Windseeker Operations

skaterboy22101

I find it highly unlikely that they will require a ride operator at the top. Why? Because I`m sure some cameras would suffice, not to mention, I`m sure there would be some liability issues with requiring a worker positioned that high. OSHA regulations can be quite complicated.

There is not going to be a ride op on top of the tower or anywhere inside the tower while it is operating. To think so is just plain silly. I have 20 reasons in my head as to why it will never happen. If there is an elevator inside, it will be for maintenance use only. If there is a position at the top of the tower, how is that person going to be rotated out for breaks and shift changes? Is the ride going to be shut down for 20 minutes every hour while they ride the elevator up and down? For you Eiffel Tower people, the Eiffel Tower was built as an observation tower and only that. Its only purpose is to have people ride up and down its elevators to enjoy the sights. Thats why it is safe for ride ops to be on the Eiffel Tower and not WindSeeker. This is all common sense people. I don't know why it's still being discussed.

That is not the Eiffel Tower's only purpose. More than anything, it serves as Kings Island's wienie, in Disney speak...the focal point around which the park is organized, that people navigate by, and that serves as the trademark center of the park. Many, many more millions of people have enjoyed the Kings Island Eiffel Tower than have ever ridden its elevators. Indeed, many of those people have never ridden any ride at Kings Island, and some never will.

Common sense is not the talisman for figuring out how many things work in the park industry. Many park practices appear to make no sense at all to the uninitiated...and some don't even to insiders.

That being said, enough has been said, at least by me.

I think it is valid question. Do I think there needs to be a physical ride OP at the top, no. There could be a virtual OP by the means of cameras as others have mentioned.

There is only one way to find out for sure. Ride it on April 30th! If this person at the top is watching you ride, you should be able to see them as well right?

http://kiWindSeeker....org/updates.htm

Fun Fact: The all new WindSeeker ride will require a Ride Attendent 301' feet in the air inside the tower.

Wasn't that website created by someone on here?

Not an official website for WindSeeker or of Cedar Fair.

I know, but he apparently got that info from somewhere.

Anything is possible but I seriously doubt it, why would they design a ride that way? What would the person in the tower actually do? With that logic DropZone should have someone in the tower also?

<br />That is not the Eiffel Tower's only purpose.  More than anything, it serves as Kings Island's wienie, in Disney speak...the focal point around which the park is organized, that people navigate by, and that serves as the trademark center of the park.  Many, many more millions of people have enjoyed the Kings Island Eiffel Tower than have ever ridden its elevators.  Indeed, many of those people have never ridden any ride at Kings Island, and some never will.<br /><br />Common sense is not the talisman for figuring out how many things work in the park industry.  Many park practices appear to make no sense at all to the uninitiated...and some don't even to insiders.<br /><br />That being said, enough has been said, at least by me.<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />With no disrespect to you or anyone else, you did not understand the point he made about the Eiffel Tower. You are correct that the Eiffel Tower is the focal point of King's Island, its one of the many reasons the park is famous. But he did not say that it is just an observation deck and nothing more in the sense that it serves no other purpose, but there is not a thrill ride at the top, it does not spin, it does not drop you. To compare WindSeeker to the Eiffel Tower is like comparing apples to oranges. Plus, the WindSeeker elevator will be a one person elevator, and probably one that cannot be operated while the ride is in motion. Putting someone at the top of that tower is dangerous and ridiculous. It was simply a joke going around the park that was obviously taken way too seriously and by someone with a odd sense of humor, or none at all.

Guest PizzaBaby027

That is not the Eiffel Tower's only purpose. More than anything, it serves as Kings Island's wienie, in Disney speak...the focal point around which the park is organized, that people navigate by, and that serves as the trademark center of the park. Many, many more millions of people have enjoyed the Kings Island Eiffel Tower than have ever ridden its elevators. Indeed, many of those people have never ridden any ride at Kings Island, and some never will.

Common sense is not the talisman for figuring out how many things work in the park industry. Many park practices appear to make no sense at all to the uninitiated...and some don't even to insiders.

That being said, enough has been said, at least by me.

Its funny because the most asked question from guests to employee's is where is the Eiffel Tower. They tell us to just smile and direct them, smart remarks make for a direct point to termination!!! Its just funny when people ask that and how that can be the most asked question!!! LOL

<br />That is not the Eiffel Tower's only purpose. More than anything, it serves as Kings Island's wienie, in Disney speak...the focal point around which the park is organized, that people navigate by, and that serves as the trademark center of the park. Many, many more millions of people have enjoyed the Kings Island Eiffel Tower than have ever ridden its elevators. Indeed, many of those people have never ridden any ride at Kings Island, and some never will.<br /><br />Common sense is not the talisman for figuring out how many things work in the park industry. Many park practices appear to make no sense at all to the uninitiated...and some don't even to insiders.<br /><br />That being said, enough has been said, at least by me.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

With no disrespect to you or anyone else, you did not understand the point he made about the Eiffel Tower. You are correct that the Eiffel Tower is the focal point of King's Island, its one of the many reasons the park is famous. But he did not say that it is just an observation deck and nothing more in the sense that it serves no other purpose, but there is not thrill ride at the top, it does not spin, it does not drop you. To compare WindSeeker to the Eiffel Tower is like company apple to oranges. Plus, the WindSeeker elevator will be a one person elevator, and probably one that cannot be operated while the ride is in motion. Putting someone at the top of that tower is dangerous and ridiculous. It was simply a joke going around the park that was obviously taken way too seriously and by someone with a odd sense of humor, or none at all.

Ahem...I did understand his point. His words, EXACTLY, which you apparently missed:

...the Eiffel Tower was built as an observation tower and only that....

He and I had a nice discussion. You, on the other hand, apparently missed the line I quoted.

YOUR TURN.

Guest PizzaBaby027

I read that website about WS and well I hope that fella knows that they can't pour concrete if its below 19 degrees and if they do they are terribly wrong in doing so!!!

<br />
<br />
<br />That is not the Eiffel Tower's only purpose.  More than anything, it serves as Kings Island's wienie, in Disney speak...the focal point around which the park is organized, that people navigate by, and that serves as the trademark center of the park.  Many, many more millions of people have enjoyed the Kings Island Eiffel Tower than have ever ridden its elevators.  Indeed, many of those people have never ridden any ride at Kings Island, and some never will.<br /><br />Common sense is not the talisman for figuring out how many things work in the park industry.  Many park practices appear to make no sense at all to the uninitiated...and some don't even to insiders.<br /><br />That being said, enough has been said, at least by me.<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />With no disrespect to you or anyone else, you did not understand the point he made about the Eiffel Tower. You are correct that the Eiffel Tower is the focal point of King's Island, its one of the many reasons the park is famous. But he did not say that it is just an observation deck and nothing more in the sense that it serves no other purpose, but there is not thrill ride at the top, it does not spin, it does not drop you. To compare WindSeeker to the Eiffel Tower is like company apple to oranges. Plus, the WindSeeker elevator will be a one person elevator, and probably one that cannot be operated while the ride is in motion. Putting someone at the top of that tower is dangerous and ridiculous. It was simply a joke going around the park that was obviously taken way too seriously and by someone with a odd sense of humor, or none at all.<br />
<br /><br />Ahem...I did understand his point.  His words, EXACTLY, which you apparently missed:<br /><br /><font color="#2F4F4F"><b>...the Eiffel Tower was built as an observation tower and only that....</b></font><br /><br />He and I had a nice discussion.  You, on the other hand, apparently missed the line I quoted.<br /><br />YOUR TURN.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I have no countering statement. I read everything and just wanted to make it clear that that was how he meant that. No disrespect or want to start an argument. Just a clarifying statement. No reason to argue here :)

Guest rcfreak339
<br />That is not the Eiffel Tower's only purpose. More than anything, it serves as Kings Island's wienie, in Disney speak...the focal point around which the park is organized, that people navigate by, and that serves as the trademark center of the park. Many, many more millions of people have enjoyed the Kings Island Eiffel Tower than have ever ridden its elevators. Indeed, many of those people have never ridden any ride at Kings Island, and some never will.<br /><br />Common sense is not the talisman for figuring out how many things work in the park industry. Many park practices appear to make no sense at all to the uninitiated...and some don't even to insiders.<br /><br />That being said, enough has been said, at least by me.<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />With no disrespect to you or anyone else, you did not understand the point he made about the Eiffel Tower. You are correct that the Eiffel Tower is the focal point of King's Island, its one of the many reasons the park is famous. But he did not say that it is just an observation deck and nothing more in the sense that it serves no other purpose, but there is not a thrill ride at the top, it does not spin, it does not drop you. To compare WindSeeker to the Eiffel Tower is like comparing apples to oranges. Plus, the WindSeeker elevator will be a one person elevator, and probably one that cannot be operated while the ride is in motion. Putting someone at the top of that tower is dangerous and ridiculous. It was simply a joke going around the park that was obviously taken way too seriously and by someone with a odd sense of humor, or none at all.

How is that ridiculous? Maintenance crew have to go on top of Drop Tower to properly maintain cables and such, putting someone atop WindSeeker is plausible. How is it so much different from working on top of the Eiffel Tower? I'm sure bars would be added or some kind of glass to protect the operator. (or Kings Island trusts the operators to behave and operate the ride safely from that height.)

I really don't see why people think this is some crazy idea that was made up by a 6 year old. It's completely plausible. Although I bet it would be hard to find ops brave enough to do it.

How is that ridiculous? Maintenance crew have to go on top of Drop Tower to properly maintain cables and such, putting someone atop WindSeeker is plausible. How is it so much different from working on top of the Eiffel Tower? I'm sure bars would be added or some kind of glass to protect the operator. (or Kings Island trusts the operators to behave and operate the ride safely from that height.)

I really don't see why people think this is some crazy idea that was made up by a 6 year old. It's completely plausible. Although I bet it would be hard to find ops brave enough to do it.

Does maintenance stay up there whenever the ride is operating? Does a ride op stay at the very top (not the observation deck) of Eiffel Tower whenever it's open?