plays continuously, every twenty minutes, daily, six months a year, for nine years. If Spongebob stays, I vote for at least a new ride-film. The one that played last season lacked anything resembling a bright, fun color and the 3D was hit or miss for weeks at a time).

If Spongebob stays, I vote for at least a new ride-film. The one that played last season lacked anything resembling a bright, fun color and the 3D was hit or miss for weeks at a time).

I'm pretty sure that, at one point in the recent past, there was a new film... I have seen a piece cut out of an "old" film.

Spongebob has been around since the 2003 season (which would make this year its ninth - imagine the state of any reel of film which plays continuously, every twenty minutes, daily, six months a year, for nine years. If Spongebob stays, I vote for at least a new ride-film. The one that played last season lacked anything resembling a bright, fun color and the 3D was hit or miss for weeks at a time).

But the scratches and lines on the film jump right out at you!

There are a total of 4 prints of any film that plays at AT, two for each projector. Each print costs $5 grand, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was just new prints.

Oh and from what I can remember from when I worked there, what was playing in AT never was decided till last minute because of how quick the program and films can be swapped. All it takes is a cartridge and two reels.

There are a total of 4 prints of any film that plays at AT, two for each projector. Each print costs $5 grand, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was just new prints.

Oh and from what I can remember from when I worked there, what was playing in AT never was decided till last minute because of how quick the program and films can be swapped. All it takes is a cartridge and two reels.

for the film itself yes, there is actually quite a bit of work that goes in to programming the seats correctly so it actually matches up with the film

If they take away Spongebob, I will visit even LESS than I was already planning to visit, because of other things they've taken away from me. Take away

the best 3D movie they ever had, and that's all she wrote! If there is a NEW Spongebob episode, I would be in favor of that, even though I love,

"Hey, Is That My Patty?" But, NOT having Spongebob at all is NOT acceptable!

If they take away Spongebob, I will visit even LESS than I was already planning to visit, because of other things they've taken away from me. Take away

the best 3D movie they ever had, and that's all she wrote! If there is a NEW Spongebob episode, I would be in favor of that, even though I love,

You're kidding right?

I loved the Spongebob film when it was newer, but it's time is up. A lot of people are getting bored with the movie, and it is time for something new and exciting.

You're kidding right?

Lol. You know that he isn't.

*cough*Planet Snoopy*cough*

So, I'm guessing you never went to Kings Island after Planet Snoopy moved in? Because, after all, they took away Spongebob.

If they take away Spongebob, I will visit even LESS than I was already planning to visit, because of other things they've taken away from me. Take away the best 3D movie they ever had, and that's all she wrote!...

But, but, but Elvira's Superstition has been gone for quite some time....

Terpy, who just HAD to